Mr Nice, The Legend...a condolence page and tribute to the life and times of Howard Marks aka Mr Nice.

Hi All

well after a very successful and heart warming Prague show and tribute to Howard and his legacy ...I am happy to post this special clip and song as a last testament to my good friend.

I wish to thank Zoro for writing such an eloquent tribute and Line and Liz(The CBD Angels) for doing the video and seminar with yours truly. I wish to thank Sandra and Jay from Advanced hydroponics for being solid friends and organising a big part of all things as well as being the biggest supporters of CBD crew. Finally a big thanks to Lukas and Nikola from Cannafest for being sympathetic to Howard tribute as well as making all available to us with no costs or no hassle...hard to find such a good heart in this industry...so thank you from my heart.

Our seminar started off with this now a youtube link.....enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUYRngh2mLk&feature=youtu.be

all the best Sb

I really wish that I could've been there to enjoy the whole day with you guys. It would've been so awesome to see everything that went down that day especially in respect to any tributes to Howard throughout the day.

That was a really beautiful tribute montage. I really would've loved to have had a chance to meet Howard in my lifetime and I would've loved a chance to have a decent conversation with him even more.

I loved Howard's "Spliff Politics" cameo in the movie Human Traffic!! They couldn't have picked a better choice of character than Howard given his background.

I had the the privilege of Howard's company in London, in (I think) 2003. I had no idea what to expect from the evening. My friend and I travelled, medium sized bong and a few grams of sativa in tow which, to me, seemed a little concerning considering the biased political/policing stance on weed. Previously having had a couple of run-ins in towns around the UK, I tended to follow the policemans advice of 'smoke it only at home'.

When we arrived at the venue, I was delighted to discover Mr. Marks had arranged security - on the inside - to keep any nosey cops out! :D Full table service; such a gentleman. We hit every available gram through the glass piece that evening.
On reflection, the experience may have affected me with greater profundity that I'd realised. Vocal cannabis advocates, like Howard, Shantibaba, Cypress Hill, provided a sensible, balancing force in the midst of much confusion.

Rest in peace Howard, long may your legacy live.

I had the the privilege of Howard's company in London, in (I think) 2003. I had no idea what to expect from the evening. My friend and I travelled, medium sized bong and a few grams of sativa in tow which, to me, seemed a little concerning considering the biased political/policing stance on weed. Previously having had a couple of run-ins in towns around the UK, I tended to follow the policemans advice of 'smoke it only at home'.

When we arrived at the venue, I was delighted to discover Mr. Marks had arranged security - on the inside - to keep any nosey cops out! :D Full table service; such a gentleman. We hit every available gram through the glass piece that evening.
On reflection, the experience may have affected me with greater profundity that I'd realised. Vocal cannabis advocates, like Howard, Shantibaba, Cypress Hill, provided a sensible, balancing force in the midst of much confusion.

Rest in peace Howard, long may your legacy live.

Aye he was a great bloke he had a flat up north and a few business interests;) we met on a few occasions and had a good ol smokeout.
He loved my kali and blue sat.:D

Hi All

well i spent April 10th watching a few of Howard´s most memorable interviews online with my daughter...who is beginning to take interest in this field after growing up all around it...so was a real family day remembrance.

I miss Howard and his uniqueness...but think he would be proud how the industry and legalization would be moving along world wide!Let us hope it continues to grow ...Shantibaba

we met on a few occasions and had a good ol smokeout.
He loved my kali and blue sat.:D
Nice to hear this, English :)
well i spent April 10th watching a few of Howard´s most memorable interviews online with my daughter...who is beginning to take interest in this field after growing up all around it...so was a real family day remembrance.

I miss Howard and his uniqueness...but think he would be proud how the industry and legalization would be moving along world wide!Let us hope it continues to grow ...Shantibaba

Inspiring to hear your daughter may continue in your footsteps, SB.
Here in Michigan the process is underway; adults can get a card allowing them to grow, buy and use cannabis lawfully. This is has been very helpful for us. The state recently opened licensing applications for large scale medical growers, (500-1500 plants).
More promising is the forthcoming plans allowing small / medium scale recreational cultivation and production (250 plants).

The snowball is rolling.

Nice to see you back , have not noticed you on in some time but I have been absent my self the last few months

A good friend recently shared a story with me that he let me share with our group.
These stories are slowly disappearing as we are aging, my friend Mac in his 70's now. Enjoy.

"hi slab yea the devil plant looks real tasty mate..... you know years ago i am sure i met mr nice(around 1976) ...me and a guy called dave where in a pub in brum when this tall guy with longest hair asked us if we could get him some hash ..my mate said he could so i stopped with the guy while he went to buy the hash,,he was Welsh and he said hed just sold his house ..he bought me and my mate loads of beers ,,,rhen he asked if we knew any where he could stay the night so my mate said ya hed would put him up for the night ,we lived in the same block of flats ...we that night t=the guy wanted to take us out for a meal and drinks etc ,,but i was fuked up from the dinner time drinking .so me and the mrs said we would look after my mates kids etc ...,,we the got home around 12 on the night ,,the welsh guy brought us back some curries and some bottles of booze for me and mrs for looking after mates kids .....then next morning my mate knocked me door and said the guy had gone and left us some cash this it was £30 so we split it ,,,and left a nice letter thanking us and he said he was going abroad ,,we never heard from him again ...then years later we saw his picture in the news paper and it was mr nice hed just been arrested ...well we couldnt believes our eyes ..we had a drink etc with mr nice ,,and man he was the man ,,,believe it or not no one would believe us but it really was him ....he was a great guy to talk too ,,with his stories about Morocco and Afganistan ..ar the time we thought he was just making stories up ..but i wish i could have seen him again and shake his hand ,,,ive never told any one about this story cuz i did try and tell me story etc but i knew no one would believe me and dave about mr nice .....mac."

Back