Motivation Time

K

Kangativa

Hi All......Well as it is getting time for some of you to start your outside work and get ready for your season to get underway I thought I would put up some pics of my season towards the end and during flowering.....you know just to get you guys out there and growing those nice big Sativas that we all luv to grow.
So I wish you all a great new season and may they be the biggest and best ever......Cheers:D

Attachments

• night (3).jpg
    night (3).jpg
    924 KB · Views: 266
  • 100_2912.jpg
    100_2912.jpg
    983.4 KB · Views: 279
  • 100_2933.jpg
    100_2933.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 206
  • 100_2931.jpg
    100_2931.jpg
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 197
  • tall grass 001.jpg
    tall grass 001.jpg
    826.6 KB · Views: 293
  • head time 008.jpg
    head time 008.jpg
    922.7 KB · Views: 194
  • creek 005.jpg
    creek 005.jpg
    964.2 KB · Views: 119
  • creek 004.jpg
    creek 004.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 117
  • creek 003.jpg
    creek 003.jpg
    765.6 KB · Views: 163
Hi all..... back again with more pics........This girl is a Sumatran X Thai and next to her is the NLxH x Oaxacan.

Attachments

• IMG_6968.jpg
    IMG_6968.jpg
    368.4 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_6969.jpg
    IMG_6969.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 321
its certainly motivation seeing trees like them thanks for sheering them kangativa :)

Last edited:
Hi guys......Yeah she's a big girl , still got another 1-2ft to go during flowering. I usually do this strain from seed and she grows like a normal christmas tree but this time it is from clone and as I found all the clones are big and bushy;)
Cant wait to see you outdoor grow......what strains are you growing ??

Some more pics

Attachments

• IMG_6974.JPG
    IMG_6974.JPG
    407 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_6972 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_6972 - Copy.JPG
    430.6 KB · Views: 209
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited:
hi Kangativa mate they are with out question the best out door sativa plants i have seen posted to date and i have been on line since 2002 and your plants look amazing credit to you and your growing skills mate.

Your working with some legend sativa genetics to i wanted to ask you about the Samaritan sativa mate does the flowers go purple by chance the reson im asking is i rember years ago the talk of Samaritan and i had heard that it was purple but didn't know to much about it as you know most dont even bother with strain names here and mostly use the aussie mj rating system Good/Ok/shit lol.

Great job mate.

Hi m8.....Hey thanks heaps for the compliments, I just luv growing the plant so I put as much work into it as I can. I have also been doing it for a long time so I know what big Sativas need, plus these are all my own strains that I have collected and I have only used NLxH, WW, Jack Herer, Black Domina and Ed Ros super bud for crosses, so I know the plants well.
As for the Sumatran, which I think is what you mean:) I think is a pure Indonesian strain, I dont know for sure, as I never saw the plant only smoked it and it had a few seeds in it. When I grew it, it never had purple in it, but had a larger leaf than the Thai and never had the hermie prob that I first had with my 2 Thai strains. North Sumatra is close to the Nicobar and Andaman Islands which are Indian so its possible this strain came from there centuries ago. Maybe Shanti might have some idea.
It was super strong and a killer lasting stone, it wasnt couchlock but a very heady trippy high, something I really try to breed is that long lasting trippy high, so it was a keeper.
Yeah I know what you mean about names.......I have a couple I use but most of the time its known as ....shit thats strong:D

Loving the pictures Kanga, keep 'em coming.

No worries JessE.......Still have a couple of months to go before the finish, so it will be my pleasure:)
Here is some pics of the Oaxacan.

Attachments

• oaxacan, space shuttle, mendo girl 003.jpg
    oaxacan, space shuttle, mendo girl 003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 211
  • oaxacan, space shuttle, mendo girl 005.jpg
    oaxacan, space shuttle, mendo girl 005.jpg
    678.3 KB · Views: 80
  • oaxacan, space shuttle, mendo girl 007.jpg
    oaxacan, space shuttle, mendo girl 007.jpg
    629.5 KB · Views: 80
hi Kangativa,

great thread and excellent looking plants! Always nice to see big happy sativas in the open, your climate seems perfect for them . Could you share some details from your grows , like hole size/soil preperation/ferts etc?

