Motivation Time

Hey kanga... Those things go way too fast... I hate bicycles let alone those monstrosities...

Thanks for the info on the MHz... Will be interesting to see how her crosses compare to the ssh... Do you automatically believe the mullum males to make the strain better or are there times when the originals seem to win out?? I just re read through the entire thread to remember somethings I wanted to ask about... While doing so it seemed the progression of your crosses follows a pretty standard pattern...

For example... The mullum x ww(from 95 I believe not the bw)... Found a nice ww and hit it the mullum to give it the "roids" aka Aussie monster vigor... Do one last cross from the widow side and then continue selecting using the mullum.... The originals fade away and it's the crosses that move on usually carried by the mullum.... In this case the mullum won out but I think you said you were disappointed in the direction the mullum x Mendo g x mullum was going.... Damn I'm confusing myself... Thought I had something there... Basically it seems your females only stay around long enough to add a slight touch of something you like but is dominated by the mullum or Oaxacan or various other males.... Not saying this is a bad thing at all... Truly the opposite with the importance of the male being the dominator in certain traits...

I don't even know if that was a question... Let's try again...

Any more progress with the lemon skunk crosses?? The mazaar to lemon sounds very tasty... Throw in the Oaxacan and then cross to a mullum mango... I think my brain just twitched a little bit... That lemon male throws such a good taste... Tastes a bit more lime to me but yummmmm....

Thanks again and hopefully some of that made sense... Sometimes the hash wins in the long run... Speaking of hash... Do you ever make any?? Or does everything non pickle barrel worthy go right into the compost??

Fascinating model for success your running... Can't even describe how valuable this kind of information is... So many crosses so little time... How do you keep it all straight??

Have a good one sir... Appreciate your time and effort as always...

OG

Hi Ya OG,

You are pretty much spot on. I usually find something I like in the female department of other strains and add my males or as I did with the WW use a male again because I didnt get the bud structure I liked.
I then continue to use the males I choose from that line to pretty much IBL it. But the thing is I usualy go for the biggest and strongest male ( Tested) and I also look at flower structure.
Because I work outside I can grow my males to full term which I believe gives me a big advantage when choosing for size.
I always do a open pollination using all the males and females to make sure certain traits are retained, which can otherwise be lost when only doing 1-1 matings.
Last year I worked with the SSH and kept a mum from what I thought was the best of the lot, but then I found the MHz which I believe is better, but that is only in my estimation, so I dont have that SSH mum anymore, just seed from the crosses I did as it is to hard to keep to many mums going all the time so I just concentrate on the best.

Some plants dont go the way you think they would as with the MMMG x MM, for some reason the bud structure was to light.....possible it brought out the haze in the MG.

The Lemon Mazari is going very well and I have one very nice mum now that I will use, will put up some pics later.
Another one that is new that I am very impressed with is a SSH x MMWW x Herijuana, havent smoked it yet, but the resin and plant structure is excellent.

Every winter I look at new strains and old crosses to see if I can find something that is better than what I have already found.....this is one of my favourite times as I get to see what other top breeders have to offer and it is awesome to see what they have spent their life working on.

Working with the MNS strains has been a pleasure as I consider what is on offer up there with the best and the plants that I have grown have proven that.

Hope that helps a bit:D

Good growing OG,

Cheers

Kanga

Hey kanga,

Always a pleasure to see how well you master your trade, i just started doing some indoor grows again myself - and always jump through your threads for good tips and tricks - and also for the eye candy :D,

Hope to taste some of your work someday - it nearly compels me to move out of WA and head east.

Peace and happy growing.

Hey Afro....Good to see you and thanks for the rep, much appreciated.

One day if you wander over here we can sit down and smoke some different stuff:D

Good luck with the Indoor grow my friend.

Stay safe and happy growing,

Kanga

Hi Kanga and everybody.
Read the hole thread. Fantastic read. Garden you have even more. Your MM is bigger than most trees where I live :D

I planted 7 or 8 plants last spring. Everything was going well untill rats started to eat my plants. Mango Haze looked far better than other stuff I there. These are pictures from mid June, plants more than 2 meters tall. Hole summer to veg..

