Mr Nice Nevilles Haze

Hmmm shanti must have both a haze A male and a Haze A female, as I remember him saying that they have both haze males and females . The reason I am saying that is because :

1) Super Silver haze is ( nl5 x hazeA ) x ( nl5 x hazeC) . So there must be a haze A male .

BUT

shanti says:

"So I went on with several of these lines one is G13skunk(female) combined with the widow male(same widow used for the BW, MM ,La N and SS)."

So La Nina is haze A female x widow male .... So if it is direct cross , there must be a hazeA female as well ... I also remember shanti smelling my la nina hazy pheno and told me it smells exactly like the female parent , smelled mexican ... if I remember correctly .

edit:Actually , my brother just told me that he did ask shanti at the hemp expo if the mns site is correct and he replied that there is no HazeA in nevilles haze , if my brother remembers correctly.... Sorry we were very stoned !

Last edited:
Hmmm shanti must have both a haze A male and a Haze A female. The reason I am saying that is because :

1) Super Silver haze is ( nl5 x hazeA ) x ( nl5 x hazeC) . So there must be a haze A male .

BUT

shanti says:

"So I went on with several of these lines one is G13skunk(female) combined with the widow male(same widow used for the BW, MM ,La N and SS)."

So La Nina is haze A female x widow male .... So unless it is direct cross , there must be a hazeA female as well ... I also remember shanti smelling my la nina and told me it smells like the female parent and told me it smelled mexican ... if I remember correctly .

Actually , my brother just told me that he asked shanti him at the hemp expo if the mns site is correct and he replied that there is no HazeA in nevilles haze , if my brother remembers correctly....

Sorry we were very stoned !
MNS SSH is NL5Haze x SkunkHaze a C/A linebreed
as is Mango Haze too...
http://www.mrnice.nl/dhtml/strains.php?id=35 {MNS SSH}
No La Nina is a Haze Female X Widow Male...not HazeA,,,

it strikes my strange that Shantibaba would leave a mistake in his strains selection guide...also since I asked him a few weeks ago about just this subject ,he made it very clear as to what is what.
but please feel free to ask him here as this is his home of sorts.

peace

he told me that the site isn't managed by him ... so it is possible there is wrong info ... and I also found to be some other mistakes as well in the website...

La nina is HazeA female x Widow male ,.. I am sure because we had a long chat with shanti at the hemp expo ... and he said, many times about the extreme smell resemblance of one of my haze dominant phenos with the mexican haze parent....
-

There is certainly a mistake because at the mns site it says :

Nevilles haze : Nl5/HazeA x HazeC

Nevilles haze x mango haze : 12.5% Skunk, 25% NL5, 12.5% Haze A male, 50% Haze C male

..This is contradicting info .... so one of them must be true ... and as I always have remembered that nevilles haze is nl5xhazecxhazec this is the only way nevilles haze x mango haze to have 50% haze C male .

and btw I have never heard that the genetic makeup has changed over the years.... I have never heard that Nevilles (nevilles haze) is Nl5/HazeA x HazeC and MSN (nevilleshaze) is Nl5/HazeC x HazeA like you say....

I hope shanti can clear this :)

Last edited:
Ok guys...

Look at that :

Nevilles haze x Mango Haze

Heritage: Neville's Haze x Mango
Family of breed: 12.5% Skunk, 25% NL5, 12.5% Haze A male, 50% Haze C male

50% haze C male ;) If you do the math , nevilles haze has to be (nl5xhazeC) x hazeC ... or else this is wrong....

So nevilles haze is indeed (nl5xhazeC) x hazeC ... if the above info is correct.

now im just guessing here,as we all are really, but I do not think a professional breeder will release a seed that can be duplicated . that in itself will protect the Hybrid being sold as in MNS Nevilles Haze,Mango Haze
and Nevilles Haze x Mango...different plants mate used to produce different Hybrids by a master breeder ...and like a master chef,I doubt he will be telling the recipe.

but I too am just voiceing my opinion and may well be wrong.

peace

I am sorry but I dont understand what you want to say here....
Shanti has always said that NevsHz is nl5xhaze backcrossed to haze ... this is the 'recipe'...

"I do not think a professional breeder will release a seed that can be duplicated"

In my mind , a professional breeder doesnt care if his seeds will be duplicated ... What he cares is to provide the public with his best work ... No strain can be replicated/duplicated if you dont hold the original parents ... unless its a true IBL... and even then you might get to see different genes expressed... Its common sense that no strain can be duplicated 100% without the parent stock....