Congrats again , you certainly have green thumbs! Thanks for posting , your plants are a real pleasure to watch

Thanks Haz......Yeah it is a pretty good climate here for big Sat's, just ask Shanti:)
With my outdoor prep its pretty basic really, I soak my seeds as usual until they crack and then I put them into large cups that are filled with pure river or creek sand which I have soaked in a organic seaweed solution ( Seasol ), I find that coz it has no N or P I dont have to worry about burning them. I also find that by using a large cup the root will grow well without any trouble and I get 70-80% females, I guess coz of no stress.
My holes are big, no less than 2mt across, bigger is better and if the plants are my home ones or close by I use composted Chicken, Horse, Cow and grass, I also add Blood and Bone, Lime, soft rock phosphate and wood ash. All my holes are prepared over winter and mulched. mulching keeps them warm and the plants get off to a quick start. Once the plants are in the ground for about 6-8 weeks i start Foilar feeding them every 2 weeks with a mix of seaweed and fish fert, I have a backpack sprayer which I can take anywhere. Later on when the plants are getting close to flowering I also add a liquid Phosphate and spray as well. All my ferts are organic and certified.
If it is a guerrilla grow, I dont use the compost but organic pellets and all of the above that I mentioned.......thats about it.....ohhh and lots of luv:D
I have been collecting seeds for a long time, but only really got into the crossing and breeding when I started growing the Mullumbimby Madness strain.
Here is some pics of the cups I use with some clones I have just brought outside.

Attachments

• 100_2924.JPG
    100_2924.JPG
    787.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 100_2922.jpg
    100_2922.jpg
    944.3 KB · Views: 98
Hi m8.....Hey thanks heaps for the compliments, I just luv growing the plant so I put as much work into it as I can. I have also been doing it for a long time so I know what big Sativas need, plus these are all my own strains that I have collected and I have only used NLxH, WW, Jack Herer, Black Domina and Ed Ros super bud for crosses, so I know the plants well.
As for the Sumatran, which I think is what you mean:) I think is a pure Indonesian strain, I dont know for sure, as I never saw the plant only smoked it and it had a few seeds in it. When I grew it, it never had purple in it, but had a larger leaf than the Thai and never had the hermie prob that I first had with my 2 Thai strains. North Sumatra is close to the Nicobar and Andaman Islands which are Indian so its possible this strain came from there centuries ago. Maybe Shanti might have some idea.
It was super strong and a killer lasting stone, it wasnt couchlock but a very heady trippy high, something I really try to breed is that long lasting trippy high, so it was a keeper.
Yeah I know what you mean about names.......I have a couple I use but most of the time its known as ....shit thats strong:D

hiya mate i never saw the Sumatran my self just went by what i was told i just rember a few older growers talking highly of it.

Yes think most of us in the good old days collected things from a lot of the imported lots were i got a lot of my seeds and lines in the old days sure we net worked with friends shared and the rest to.

You know the only time i ever saw thias hermie or the old school sats were at sexing and once i culled the hermies and selected only the true fems or males they stayed as a fem or male the first time i ever saw a female show male flowers in mid to late flower was from uropen lines i rember the good thias we had growing here a lot of the growers went for the faster larger flower less leaf lines and lots were lost then the imported lots started to go down hill in quolity tawards the mid to late 80s and then stoped being imported in i think that is wat caused lots of the old sativas in many places to vanish look at jamaica were once there forrests were full of sativas its now full of sk and other fast lines sad realy.

I think few of the younger growers dont relies how sativas can also have a element of stone to some of there highs and the long lasting affect is what i feel most of the modern lines lost along the way think few breeders work have that in there lines now days most are like fast food quicke high and soon after your hungry agine lol.

I miss out doors i started on pure old school sativas self educated my self how to grow and let the plants tech me you could basicly jump on a sativa brake it squash it into the ground and it would still grow lol.

I did a lot of tie downs in my out door days miss them days.

Think maybe why i grow my indoor plants as i do i still keep some of my old habbits alive lol.

Heres a few pics of an old thia line that was imported in 79 think its only been inbreed 6 gen grown indoors hydroponicly.

Indoors just dont do them justice.

Attachments

• Cnv0382.jpg
    Cnv0382.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 1,342
  • Cnv0274.jpg
    Cnv0274.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 81
  • Cnv0431.jpg
    Cnv0431.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,123
hiya mate i never saw the Sumatran my self just went by what i was told i just rember a few older growers talking highly of it.

Yes think most of us in the good old days collected things from a lot of the imported lots were i got a lot of my seeds and lines in the old days sure we net worked with friends shared and the rest to.

You know the only time i ever saw thias hermie or the old school sats were at sexing and once i culled the hermies and selected only the true fems or males they stayed as a fem or male the first time i ever saw a female show male flowers in mid to late flower was from uropen lines i rember the good thias we had growing here a lot of the growers went for the faster larger flower less leaf lines and lots were lost then the imported lots started to go down hill in quolity tawards the mid to late 80s and then stoped being imported in i think that is wat caused lots of the old sativas in many places to vanish look at jamaica were once there forrests were full of sativas its now full of sk and other fast lines sad realy.