IMG_25571.JPG

IMG_25621.JPG

IMG_25561.JPG

Rats destroyed all the plants by eating or tiring the bark apart except those two MHz which witheld the damage but they stoped growing. I had no other choice than to pull them out. Rats did lots of damage to people I know where I live. More than usually. We think it was the drought this summer and rats were desperate to find the food/water. This is how plants looked on the day I put them out (end of July)..

IMGP7232.JPG

IMGP7235.JPG

IMGP7243.JPG

Have you ever came across this rats problem? I will find a way to fuk the rats and your thread really keeps me motivated to do so.

I wish you all the best!

kanga, can you tell me more about your trance oaxacan and how it may differ from the oaxacan 8.5?

LMAO...It will be Stoner Island when we all arrive there tomorrow :D

So the answer is I will be watching every day, wouldnt miss saying bye to Casey:D

Lol! Good on you.

I was looking for a hazey cloud at turn 3 on tv- couldn't see anything but then again it's pretty windy I understand.

Casey did you proud :D, be a while before we see talent like that again.

Westy did well too.

Bet you had a great weekend.

A very nice Mango Haze x Early Mullum, with a MHz x Oax behind.

All the MHz crosses are looking awesome.

Emm.JPG

Some more MHz crosses.....Left to right MHz x MM, MHz x Oax, MHz x Emm and the Mango Haze mother.

Mango_Haze_crosses.JPG

Kool, awesome looking plants as ever.

You can s4end some of that sunshine northwards if you like :p.

All the best for the new year Kanga.

Thanks Kanga. It's always great to see what you're working on. It's a good idea having the mum next to her kids - so easy to compare them side by side and see how she came through. Have you used her before?

I like the sound of each one of those crosses. Did you use the same EMM dad used with NH21?

LIKE!

Happy new year, Kanga!

Thanks mate...Hope all went well for u and the New Year has started well....although a bit hot I bet.

Cheers,

Kanga

Very nice patch of Mangos Kanga. Mmmmmm...MHz x Oax.

Happy New Year!

Lol.....yep it is a good mango season here this year due to the dry weather we have been having.....lets hope it keeps it up so we can see these girls really do their thing.

Hapy New Year to you to,

Cheers,

Kanga.

Kool, awesome looking plants as ever.

You can s4end some of that sunshine northwards if you like :p.

All the best for the new year Kanga.

Thanks mate....I would love to send you some sunshine from here, dont know if you would enjoy the heat....been a few records broken this year :)

All the best to you to for the New Year,

Cheers ,

Kanga.

Thanks Kanga. It's always great to see what you're working on. It's a good idea having the mum next to her kids - so easy to compare them side by side and see how she came through. Have you used her before?

I like the sound of each one of those crosses. Did you use the same EMM dad used with NH21?

Hi Mark,

Wish I could put all the kids next to her, but I wouldnt have any room:)

I have grown her 3 times now, but this is the first time I have done the crosses.

No it isnt, I used 3 males, but not that one.....Ill put up pics later of the different pheno's, this one was the latest to flower over winter and didnt really show much only a few pistils.
That is also the same with the other 2 crosses....I like the later flowering crosses.

Hey mate hope u had/having a great New Year.

Cheers,

Kanga

Here is a 2 week update on the MHz crosses.

The_Garden.JPG

Also here is a 4 metre high Hmong Thai.....I would guess it will finish around the end of June. So she is going to be a beauty:)

Hmong_Thai_-_Copy.JPG

Hi Kanga,

I just stumbled onto this AMAZING thread ! Its been a great read so far, although i have not read the entire thread :p . MOTIVATION TIME is right ! :D Seeing these huge plants out in mother nature is a great thing to behold. They look great Keep up the excellent work. I will be following to see how your new crosses turn out.

Cheers

MW

Hey Kanga,

Its always good to see you back posting... Have you seen that old man ;) wandering around anywhere lately? its been 6 or 8 months since I have been on here and last I heard he was not going to post anymore. I wanted to know how the "grail" search was going for everyone. I am loving those crosses you are running!! Are there any plans with MNS to release any of those to the community?

Cheers MW and thank you.

Here is a pic of 2 Mango Haze crosses, first is MHz x MM and then MHz x Oax.

Coming along very well:D

The_Garden1.JPG

Back