Musashi Plays With Fire- The Doors and Neville's Haze

You need to put a disclaimer on this thread "Warning content not suitable for children, content may cause drooling, arousal, and jealousy."

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Mahalo braddahs for all the kindness!

Seems some lively conversations on this site going on about who is more famous/infamous and who did what, when, how, and with whom.
Glory days, well they’ll pass you by…
I’m happy to work the soil and grow the seed. That’s where you will find me. And I am convinced that is where one will find the most meaningful answers.

But speaking of the NOW and of famous people, I can’t wait to try Shanti’s new Haze and CBD offerings. It would be nice to grow alongside the DoorsxNH cross I just did. And then compare taste/potency with it, along with the Doors and Neville’s that are just now finishing up. Haze, haze, and more haze!!

“Indoors you should select anything that goes up until 16 weeks flowering time and kill any others as they are not practical for indoor rooms.”

As I near this 16 week ceiling, I look at these plants, some with just the slightest hint of color and wonder if I will heed the above advice when the time comes. I probably won’t. When one gets to 16 weeks, what’s another 4, eh? They are finishing as expected, slowly ripening on the vine. Moving them around this morning, I’m getting light citrusy smells, as well as some incense. Some mango aromas, a certain ripeness of fruit, some chocolate. Classic Haze aromas when I brush up against them. It is not quite as dark, oily and fuelly smelling as The Doors.
What should come next? I can just see the finish line and am already getting my new straws in a row!

nh #2b 3_13.jpgnh #3b 3_13.jpg
Neville's Haze #2 and #3

nh #4b 3_13.jpgnh #5b 3_12.jpg
Neville's Haze #4 and #5

nh #6b 3_13.jpgnh #7d 3_13.jpg
Neville's Haze #6 and #7

nh #8b 3_12.jpgnh #10b 3_13.jpg
Neville's Haze #8 and #10

Shaka
Mu

Holy fooook!

Your making me look at my choices again for what's next! I have been playing around with "elite" Xs, ALL with miniscule yields.

Ever look at yourself and think "WTF am I doing!?"

That's me.
Now.

Holy fooook! Is about right.

You've found yourself alot of pretty looking ladies there, I bet you spend ages checking out these ladies while your in the grow room. :D

Looking forward to growing Holy Grail and fingers crossed it will be legally, exciting times in the world of cannabis.

All these seeds to grow Mu, might be time to expand the grow room :cool:

Are We Home Yet?

@braddahs truly a pleasure to share this grow with you! Indeed, a spiritual experience hanging out with these spirits, watching the dance.

Well here we are, a day short of 16 weeks. The girls are trying real hard to get home on time but alas, girls just wanna have fun. :) Besides, I’ve learned to add another week onto the MNS strain descriptions. So 17 weeks should see most everyone coming home. And at this point, I am certainly not going to close the door on any stragglers.

Sweet Sixteen weeks that is

_nh#2b 3_23.jpg_nh#2a 3_23.jpg
Neville’s Haze #2

_nh#3a 3_23.jpg_nh#3b 3_23.jpg
Neville’s Haze #3

_nh#4a 3_23.jpg_nh#4b 3_23.jpg
Neville’s Haze #4

_nh#5a 3_23.jpg_nh#5b 3_23.jpg
Neville’s Haze #5

cont. next post-

Last edited:
Just spectacular, Musashi. That #7 gets my heart racing just looking at her. How dense are the buds? Is it the weight of each plant's apical cola that causes it to bend over like that?

I'm really impressed. Neville's Haze will be my next MNS grow, unless I can get my hands on some Holy Grail seeds!

Extraordinary plants, brother.

:eek:

Wouldn't mind being on lock down at your place :D

4 Weeks of nation wide self isolation about to start tonight, only supermarkets open to the public, only essential workers to go to work, there is talk of going into a state of emergency so they can get the army and police out to enforce isolation, patrolling streets, check points and anything else the government sees fit.

It's like war time down here, stay safe boys.

I saw this for real just once in my life.
Wanna try this strains someday.

Very nice structure 8 J

All the girls are home now, cut and hanging on the dry line as of this morning. They frosted up nicely in the last few weeks and I am happy with how they turned out. 17 weeks. It is about time as the clones and seedlings are bustin’ out and looking forward to their turn in the sun. In a hurry, I am not happy with the final pictures- the least of my problems as I sit with an awesome crop of Neville’s Haze and The Doors. Not a single intersex problem- no late term nanners either. 18 plants and zero problems. NONE. STABLE. 95% germination on 4 year old seed. Solid reasons why I prefer to grow MNS hybrids exclusively these days.

nh#2a 3_31.jpgnh#3b 3_31.jpg
Neville's Haze #2 and #3

nh#4a 3_31.jpgnh#5a 3_31.jpg
Neville's Haze #4 and #5

nh#6a 3_31.jpgnh#7b 3_31.jpg
Neville's Haze #6 and #7

nh#8a 3_31.jpgnh#10a 3_31.jpg
Neville's Haze #8 and #10

:):):):):)
As for #7, initial looks are always belying. She was the Olive Oyl of the bunch. Sparse and lanky like a rail, she was the last to flower. And like her sisters, she didn’t come into her own until the last 4 weeks; putting on weight and defying the stem that no longer supported her luscious dreads. Yes, they hang like grapes because of their heaviness. I did weigh her in the most unscientific way; laying cola on a paper plate supported by the scale on a small cutting board lol. She registered at 118 grams. I was going to reweigh her but didn’t want to FU the resins laying her on that plate again. Doubtful about the accuracy, some variable has got to be off but she does have some serious weight to her.