I think few of the younger growers dont relies how sativas can also have a element of stone to some of there highs and the long lasting affect is what i feel most of the modern lines lost along the way think few breeders work have that in there lines now days most are like fast food quicke high and soon after your hungry agine lol.

I miss out doors i started on pure old school sativas self educated my self how to grow and let the plants tech me you could basicly jump on a sativa brake it squash it into the ground and it would still grow lol.

I did a lot of tie downs in my out door days miss them days.

Think maybe why i grow my indoor plants as i do i still keep some of my old habbits alive lol.

Heres a few pics of an old thia line that was imported in 79 think its only been inbreed 6 gen grown indoors hydroponicly.

Indoors just dont do them justice.

Hi M8.......Jeez poor thing, seems a damn shame to do that to a plant :D
I just did a couple of grows before my Thai's settled in, maybe coz I was at a lower lat than I am now. Yeah you are right it seems as if crosses these days kick youre arse for a hour or so and then thats it.......Well not all but most.
lol......fast food heaven these days. I keep a few early flowering strains, but it is not practical in this climate as it is usualy raining at that time.....I want to try C Mass, but I might have trouble with it.
Shame you cant grow outdoors anymore, must be hard after growing nice big sat's......not only seeing those girls in flower but just being in the bush.
I have been going to do a post on hermies, coz I have been doing a bit of female seed over the last few years using CS and I have found that using 30ppl strength I make Euro crosses produce bananas within 7-10 days, but my strains take nearly a month.....Interesting isnt it :D
Here is a pic of my Northern Cal skunk......she is one of my early flowering strain.

Attachments

• IMG_6938.jpg
    IMG_6938.jpg
    431.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Thanks Haz......Yeah it is a pretty good climate here for big Sat's, just ask Shanti:)
With my outdoor prep its pretty basic really, I soak my seeds as usual until they crack and then I put them into large cups that are filled with pure river or creek sand which I have soaked in a organic seaweed solution ( Seasol ), I find that coz it has no N or P I dont have to worry about burning them. I also find that by using a large cup the root will grow well without any trouble and I get 70-80% females, I guess coz of no stress.
My holes are big, no less than 2mt across, bigger is better and if the plants are my home ones or close by I use composted Chicken, Horse, Cow and grass, I also add Blood and Bone, Lime, soft rock phosphate and wood ash. All my holes are prepared over winter and mulched. mulching keeps them warm and the plants get off to a quick start. Once the plants are in the ground for about 6-8 weeks i start Foilar feeding them every 2 weeks with a mix of seaweed and fish fert, I have a backpack sprayer which I can take anywhere. Later on when the plants are getting close to flowering I also add a liquid Phosphate and spray as well. All my ferts are organic and certified.
If it is a guerrilla grow, I dont use the compost but organic pellets and all of the above that I mentioned.......thats about it.....ohhh and lots of luv:D
I have been collecting seeds for a long time, but only really got into the crossing and breeding when I started growing the Mullumbimby Madness strain.
Here is some pics of the cups I use with some clones I have just brought outside.

Thanks for sharing the details, sounds like you have a lot of experience and really know what you are doing. Nice plants man!

^^^Winches jaw back into appropriate position^^^

:eek:

Motivation doesn't do those monsters justice. Holy fukk, Bro!!! :eek: If I could grow just ONE plant like that in my guerrilla life, I would die a happy pothead. I had a plant that had a stem like my wrist last summer, and I thought I was cool. That thing is as big as my friggin calf, lol.

Yo, KEEP em coming!!! :D

^^^Winches jaw back into appropriate position^^^

:eek:

Motivation doesn't do those monsters justice. Holy fukk, Bro!!! :eek: If I could grow just ONE plant like that in my guerrilla life, I would die a happy pothead. I had a plant that had a stem like my wrist last summer, and I thought I was cool. That thing is as big as my friggin calf, lol.

