Mr.Nice Neville'sHaze

L33t

Hi all

Here are 2 Neville's Haze plants I am growing along with my Mango Haze. One is a male and I also got a female.

The male seems more sativa looking than the female and is about to be moved to another room for me to keep growing under cfls until I collect some pollen.I will also try to take a cut root it under 18/6 and send the pollen to a sativa lover friend to test the progeny and if the results are good the cut is going to stay in the garden for future projects.

The female showed sex yesterday and I am going to take the top cut and also send my friend a clone to keep these genetics as a backup till some smoke samples are tested.

They seem healthy I am going to transplant the plants into new pots so they start growing faster as the 1L pots seem to be limiting the growth at the moment.

The male showed sex around 28 days from seed under 11.5/12.5 light regime, quite faster than I expected.

Here are some pics:

NH female on the left , male on the right

NH_fem_male_18feb2008_0022.jpg

Pics from the NH male:

NH_male_18feb2008_003.jpg

NH male:

NH_male_18feb2008_005.jpg

Last edited:
and the NH female:

NH_fmale_18feb2008_002.jpg

NH_fmale_18feb2008_001.jpg

Growing medium is : 1/3Canna Coco , 1/3 Biobizz 'All-Mix' soil and 1/3 perlite and I started them plants in these 1 L pots with this soil mix and used some pure perlite at the bottom layer of the soil in the pots (an inch of pure perlite). These plants are under 600w but were always at the corner of the growroom and the feeding was minimal. Nutes being used are: BioBizz:Grow/Bloom/Topmax/FishMix/Heaven and EarthJuice Catalyst , all in very small doses, and have been receiving bottled water of ph ~7.

Last edited:
Hi L33t,
they're both looking good man, hopefully the pollen from the male pollen turns out great for you and your mate, i can't wait till these are back in stock:cool: , definately gonna grab a couple of packs when they are, peace, Herb

Hi herb :) . Thanks man

Lets hope that male can pass the 'NH high' we all love to its progeny.

I cant wait to see some fresh NH stock too. I will devote the whole groowroom to run a good selection from 3-4packs of this legendary strain when it comes out again , and I will also get some packs for backup. Lets hope shanti makes some new NH seeds this year, he said if all things go well for him he may make some fresh stock soon. He also mentioned he is working on a new haze line this year so I have to say it is exiting times.

I would also like to try the AFxHaze and NHxMH too , I am sure there is something special to be found in those lines and would also like to re-run SSH . And of course LaNina to find some special Hazy/sativa phenos cause I was impressed with her high , smell and taste when I grew her last year...Damn..I want them all! A garden full of selected mns haze hybrids! So much will .. so little time and space!

Last edited:
hi l33t,

You got the NH by clone right? Because there are no seeds availble at the moment by mrnice. I am also waiting for these to come out and I will order it together with SSH. The thing is that too many ppl are waiting for it so I am afraid that I could not get a package.

if you want to grow test the f2 think of my name because maybe the original NH will go for a long run.

Jo

Last edited:
Hey joaquin386,

No they are from seed actually, they are from old f1 NH stock , made in early 90's.

Yes many people are also waiting for fresh NH stock lets hope Shanti makes some in the not so distant future , I 'd love to grab few packs too for a large female number selection as soon as they come out.

Hey there L33t

Those plants look real lush there, hats off to ya.

Just wondered how long the fem took to show sex?

I've just finished off 2 fems from a pack that I believe was from Shanti's last batch of Nevs. One took 6 weeks to show the other took 7 weeks, they were put into 12/12 straight after germination.

Nice work L33t can't wait to see those babies in a few weeks.

WVM

This is a strain you dont see enough grows of. Looking great L33t, but from what I've seen around the site, most of your shots do. Hope shanti gets more of these on the go soon, bit of a sativa lover myself. Again, great stuff.

Hi all

Bigbuddy,

Thanks man , I cant wait to sample the female , seems a very nice plant so far. I put it in 24/0 lighting to get some veg growth in order to take some clones and flower the clones instead of the seedplant. Seems this girl will keep me busy for the summer.

Whitevanman,

Well the female took around 6 weeks from seed to show sex and the male around 4weeks. They were growing very slowly the first 2-3 weeks , seems the plant had little vigor due to the seed being quite old but they have started to grow very fast now and both have alternative branching from early on. I believe if you grow it under 10/14 from the beginning you might manage to get them to show sex a bit earlier.

How is the smoke from the NH plants you grew? Tried them yet?

The NH male plant is in the flowering room at the moment and I am collecting some pollen to sent my friend

NH male pics:

Neville_sHaze_Male_01.jpg

Neville_sHaze_Male_04.jpg

Closer shot of the male flowers
Neville_sHaze_Male_02.jpg

And a photo from the female NH plant:

Neville_sHaze_Female_5march1.jpg

L33t

Last edited:
Hi there Haz3,

Your's are looking ace, I love that fem with the drooping fan leaves just chilling out:)

I never used to get exited about male plants either but yours looks realy cool with it's gold dust sprinkled everywhere, hope your mate realises how privaleged he his to have his girls dusted by this particular creation of Shantis' and Nevilles'!

The two girls I have, 2 different phenos, the first was very hazy in aroma but finished 1st by 2 weeks, yeilded very low and early test smokes were a bit disapointing, great taste but not mega potant.

The second was a lot more leafy, doesn't smell very hazy to me, at harvest it absolutly reeked of cat piss, this has eased off a bit now and the aroma is a very complexed mix of diesel, rotten bannanas, a very sulphery garlic smell and cat piss. To be honest it is too complexed for me to pick everything out. It is more potant than pheno#1 but still not mega strong, has a nice social high that is long lasting, about 4 hours or so. It also yeilded twice as much as #1.

