mosaic virus

fishwhick92

Recently purchased some seeds through the auction site; the seeds where as follows; 12 skunk x haze, 12 g13 widow, 2.5 grams of the cure.

currently experiencing discolouration on the leaves that resemble tobacco mosaic virus or another similarly related virus, it starts after the cotyledons the small dashings of lighter green can be found on the leaves and the odd leaf begins to hook to the side which i have heard is the classic symptom of a hemp/cannabis related virus so far it has appeared on all 3 varieties of seed purchased.

grow room information ;
temp - 25

rh - 55 percent consistantly, was paranoid about mildew so kept on the lower side

4 inch rvk intake with hepa filter

8 inch outake hyperfan rated for abot 1200cm3

2 600 watt grow lights, dimmable ballasts, full spectrum bulbs

dyson air purifier rated to 0.1 micron
vax air purifier rated to 0.5 micron with ioniser

G.A.S enviro controller

G.A.S humidifier (using the appropiate ro water)

can someone explain how to upload pictures on this wesite so i can show them on here, would be great to get some clarification and oppinions on this problem, have experienced varigation on a few of the leaves aswell.

Recently purchased some seeds through the auction site; the seeds where as follows; 12 skunk x haze, 12 g13 widow, 2.5 grams of the cure.

currently experiencing discolouration on the leaves that resemble tobacco mosaic virus or another similarly related virus, it starts after the cotyledons the small dashings of lighter green can be found on the leaves and the odd leaf begins to hook to the side which i have heard is the classic symptom of a hemp/cannabis related virus so far it has appeared on all 3 varieties of seed purchased.

grow room information ;
temp - 25

rh - 55 percent consistantly, was paranoid about mildew so kept on the lower side

4 inch rvk intake with hepa filter

8 inch outake hyperfan rated for abot 1200cm3

2 600 watt grow lights, dimmable ballasts, full spectrum bulbs

dyson air purifier rated to 0.1 micron

G.A.S enviro controller

G.A.S humidifier (using the appropiate ro water)

can someone explain how to upload pictures on this wesite so i can show them on here, would be great to get some clarification and oppinions on this problem, have experienced varigation on a few of the leaves aswell.

Have you checked out a nutrient deficiency/toxicity chart? First thing i usually check when theres an issue is PH. What soil are you using, is it recycled or something you haven't used before?

half my garden is coco peat mix a brand called tropic mix which is designed to be used like soil, the other half is bio bizz all mix, i feed my plants at 6.5ph using the biobizz ph up and down which an organic ph up and down range of products, also i have a bluelab ph pen and a eti ph pal pen both stored correctly with storage solution kcl, i always ph my water as it is quite hard here around the 8 to 8.4 ph range, also regularly calibrated using the appropiate solutions, havent checked runoff yet accept for one pot of the coco peat stuff which came in around 5.00 ph, going to try and upload pictures over the next couple of days when i figure it out and when the site allows again as it says at the top of the forum to wait a few days before adding attatchments.

The medium is fresh from the shop, ime gunna look up how to post some pictures, it has all the signs of a virus such as chartreuse markings and twisted leaves.

Did just attempt to post pictures from phone it said file size to big, any advice how to get the pictures uploaded would be greatly appreciated shoulf be able to show discolourations and medium used

I think after messing about for an hour or so ive figured out how to add some pictures to my gallery, so they should be viewable , there not the best pictures but they show some of the mottling lighter green splotches ime reffering to, should i flower them regardless when there the correct age or should i start again and sterilise the room again, can buy more and start again if thats the best course of action, just looking for advice, if need anymore pics better quality etc etc can upload some more

are you sure of your temperature ?

the light are not too proach of the plant ?

when the leave do that is the sign of a stress

you use too many devices at the same time :

"dyson air purifier rated to 0.1 micron

G.A.S enviro controller

G.A.S humidifier (using the appropiate ro water)"

i think try without ioniser

Last edited:
cheers for the reply quinxstar, yeh pretty sure the temperature is consistent as its all run from a controller, lights are about 20 inches away but they are quite powerful for how old the plants are as they have just come from being seedlings and i never had seedling lights just powerful hps lights with full spectrum bulbs, i ran them both high as it is cold were i am so worked out cheaper to keep lights on to maintain warm temperatures in room rather than use a heater, however i have got access to heating if that is better/preffered, will turn ioniser off as was using to keep any unwanted pathogens at bay such as powdery mildew, glad pictures uploaded where useful as i was getting worried about something more sinister specially when i compared them to pictures in book i was reading.

i dont think cannabis can have powdery mildew (odium)

pathogens are due to poor growing condition or over or under fertilization

try to take a picture with a white light or natural light not hps too much yellow for see well

Back