S

Scorpion

Walkabout
Skunk Phenotype
Walkabout_skunk_type_.JPG

Mexican Phenotype
Walkabout_Mexican_Phenotype_.JPG

Looking Good

Hello Scorpion nice plants, do you have an idea what genetics are my phenos from MNS - Walkabout mix. Thank you

pheno 1
p1020645.jpg

Pheno 2
p1020652o.jpg

Pheno 3
p1020653h.jpg

Pheno 4
p1020670o.jpg

pheno 5
p1020680b.jpg

pheno 5
p1020681.jpg

OMG...

ufofarmer...you got space on one of those for me to build a treehouse in?

Those plants are BIG!:eek: Nice job with the walkabouts outside!

Best regards,

R'azos

ufofarmer...you got space on one of those for me to build a treehouse in?

Those plants are BIG!:eek: Nice job with the walkabouts outside!

Best regards,

R'azos

Thank you. They are biggest plants in my garden and they look like a tree or big massive bush. I'll post more picture of them in my grow thread.

Hello Scorpian

Is this your first grow with this strain ? If not could you tell me a little about the mexican?

Last edited:
Hello Scorpion nice plants, do you have an idea what genetics are my phenos from MNS - Walkabout mix.
Thank you
Not me,
this is my first attempt with walkabout and I am just going by the leaf appearance with my plants,
I will know more once the whiskey is in the jar...
I will say,if you are an outdoor grower,by all means get several packs of these and search for some fine moms.

scorpion

Skunk Hybrid Type
skunk_type.JPG

Mexican Sativa Early
mexican_type.JPG

sweet interesting anxious...

That mexican type has really got my mouth watering,she is so sweet smelling,and really covered in resin.
Question to any of the OLDER growers who have smoked and bred with a Mexican female...
I have 1 Nordle male,1 Nevils Haze male,and 1 Ortega Male...
I also have clone copies of all 4 .
Which one would you make ,givin the opportunity?
the seeds are for growing not resale.

thanks
scorpion

I would use the nh male. I have grown many mexies, & I have only crossed them to other sativa bag seed.(all that was avaliable at the time)I have never grown n.h.
The reason that I recomend n.h is because. The mexi that I can get in mi. nm. az. & calli suck bad now, compared to what I grew up smoking.I have cracked some bag seed , & it didnt look like anything i've grown.Theres more of an indica look now . I suspect indica is what ruined modern mexi.
Dont get me wrong I had some strong mexi about 5 years ago brought over from juarez , despite how strong it was it didnt have that feel that I was so fond of.

just my two cents.

I would use the nh male. I have grown many mexies, & I have only crossed them to other sativa bag seed.(all that was avaliable at the time)I have never grown n.h.
The reason that I recomend n.h is because. The mexi that I can get in mi. nm. az. & calli suck bad now, compared to what I grew up smoking.I have cracked some bag seed , & it didnt look like anything i've grown.Theres more of an indica look now . I suspect indica is what ruined modern mexi.
Dont get me wrong I had some strong mexi about 5 years ago brought over from juarez , despite how strong it was it didnt have that feel that I was so fond of.

just my two cents.
hey 1cat
ty for the reply.
I agree on the crap being crossed now,
IMO it really ain't worth the time to cross that shit.
but this Mexican is so far removed from what they grow south it aint funny,
this plant looks like the sweet red hair we got in the early 80's all the way up to early 90's...since then its all downhill now.
Why would you select a longer flower ,Nevs Haze?
not judgeing just curious.

s

I dont mind longflowering plants i've grown 120+ day sats ,im only conserened about the high , here in calli I can get quick flowering indica types all day long, I miss good old fashioned sativa.Im on a quest to re-live that experiance ,hopefully its not lost to the world.
Im here because n.h sounds like it might be what im looking for.
The smashed brick was the best I have ever had.Better than anything i've smoked in years ,& I spent a large inheretance driveing up & down calli smoking everything I could buy at the clubs.
Dont mean to ramble.

I dont mind longflowering plants i've grown 120+ day sats ,im only conserened about the high , here in calli I can get quick flowering indica types all day long, I miss good old fashioned sativa.Im on a quest to re-live that experiance ,hopefully its not lost to the world.
Im here because n.h sounds like it might be what im looking for.
The smashed brick was the best I have ever had.Better than anything i've smoked in years ,& I spent a large inheretance driveing up & down calli smoking everything I could buy at the clubs.
Dont mean to ramble.
hey1cat,
Feel free to
Ramble On (one of my many favorite songs)

I just remembered,I had a small Nevs Haze in the shed,drying,so of course I went and pinched it.
damn fine herb,this one is full flavor and juicy.
Bell Ringer type high.
I think we shall do as you suggested,and make the Mexican x Nevil's Haze I may have to do it indoors with another clone,I think the mexican will finish before the male Nevs will throw pollen (hes outside too,just starting to look like flower time.
plus the seed needs a minimum of 30 days to be ripe enough for my liking.
so indoors the nevs will need about 4 weeks 12/12 before the female can be put with him. roughly
the mexican will go 8weeks at least finish time oct1 estimate.
ok Im kinda high now so Ill stop and finish this thought process later.

contiue

orignally postd in the talk to shanti section but figured i could get insight here, i'm considring some walkabout seeds and Was just wondering if the community could lend some insight. the MNS site describes them as "a mixture of Thai, skunk, Mexican, New Guinea and Haze". So what is clear is that walkabout is a variety of strains thrown together in one pack, what is not clear to me is the make up of the strains...Are these just other MNS offerings mixed up together (as in some NH some afghan haze some this some that etc.) or are they a unique bunch (perhaps offerings from some of the parents of the MNS strains etc.)in other words is the 'thai' and 'mexican' etc 'pure' lines, dare i say landraces, or is MNS simply alluding to the potential to get certain thai, mexican, phenos amongst the plants, which are just a mixed bag of MNS strains and so naturally contain a variety of different pheno's. in other words are there 5 thai seeds 5 new guinea seeds 5 mexi seeds etc. in every pack of walkabout or is it just a bunch of different already available lines that express a variety of phenos. And what of the haze, is it a different haze hybrid then the normal offerings or just an ambiguous selection from them? As always, any and all info is appreciated

Greetings Scorpian,

Your plants look beautiful, well done. I have a question about the different phenos you mentioned. You said 1 was skunk type and 1 was mexican type. How do you differ?

Best Regards

sativaXindica

Greetings Scorpian,

Your plants look beautiful, well done. I have a question about the different phenos you mentioned. You said 1 was skunk type and 1 was mexican type. How do you differ?

Best Regards

sativaXindica
hi sativaxindica,
I just look at the leaf and base it on that.This is the first seed of Walkabout ever tried,so it is a new experience.

peace
scorpion

Im pretty sure i remember hearing that they are not from strains sold by shanti,they are an outdoor mix from different genetics,but very high quality

Back