They have both been in the jar about 3 weeks now, and will proberbly stay there now untill the begining of May, so I'm looking forward to trying them again to see how much they have improved.

A friend of mine is growing out 3 of each from cuttings at the moment so it will be interesting to see how his come out, although he is struggling with them at the moment.:(

I grew some out about 9 or 10 years ago that I bought from the greenhouse that I think were from the last batch that Shanti made whilst he was there. One plant from those was so potent that even without curing left most people that smoked it in the grips of the worst whitey they had ever had after just a few tokes, and that included me!

Sorry for the long winded reply and best of luck with yours
WVM

Awesome plants and pics

Beautiful plants and photography L33t, the female is looking really nice and healthy and those 2 male shots are awesome, keeping male(s) back to collect pollen is something i've never done before but would definately like to try next grow to attempt my first cross, the thing that's worrying me is acidental pollenation even if it's in another room or would it be safe enough?, do you keep the males under seperate HPS or CFL lights or just natural sunlight through a window?, peace, Herb

Hi whitevanman,

Nh is definitely a strain that needs selection and is sure can test your patience ... but on the good side.. the end result may turn out to be very special so its worth the try . I 'd like to run a seed grow with descent number of plants like the case with the mango and ssh then jump to conclusions but I've smoked a few times f1 nh selected cuts and the smoke was really special , very airy buds but very potent racy trippy type of high . I hope the female I am growing turns good but even if its not special , I will run the nevs again as soon as fresh stock is out along with afghan Haze

Hi herb,

I keep the males in another room (under CFL) , its in the room right next to the flowering room so relatively close , I don't think you should worry much about accidental pollination if you move the male in a separate room , I mean the worst thing that can happen is to have a seed here and there , almost zero loss in yield plus some nice seeds..so all is good I think. Like a friend of mine says when people ask this Q ''..well its not poison gas!' ' Its plain logic I think,ie just make sure the flowering growroom's intake vent doesn't comes from the room the male's room is venting out and you'll be fine.I generally toss the males, but this one was a lone survivor boy along with the second female plant so I thought to try to preserve the genetics . ..even if the selection number is small I hope theres something good to be found hopefully.Time will show

Here are is a pic from the female Neville's Haze.
I topped it twice so in a few days we should have 4 nice sized new tops and keep the plant bushy.Its in veg at the moment and will be used as a motherplant to take cuts to flower in a couple of months if all goes well :

NH_fem6march2.jpg

Last edited:
More from the female again:

As I said earlier I topped the main top a week ago and after a few days topped the new shoots/2 side branches so the vertical growth should slow down for the moment, while the lower growth will catch up
NH_fem6march.jpg

The new leaves closer to the top seem quite sativa
NH_fem6march5.jpg

NH_fem6march4.jpg

NH_fem6march3.jpg

Last edited:
And a low angle shot. I think this female plant has nice structure so far . I hope the multi-topping will help a bit to keep it short , good thing is the clones will be less stretchy compared to the seedplant , so I 'll scrog/Lst a few under a light flower after they root and see how they turn out .:

NH_fem6march6.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Haz3

Your plants look amazing, your skills as a grower certainly make me look like an ametuer!

I topped my girls once at the 4th node and they still hit just short of 4ft. The clones stopped dead at about 3ft though.

Tried a bit more this week, they have been in the jar about 4 to 5 weeks now. I've got to say they are getting better all the time:D The onset is very quick and the effects are very racy/edgey with good periphery visual effects, music and sound are enhanced, the effects last for about 2 hours upon which another phat one will take you right back there. Not for everyone, but I love it. Thanks Shanti.

You have a real treat coming your way soon, enjoy!!

WVM

Hi Haz3

Your plants look amazing, your skills as a grower certainly make me look like an ametuer!

I topped my girls once at the 4th node and they still hit just short of 4ft. The clones stopped dead at about 3ft though.

Tried a bit more this week, they have been in the jar about 4 to 5 weeks now. I've got to say they are getting better all the time:D The onset is very quick and the effects are very racy/edgey with good periphery visual effects, music and sound are enhanced, the effects last for about 2 hours upon which another phat one will take you right back there. Not for everyone, but I love it. Thanks Shanti.

You have a real treat coming your way soon, enjoy!!

WVM

Thank you for the nice description of the high ;) Cant wait to try the female i have. Hope its a nice pheno with a good high , i dont care if its a practical for indoors pheno, the quality of the smoke is the reason this line is almost legendary..not its yields and flowers' bag appeal. The good thing is she doesn't really seem like a 18 week finisher never-ending haze , it is more of a 12-14 weeker at least from what i see , and exhibited NL traits from early on.. so i think that it will be quite fast plant. The male NH is lot hazier in the looks almost pure haze no indica at all at least structure wise. I am going to grow clones taken from the female and hopefully these should be quite mature , after flippin to 10/14 should ready within 12-15weeks. Still long wait but hopefully it may be worth the wait.

NEVILLES_HAZE_FEMALE18MARCH.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all ,

The plant is getting bigger every day , its in a small pot, 1L to be exact to keep her small and bushy, the double topping seems to be very effective it stopped the vertical growth and low/side branches did catch up. In a few days I am going to take clones and a friend is going to take the motherplant to flower it and keep backup clones for next run.I will also give another friend a cut and some pollen from the NH male and a cut from the female too and prepare the new growroom for summer growing.
nevz.jpg

Last edited:
Back