NH #7a 1_30.jpgNH #7b 1_30.jpg
Neville's Haze #7 Jan. 30

nh #7a 2_17.jpgnh #7b 2_17.jpg
Neville's Haze #7 Feb. 17

nh #7a 3_4.jpgnh#7c 3_23.jpg
Neville's Haze #7 Mar. 4 and Mar. 23

It really makes sense to keep all plants for terminal evaluation because you never know, especially with these demure ones. How many times have I told myself and how many times have I listened? Out of laziness, a clone was not kept. However her progeny will be explored and I do have another 100+ NH seeds yet to explore. In the end, I am pleased as punch considering the general ease of the grow. One thought lingers though, I wonder if she would have looked and yielded the same had I tried manifolding her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrGw_cOgwa8
She's a natural law and she leaves me in awe
She deserves the applause, I surrender because
She used to look good to me, but now I find her

Simply irresistible

Thanks for the support braddahs. Smoke report available in 6 months ;)

Shaka
Mu

Beautifull grow Brother! :cool: well deserved after all the love given! You make it look **easy to pull them through those 17 weeks :cool:

do you check trichome for harvest window? Ive noticed some sativas do not tend to change the color of their pistels when getting closer to harvest. Or do you think if you would let them go even longer that they in the end would reach a point that they do get brown-ish?

Nah bro, keep growing those monster colas its suits you :D but cant help to wonder what she would look like manifolded or scrogged. I wonder if it can shave off some flowering time, big colas tend to take more time to get ripe i think.

Curing for an half year... wish ya good luck with that :p

**Disclaimer: Not as easy as it looks:D

Wow .... Amazing job Mu, beautiful plants bro. I'm sad to see these girls go but it's there time, there off to a better place ... :D

Whats up next on the agenda ?

Last edited:
Aloha braddahs!

@braddahs and sisters I am overwhelmed with your kindness. Mahalo and much gratitude. Positive comments and feedback are always welcome.

“If she’s amazing, she won’t be easy.
IMG_1235.JPG
If she’s easy, she won’t be amazing. If she’s worth it, you won’t give up…” B. Marley

Yeah, the 6 month cure. Should be ready by the time they lift martial law haha /s
There may be some left at the end of the cure cycle but I doubt it lol!
So Growstone get them ice cubes into the bong! I really, really love the Neville’s shit!

I am sure that my braddahs and sisters know this but it’s important to understand the basic component parts that make up the pistil; which is a single ovule with 2 stigma that protend out from it- the ovule being encased by calyx and bract. Hope I got that right ;)
In the past, stigma coloration was a quick indicator of general ripeness. However, stigma coloration has nothing to do with trichome maturity other than being coincident. It is the condition of trichomes which is a better indicator of maturity and the high that one can expect. A magnifying device is critical here.
Sativas take their photosensitivity seriously and continually suck in as many photons as they can for as long as they can! It seems that the flowers closest to the light can go on forever, while trichome production is finite. They wanna get knocked up real bad!
Visually looking at my plants, they appear white-headed and yet under glass the lower branch trichomes as well as the apical are all ambered out and degraded. Glass is very important here to see what is really going on. I do not grow sativas for amber as I prefer the energetic raciness and lucidness of clear to cloudy.
I have most of the Neville’s cloned. Clones can typically shave off 1-2 weeks. So I should be able to get the girls ready in 15 weeks as opposed to the 17 weeks it took. Colas IME, ripen according to genetic information and environmental input.
Anyone and everyone should grow these plants if not for the experience than for the high. It is sublime. One just needs to adjust one’s time horizon and remember that “less is more”.

IMG_0117.JPG

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer, but they think they have. So they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.." - Ken Kesey

Shaka
Mu

Last edited:
The thing I love about Musashi is he's as good at composing entertaining and informative posts as he is growing Neville's Haze! Goddamn but that squirrel meme is hilarious! And the surfer photo is most righteous.

Musashi, do you regret not harvesting the NH earlier? The Colombians I grow don't ever seem to amber up the trichomes, but I'll pay closer attention this grow based on what you wrote. How's the Doors smoking? I assume the NH is destined for a 3-month+ cure.

Really fun to follow this most excellent grow. Thanks man.

Back