MNS Ortega

Hi Scorpion,

Your Ortega's look amazing!

Couple questions for you if you don't mind...

What lattitude are you at?

What did you mean by "If you grow outdoors and know how to finish a plant" ?

Cheers

ON
This season a few new growers got nervous because of late rains and early cold front,well all but one person harvested early,going against my advice of just leave them alone until I say it is time.
They all were not happy with the results,
immature flowers...
the one person who waited,harvested when I did,
well we are well pleased with the results because we waited.
"If you grow outdoors and know how to finish a plant"
hope this makes sense now.

s

Cool, thanks for answering.

Just wondered what you ment, maybe learn something new.

I hear ya though, chopping early is a sin!

Cheers
ON

HERMIES

yeah but its seems the line can herm too even if you did not experienced it...

Bat

ya no i see a lot of guys bitching about this but we have never had a hermie problem with mns and now i see scorpions results and he looks good so i have to ask myself who are these growers having the hermie problem. I was just reading about ortega hermieing yesterday the guys saying he will never buy mns again. So what type of experince growing do you guys have that are getting these hermie plants. I dont think its the seeds maybe enviorment or some other reason

you know, its always a combination of genetic and environement. im not sayin its an hermaphroditic line, i have not even grow it. i sincerely think the line have a great potential but its clear its a sensitive line too, so a little warning in the strain decription will be cool i think as we are not all professionnal growers nor we always have a perfect environement.thats all i think.
Scorpion, sorry for the off track talk in your thread, your plants looks great man !
sincerely

Bat

I think this line was born in a part of the world where it didn't get certain luxuries most gardeners presume it needs to grow. I think this line IS sensitive, sensitive in the sense it DOESN'T need much to thrive. If you look at the part of the world where this plant is from, and rain/dry cycle and how little nutrients are in the soil, you might change the way you grow her.

I think the problem comes in when she's put indoors, overfed, or just plain fed incorrectly. Also, I would just assume it would probably like a sandier/drier soil mix. I don't have any personal experience with her, but my pack should be here any day now and I'll be able to chime in with more of a personal insight.

This is one of those lines not too far from her wild roots, and people are having a hard time taming a wild beast indoors ;) That's just my 2 cents on it.

Awesome plants Scorpion, I'm even more excited about trying Ortega myself.

Harvest pics please scorpion, and dried bud pics too :)
Sorry Cptn, it all left in a blurr,
since the others were anxious,
they left a void which cannot be filled..
all gone.
:D

I hear the poet's soul speaking in that reply Scorp, nice :)
Sounds like the last few weeks of the season were quite hectic (as usual.)

I hope your extended grow team learned a valuable lesson in their early harvest.

Sometimes, doing nothing is the best thing and the hardest thing to do when growing herb.

Will you be giving us a proper smoke report after it's dried/cured?
Those pics are dead sexy :D

I hear the poet's soul speaking in that reply Scorp, nice :)
Sounds like the last few weeks of the season were quite hectic (as usual.)

I hope your extended grow team learned a valuable lesson in their early harvest.

Sometimes, doing nothing is the best thing and the hardest thing to do when growing herb.

Will you be giving us a proper smoke report after it's dried/cured?
Those pics are dead sexy :D
This season was tough,
the weather averaged 93 degrees...with 100+ over 30 days straight,
rainfall...less than 3 inches...6 months
hot dry winds for 45 days straight,
I kia'd more seedlings than I would care to admit.
my clones took much longer than normal,and no matter how much water I put on the garden,they just would not grow,survival was all they could manage,finally late august the weather relaxed and things were better.
this season 1 lb per plant was all I could do,
I need to rethink a few things for the future.

Smoke report,
Very good Indica,exceptional flavor,good vigor,excellent aroma
Mild Euphoria followed by relaxing happy face,munchies weed,strong penetrating smoke, mildly narcotic,Medicinal Qualities...
so far everyone has enjoyd the samples
I cannot find anything I do not like about this plant,try it.

scorpion

scorpion

Beans are in the queue.
Current grow:
MNS Master Kush Skunk

Next (in order, 2 strains at a time):
  1. ASH / Angel Heart
  2. G13 Skunk / Atomic Blueberry x NL
  3. SSH / Mango Haze
  4. Ortega / Atomic NL
  5. Chems Sister x Nevs Haze / Coastal Collision x Nevs Haze
  6. Original Haze x (oHaze x NL f2) / MNS NL5 Haze
  7. Black Widow / Critical Mass
  8. MNS G13 Haze / Atomic Haze

About 3 years worth of grows there. With my recent track record, more like 10 years :)

Last edited:
This season was tough,
the weather averaged 93 degrees...with 100+ over 30 days straight,
rainfall...less than 3 inches...6 months
hot dry winds for 45 days straight,
I kia'd more seedlings than I would care to admit.
my clones took much longer than normal,and no matter how much water I put on the garden,they just would not grow,survival was all they could manage,finally late august the weather relaxed and things were better.
this season 1 lb per plant was all I could do,
I need to rethink a few things for the future.

Smoke report,
Very good Indica,exceptional flavor,good vigor,excellent aroma
Mild Euphoria followed by relaxing happy face,munchies weed,strong penetrating smoke, mildly narcotic,Medicinal Qualities...
so far everyone has enjoyd the samples

scorpion

Cant wait to pop mine.

If you haven't tried raised beds start with that route. You'll never regret it, I promise. :D

Agreed :)
You start

I won't cheapen the effort by shoving it at the end of some hijacked thread!

We must start a new thread in the appropriate forum and announce it properly to the community. Perhaps with voting and prizes associated.

(Pretty good dodge, don't you think?)

Beautiful job Scorpion ;) What was the exact grow time from start to finish if you don't mind me asking ? I have a very old mother of Ortega that is superb.

seedlings were placed outside in late May in pots,
transplanted in June,
Harvested between 10th-20th Oct.
3 plants flowers filled a 35 gallon trash can after trimming session.
weight: unknown at this time,but it is alot.
most of the flowers are about a size 10 sneaker in length and width...
:rolleyes:

Sounds like a lovely harvest. :D

ya mon it was.
Ortega should be used as a male indica breeding line and most def should be put to OG Kush
match the male aroma to the female (camphor,pine,bourbon,bordeau)
Ortega should also be used as a female line (berries) and should be pollenated by
SkHzC,AfHzC,AfSk1
and as always

just my opinion

;)

Great call on the crosses.

What would be your opinion on the possible crosses of Ortega male to a CM female, and Nordle male to CM female....and quite possible the reverse as well- CM male to Ortega female and CM male to Nordle female? :)

All the best,

CM

Back