Mr Nice NL5 x Haze f1

axiom

2022 COE Winner
Season Greetings
I have started 15 NL5 x Haze seeds for the new year indoor grow.
These seeds were gifted to me by an older man who no longer able to grow. They are dated from 2011 seed crop.
place 15 seeds in a glass last Wednesday and soaked over nite until all had sank to the bottom. Plant the seed in coco pots presoaked with an organic rooting stimulator.
Today 14 of the 15 seeds have broken thru the surface and are starting a new life. With some good fortune I will grow out the girls in hopes of selecting a superb mother plant. The males from this seed lot may also be used but that is yet to be determined let us see what comes up first.
Until next time.

ax

I have 8 NL5Haze Seedlings going right now so I'm definitely going to be watching this. Will start my own thread in the near future.

Hi axiom

Isn't it fun to start something from scratch?

That's good that somebody passed something on to you.I bet it makes that old man happy that you go and visit him and share your passion for the plant freely.

I remember those Ortega victory garden pics you posted in the BOTM thread.Awesome stuff.

Peace ax
:)

It is my understanding that these are F1 NL5 x HazeC seedlings.
I believe the G13Haze are the only Haze ibl.
Other IBL seeds are Ortega,Nordle,Shit and Black Widow to some extent.
Check with MrNice for exact information so you can be sure.

ax

Just a brief update.
So far we have 4 males and 4 females, the remaining seedlings didn't make it for various reasons .
Stem rot played a part in all that perished.
1 female is very stretchy 3 remaining females are smaller and similar to each other.
The 4 males are uniform in appearance but have different odor.
2 males may have potential however it is too soon to know yet.

ax

Just a brief update.
all males have been killed. 1 female was killed. 1 female was left to flower out.
2 remaining females F1 from seed are rejuvenating as we speak.
#1 is sweet and will be heavy yield.
#2 has a cat piss/fuel aroma and is a bit delicate.
You will be seeing these two again this fall in all their glory.
wish me luck :D

ax

best wishes ax

Just a brief update.
all males have been killed. 1 female was killed. 1 female was left to flower out.
2 remaining females F1 from seed are rejuvenating as we speak.
#1 is sweet and will be heavy yield.
#2 has a cat piss/fuel aroma and is a bit delicate.
You will be seeing these two again this fall in all their glory.
wish me luck :D

ax

reading between the lines:
-the stretchy one is being flowered while 2 of the 3 similar ones have been cloned and now in recovery. :D my question is: why so early if we will see them in the fall? are you going to clone the clones so as to get sufficient plants to run?

I have always appreciated your reports from back in the CW days. you have always been informative and helpful. I hope you can give some back to the older guy. :)

Not clones I save two F1 seed mothers and will use to make clones when big enough to cut a few at a time per plant.
Bonsai is something I've become interested in and think it is the way to keep and maintain old mothers:D

The 1 flowering female is not a clone canna-date IMO so I finish her and smoke later.
CW?
The old guy is good, fly fishing somewhere I think.
the torch has been passed as they say. cool running's
:D

ax

Back