Yo, KEEP em coming!!! :D

Lmao.......Yeah I like breeding them big, its taken a lot of years to get them to where I like them and they suit the climate without to much mold problems.
Here is a pic of my Mullumbimby Madness, I have had this strain for over 20yrs now. Plus some NothernCal skunk and a nice Northcal I crossed with Jack Herer 10yrs ago and is now a ibl........ohhhhh yeah and another trunk:D

Attachments

• 25-3-10 creek 004.jpg
    25-3-10 creek 004.jpg
    706.5 KB · Views: 114
  • 25-3-10 creek 027.jpg
    25-3-10 creek 027.jpg
    906.5 KB · Views: 112
  • 25-3-10 creek 010.jpg
    25-3-10 creek 010.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 46
  • 25-3-10 creek 015.jpg
    25-3-10 creek 015.jpg
    629.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 25-3-10 creek 016.jpg
    25-3-10 creek 016.jpg
    979.2 KB · Views: 117
Hi M8.......Jeez poor thing, seems a damn shame to do that to a plant :D
I just did a couple of grows before my Thai's settled in, maybe coz I was at a lower lat than I am now. Yeah you are right it seems as if crosses these days kick youre arse for a hour or so and then thats it.......Well not all but most.
lol......fast food heaven these days. I keep a few early flowering strains, but it is not practical in this climate as it is usualy raining at that time.....I want to try C Mass, but I might have trouble with it.
Shame you cant grow outdoors anymore, must be hard after growing nice big sat's......not only seeing those girls in flower but just being in the bush.
I have been going to do a post on hermies, coz I have been doing a bit of female seed over the last few years using CS and I have found that using 30ppl strength I make Euro crosses produce bananas within 7-10 days, but my strains take nearly a month.....Interesting isnt it :D
Here is a pic of my Northern Cal skunk......she is one of my early flowering strain.

hiya mate you know whats funny i grew sativas most of my grow life and after seeing some of the huge fat flowers on the commercial lines coming in from Europe i started to look at trying them well to be honest all i tried did not rock my boat sure some were okay they gave a nice social affect found early pearl a nice day time social affect but one line after the next i would try i would think nope don't like it even the skunk i didn't like its affect it would not last long inuf or it would have to much stone to it the only skunk i liked was the lite green skunk think its what they call sweet skunk which was coming out of sa cussin new the growrs.

I threw complete grows into the trash more than once yea im what they call a pot snob lol ,I finally started to do a little research on line and a friend got me a widow clone which i grew out to my complete amazement i found it week and in short had no real potency i thort how could a cannabis cup winner be so shit and started to research and found CW and shantis forum were i finally orded the real widow and a few other lines long story short shantis work not only suprised me it restored my faith.

The strains i have grown from shanti and nevilles work amaze me i will admit i do tend to select more to the sat side of the lines but fact is hybrids need selection once you put effert into a line with a little luck you find special things.

I dont think CM would do well mate mold will be the big prob there one line you should maybe look at is afghan x haze good afi like flowers on a sat frame and i have run it in summer here were it was warm and very humid and had no probs at all.

I do miss not growing out doors but still grow sativas infact basically have never stopped growing them still grow them inside the only diffrence is out doors sativas tend to mature or better sed flowers tend to fill out from the top down were sativas grown indoors tend to mature from the bottom up due to the artificial liteing i don't mind weighting 9 months for a indoor sat like they say were there's a will there's a way mate lol i can grow any thing indoors that most do out doors.

You know mate for the time i have been posting on line i have tryed to tell people about sativas and hermies most in the community honestly believe thias and most sativas are hermie prone and what i have read even from people who i wont bring up that are sed to be leaders in the canna community do not add up to what iv seen since 79 maybe you should post your info its always healthy and positive to spreed good info in this community as its in serouse need of some well few breeders know there skill shanti is in my book one of the few.

The sk look good to mate.

Hempy.......I cant wait to try Shanti's strains, I just hope he has some left:D
Later on when life isnt so hectic I will do a few threads on different subjects that I have discovered over the years.

Well its that time of the year now when the smells are in the air and plants are looking their best......I always like going out at night with a torch and checking the girls out, so I thought I would put some night shots here.

Attachments

• night heads 007.jpg
    night heads 007.jpg
    922.3 KB · Views: 68
  • night heads 013.jpg
    night heads 013.jpg
    904.8 KB · Views: 31
  • night heads 015.jpg
    night heads 015.jpg
    932 KB · Views: 35
  • night heads 030.jpg
    night heads 030.jpg
    735.9 KB · Views: 37
Hi all......thought I would put up a few bud shots that I did :)

Attachments

• Mendo strains 065 - Copy.JPG
    Mendo strains 065 - Copy.JPG
    514.7 KB · Views: 32
  • Mendo strains 003.jpg
    Mendo strains 003.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Mendo strains 005.jpg
    Mendo strains 005.jpg
    990.8 KB · Views: 53
  • Mendo strains 012.jpg
    Mendo strains 012.jpg