I dont think shantibaba has anything to hide... as we will never be able to replicate those hybrids without the parents... And if wanted to hide the parentage ... he would just name it black widow and thats it ... he wouldnt give further info that it is a brazilian and a south indian .... Look at sensi seeds ... their jack herer .. the pedigree is kept secret...

Anyway I don't really understand what you are trying to say with your last post ... Could you please elaborate ?

Last edited:
Hi all,sparked up a bit of disscuson on this one,sorry Scorpion you have had to explain yourself in this way,

I only asked because i read a post by the theherbalizor,saying he had gotten the last original Nev's Haze beans,and he also said he had a pack of MNS ones,

which in the strainguide does say breeder Shantibaba,

that's why i was askin,thankyou Scorpion for the reply,as for the rest of the post's ,i think pm could have been used,the only one who can clear this up,and might of ,when he had had a chance to read the post is Shanti,

I know Scorp was just passing on the info he feels to be true,Shanti could ,or would have corrected it ,if it see's it need's to be addressed,
just my 2pennies,
peace all

Hi All

just to clear the air from confusion and before you all go making a legend from myth here is how it was done and is done still....

Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969

Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines.

but plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within.

SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC

the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference

Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants

considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds

I do not have secrets about breeding but given the same seed batches we could all still create something different...it boils down to selection.

La Nina is the widow father breed to a pure Haze female...neither A or C by the way so I hope that clears up all your doubts once and for all.

There is no one other than Simon at serious seeds who follows breeding plants like we do.Most Dutch seed companies use females plants obtained from seed batches that were passed on to them or sent to them, making their origins a little doubtful at certain stages. The whole seed industry based alot of things on Neville's origins in fact , but none except Sensi Seed had the parent plants to replicate things time and time again. Whether plants dies or were lost to disease over the years...well most companies would probably not tell anyone, but think about it.How many back ups of parent plants would you need in how many countries to be sure never to loose an important line? As enforcement on growers gets more and more restricting rooms get found etc....and the law of averages catches up on you. My last problem with the Swiss authorities I lost all plants in my library...some 42 mum's and dad's...luckily we keep backup of all the most important plants in 5 different countries and have done for years...if we had not had done this then we too would have lost alot of heirlooms. I do keep original batches of seed from years ago also in several places just in case I have to go all the way back to the drawing board to do selection again...but that is as bad as it gets for us.

As you can see it is alot of work in alot of places to just keep things alive...not to mention the expenses and time factor involved.

Lastly just to clarify things to do with this site...well I do all the moderating alone plus the pms and all questions and answers....so if there is something wrong on this site it is me who made it. I have a webman to do the technical aspects but all content and daily admin of the site is up to me. Howard will be helping in a limited way one day but he is a busier person than anyone else I know. Nev is not one for public life or cyberspace...and due to family committments is happy to do some work on plants but nothing else.So I am afraid you are all dealing with Shantibaba...whether you like it or not.

All the best now off to Bologna for a 3 day fair....take care

Thanks for the great info Shanti!! Much appreciated... (and refreshing!)

Hmmm, another reason to go for those Mango Haze beans.... some direct Haze A genetics in the SkHzA dad!

Everyone have a good FriedDay tomorrow!

Thanks shanti for clearing that all up. I am just left with one question.

If HazeA is no more, I assume the NLxHazeA parent of the NH is still in existence, so the strain can still be produced, correct?

Thanks, and keep up the good work

Alaska

Shanti is always vary clear that once a variety is established, it is always made from the same two parent plants.

From pm discussion with shanti, I am 100% sure the NLHazeA parent used in any NH released by MNS is made with the original parents.

My question was NOT whether it is the same, but if it is still retained in the MNS library.

Be safe and enjoy life

Alaska

different cook,different result,SAME Plant!

