Musashi plays with fire- NL5/Afghan grow

Aloha CF, PMB, Marcus and GS thanks for the love braddahs!

Hey braddah Dkeppel! Now that‘s a great question that has me wrestling with how to answer it. So far out of the MNS catalogue, I have grown:

Critical Mass
Master Kaze
Master Kush Skunk
Medicine Man
NL5/Afghan
Nordle
Ortega

For ease of grow I like Medicine Man, Nordle, Ortega.
For yield I like Critical Mass, Medicine Man, Master Kush.
For aroma I like Critical Mass, Master Kush, Master Kaze, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.
For flavor I like Master Kush, Master Kaze, NL5/Afghan
For after work I like Master Kush, Master Kaze.
For sleepy time I like Medicine Man, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.
For straight up medicine I like Medicine Man, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.

For various reasons, I like ‘em all but right now I am discovering NL5/Afghan. My second grow; smoked half a joint of #8 last night at 9pm, woke up at 1am, TV and lights still on, doors wide open. This is serious knock out shit.
Critical Mass is very appealing for yield just have to watch the mold on those big buds. Master Kaze offers a variety of phenotypes and Master Kush is an all time favorite for many years now. Yummy stuff.

But if I had to pick one “Indica” it would probably be Medicine Man for ease of grow, yield, effect. It is excellent medicine.
View attachment 44028View attachment 44029
Medicine Man

I am interested in what others think; their experience with these MNS plants and look forward to their feedback.

Good hunting braddah.

Shaka
Mu

So glad you are taking the time to document and share your grows Mu. I wish you could update this list sometime as you have probably doubled it. These old threads are an encyclopedia of knowledge. Thanks again and continue to share the love my friend.

I am humbled by the flattery @slabsofdank! I'll give you an hour more to cut that out lol. I suppose I should add Shit and G13xAfSk to that indie list. I keep telling you braddahs it is all about the seed. They keep making hereos out of us nobodies :) Thanks again for your words!

🤙Mu

Enjoy the brief flattery, yeah these genetics are invaluable. Every time I get off reading up on another strain, I'm ready to pop the beans. haha. With 62 packs of MNS gear in the freezer it's kind of hard to whittle it down to just 3 or 4 for the summer gogo. I'm still studying. Thanks for the research material.

Aloha fellow firewalkers!

Thanks for all the love braddahs!
I am guessin' that this is going to be a very busy week. Several plants are already hung and I plan to finish up the rest of them this week. Contrary to strain descriptions warning of mold, I have not had any problems. I do pay attention to cleanliness, ventilation and keep humidity within a low and narrow range. Said another way, I have better luck growing these varieties indoors in a controlled environment.
Braddahs, this is yet another MNS variety that grows on its own and makes you look like a hero upon completion. Good yields and delicious aromas!
A photography genius I am not but hopefully these pics will suffice for my good braddah Ronin

View attachment 43948View attachment 43949View attachment 43950
NL5/Afghan #4, #6, #8

View attachment 43951View attachment 43952
ACDC/Ortega #2, #3

Shaka
Mu
They remind me a lot of early 90's NL#5. More pistils but colour is very kermit. We used to call NL#5 Muppet Bud

Aloha CF, PMB, Marcus and GS thanks for the love braddahs!

Hey braddah Dkeppel! Now that‘s a great question that has me wrestling with how to answer it. So far out of the MNS catalogue, I have grown:

Critical Mass
Master Kaze
Master Kush Skunk
Medicine Man
NL5/Afghan
Nordle
Ortega

For ease of grow I like Medicine Man, Nordle, Ortega.
For yield I like Critical Mass, Medicine Man, Master Kush.
For aroma I like Critical Mass, Master Kush, Master Kaze, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.
For flavor I like Master Kush, Master Kaze, NL5/Afghan
For after work I like Master Kush, Master Kaze.
For sleepy time I like Medicine Man, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.
For straight up medicine I like Medicine Man, NL5/Afghan, Ortega.

For various reasons, I like ‘em all but right now I am discovering NL5/Afghan. My second grow; smoked half a joint of #8 last night at 9pm, woke up at 1am, TV and lights still on, doors wide open. This is serious knock out shit.
Critical Mass is very appealing for yield just have to watch the mold on those big buds. Master Kaze offers a variety of phenotypes and Master Kush is an all time favorite for many years now. Yummy stuff.

But if I had to pick one “Indica” it would probably be Medicine Man for ease of grow, yield, effect. It is excellent medicine.
View attachment 44028View attachment 44029
Medicine Man

I am interested in what others think; their experience with these MNS plants and look forward to their feedback.

Good hunting braddah.

Shaka
Mu
This is a great report, thank you!!!

Hey musashi, I am growing Ortega right now. I don't know what you call it but they are just starting to branch unevenly. Soon they should sex and I will keep the females.

I grew it back in 2011 when they first came out. It was the best Indica I've grown to date. They buds were full and beautiful. The buds were so greasy! I've grown many, many strains and none were like Ortega. Looked like they had been sprayed with oil it was so greasy. Also, my wifes friends, who are professional stoners, smoked it they said it cut right through whatever they had been smoking and got them super stoned. ALL of them said that! I tried smoking it and passed straight out, after a major panic attack. I couldn't touch it but it sure worked well for my wife. One thing I can say is I had to be careful of herming. No light leaks, no light deviations, no drought and all should be ok. Hope this helps someone.

Rubbing the stems of these new plants creates a major stink in the room. They are lush and beautiful! I look forward to flower!

@Dawn- Oh, she is a beauty and a delight to grow; a lovely companion on those warm, star-filled summer nights as well as those cold winter nights in wool socks by a warm fire. A fine smoke and rendered into oil, similar to the strain posted in this thread, she makes an efficacious medicine. A girl for all seasons as you know!

I would like to see a picture of the "early 90's NL#5" that @RileyQuin speaks of and compare any similarities.

In the meantime:
Ortega #1 8_6 a.jpg
Ortega #1

🤙 Mu

Back