Nevilles_Haz_mns.JPG

finishing out this plant,along with 4 more younger clones of her harvest around 6 more weeks or so,enjoyable smoke...super aroma,not much flavor ,kinda bland grass.

still have several seeds from this strain ,so i will do a few more a little later on.

peace
Aha! Mi Amigos... as the saying goes...we just sampled another clone from this female that was grown out by another...the results are remarkable...so much so that we will keep a cut for future grows...and Mi amigo will get the honor of blooming her.
We opened the sample ,and it smells of Columbian Red ,just off the boat.
The aroma of the sample and the fresh burnt smell is Cinnamon Spice with a touch of vanilla...
the effect is Powerful and Trippy...lasts all day on a good phatty.
Harvest at 13 weeks from clone...13/11 photoperiod

I would have to give this smoke a hard 9 on my 10 scale...and that folks is amazeing in my book...

peace all

Hi All

just to clear the air from confusion and before you all go making a legend from myth here is how it was done and is done still....

Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969

Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines.

but plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within.

SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC

the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference

Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants

considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds

I do not have secrets about breeding but given the same seed batches we could all still create something different...it boils down to selection.

La Nina is the widow father breed to a pure Haze female...neither A or C by the way so I hope that clears up all your doubts once and for all.

There is no one other than Simon at serious seeds who follows breeding plants like we do.Most Dutch seed companies use females plants obtained from seed batches that were passed on to them or sent to them, making their origins a little doubtful at certain stages. The whole seed industry based alot of things on Neville's origins in fact , but none except Sensi Seed had the parent plants to replicate things time and time again. Whether plants dies or were lost to disease over the years...well most companies would probably not tell anyone, but think about it.How many back ups of parent plants would you need in how many countries to be sure never to loose an important line? As enforcement on growers gets more and more restricting rooms get found etc....and the law of averages catches up on you. My last problem with the Swiss authorities I lost all plants in my library...some 42 mum's and dad's...luckily we keep backup of all the most important plants in 5 different countries and have done for years...if we had not had done this then we too would have lost alot of heirlooms. I do keep original batches of seed from years ago also in several places just in case I have to go all the way back to the drawing board to do selection again...but that is as bad as it gets for us.

As you can see it is alot of work in alot of places to just keep things alive...not to mention the expenses and time factor involved.

Lastly just to clarify things to do with this site...well I do all the moderating alone plus the pms and all questions and answers....so if there is something wrong on this site it is me who made it. I have a webman to do the technical aspects but all content and daily admin of the site is up to me. Howard will be helping in a limited way one day but he is a busier person than anyone else I know. Nev is not one for public life or cyberspace...and due to family committments is happy to do some work on plants but nothing else.So I am afraid you are all dealing with Shantibaba...whether you like it or not.

All the best now off to Bologna for a 3 day fair....take care

It made my day to read this. Shanti is 1 of a kind.
On anotha note..
I smoked Mango Haze w/my mother when she came to visit. Shes in her 60s' now and the first words out of her mouth were, "Reminds me of the finest gold strains of the early 70s'". I thought that was so cool. Im not a kiddo but alot of ya'll are my seniors and it was neat to hear that.
Then I see a story like this and it gives me a kool-aid grin.
All the best,
RO

Hello all,
just a little continued update of this sweet thang... excellent anytime smoke,esp wake n bake as Im doing it now and must say ,she goes well with coffee or tea.
I dunno for sure but maybe ill get her dialed in someday.
Haze_cousins.JPG

Nevils_haze_side.JPG

Nevils_Haze_Top.JPG

just a very excellent smoke ,only available from YOUR garden...
get some when you can.

peace

Hey Scorpion

Thanx for posting these pics, you did fine job.May I ask how tall the girls finished ?Are those the seedplants or clones?

I was cruising through your gallery and I only found 2 pics from dried NH buds.Do you happen to have any more you could dig up and post?

Thanx for the show keep up the good work.

l33t

Last edited:
Hey Scorpion

Thanx for posting these pics, you did fine job.May I ask how tall the girls finished ?Are those the seedplants or clones?

I was cruising through your gallery and I only found 2 pics from dried NH buds.Do you happen to have any more you could dig up and post?

Thanx for the show keep up the good work.

l33t
Hi l33t,
Thank you
well if you stood her up straight,she would be about 6 ft tall, these are clones .
I gave the seed plant to a friend who will give me clones when i want them,he really likes it and is way more patient than me.
I can take more pictures later on. after i cut this one,prolly next month sometime.

peace

Hi Scorp,

Looks a heafty girl,nice sized cola(s) for sure,I'd be more than happy with half the result mate!you've done a great job with her,

Sounds a great wake n bake,one for the future list:)

peace out man.

Back