MKS

FishDog

What can I expect from this strain?? Threads here seem to tail off just when they get to the helpful stuff... was hoping for a little more info.. Out of 10 beans 100% germ I am growing in promix and using Fox farm nutes with cal-mag and pro tec I have 4 fems left 2 of which may be keepers one is really heavy with pre flowers and is the most vigarous the smell when I rub the stems (thick and very square) is of lemon, skunk and perhaps mint My questions are... are they the heavy feeders they seem to be?? N in particular Stretchy?? They really seem bomber Hope to grow them indoors and out I am crazy about all four but one has my eye and could be a love to last (for a while anyway) What should I be looking for?? Any hints as to the best ways to woo my lovlies would be great Many thanks

Just got my order placed for these beans so i cant offer any help at the minute, any one else have any info for the lad or are we the only ones attempting to grow this strain?????????????????????????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

What i can say is you are not gona be dissapointed at all. A friend of mine grew it, and i smoked it for 2-3 months, good shit.
Flowering time, potency and flavour war on par with SharkShock, but diferent style. Actualy if im honest i like the MKS most among, Shark, shit, Early haze.
Shanti said the pyramid/triangle shaped buds and the less yielders are the master kush leaning phenos and are more desirable.

I was told to look for long internodes if I wanted the mk pheno... ;)
I noticed they like dry soil and being bottom fed !

I ran a pack recently and all my females were good but not great . prob a 7 outta 10 . I live in Cali so there is so much killer weed here it is hard to bump my keepers . I was looking for that MK pheno but didnt not find her . I think mine were an even mix of both parents . not to much stretch maybe double if that . most of them had a nice pine type smell. I still have one left which is the smelliest of the bunch . gonna play with her 1 more time and see what happens . I still have some that am smoking on. It is not the strongest smoke , good daytime smoke. I did not feed them aggressively , so might be able to be pushed alittle. I have some pics in my gallery if u wanna check out . I did flower them under T5 so who knows how they would have done in a bigger set up. I do have MKS#4 that is finishing up at a buddies house . I will take picks of her and post . I think u will be happy with what u get . I would definitely run a pack again .

Thanks all! I did find some info over at IC but I am still a little confused about the phenos I have four fems two have short internodes and fat broad leaves one is more of that "limey"green the other is darker green one has long stretchy nodes and thinner leaves and the final one is more of a mix tending tward long nodes but not as stretchy with fatter leaves they are still in veg for a couple more weeks I will try and post some pics because it sounds as if I may have found the range of phenos and it will be fun to see how they all come out

I ran a pack recently and all my females were good but not great . prob a 7 outta 10 . I live in Cali so there is so much killer weed here it is hard to bump my keepers . I was looking for that MK pheno but didnt not find her . I think mine were an even mix of both parents . not to much stretch maybe double if that . most of them had a nice pine type smell. I still have one left which is the smelliest of the bunch . gonna play with her 1 more time and see what happens . I still have some that am smoking on. It is not the strongest smoke , good daytime smoke. I did not feed them aggressively , so might be able to be pushed alittle. I have some pics in my gallery if u wanna check out . I did flower them under T5 so who knows how they would have done in a bigger set up. I do have MKS#4 that is finishing up at a buddies house . I will take picks of her and post . I think u will be happy with what u get . I would definitely run a pack again .

Yo Yesca,
I'm in the middle of growing out some MKs, just doing it a few seeds at a time rather than all at one. I'm in the same spot with a nice rotation of phenos that are going to be hard to bump out of the limited spacetime available. I've run at least half the pack and so far had several "pretty good but not keeper" near miss plants and one that I am running, now on it's 3rd clone version ... nice flavor, india leaning plant, potential keeper if I can amp up the yield a little bit.
cheers

Keep the info coming.....im listening.Jumped the gun and gotta pack myself today...couldnt wait-but got too...the next few runs are already planed:D
How do they do outside.....summer is coming....

Keep the info coming.....im listening.Jumped the gun and gotta pack myself today...couldnt wait-but got too...the next few runs are already planed:D
How do they do outside.....summer is coming....

Good luck with it KG ... I never grow outside, so I have no idea. But I would say that the MKs is a super healthy, vigorous hybrid .... every plant I've popped so far has been a fast growing, robust plant, very easy to grow.

MKS phenos

Here is my garden as it stands as of about 2/13 four Mks with a Spice clone in the middle If I am able to post this pic I will post a photo of each pheno shortly

Attachments

• DSC_04900008.JPG
    DSC_04900008.JPG
    211.5 KB · Views: 85
Four phenos

Here are my four lovlies in order #s 5,2,4,and six last pic is #2and #4 they are the most promising Thanks for looking I will post some more detailed descriptions soon

Attachments

• DSC_04830001.JPG
    DSC_04830001.JPG
    261.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC_04840002.JPG
    DSC_04840002.JPG
    195.8 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC_04850003.JPG
    DSC_04850003.JPG
    193.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC_04860004.JPG
    DSC_04860004.JPG
    223.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_04870005.JPG
    DSC_04870005.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 62
After reviewing the info at IC I am still confused as to which way my girls lean
  1. #5 is open noded with large leaves few preflowers most resembles #2 but has the large leaves no smell to date
  2. #2 is very open noded and has the smallest leaves lots of preflowers only plant to split when pinched at 5th node lots of internodel growth and preflower good earthy, lemony scent with possibly some mint
  3. #4 total indica like growth bushy with close noding large leaves lots of side branching heavy preflower classic christmas tree look same smells as #2 perhaps "skunkier"
  4. #6 same as #4 but not as promising as 4 less preflower not as tall but same look large leaves same smells
please forgive my inability to break down the smells a bit better will know more after I flip them Thanks for looking

Last edited:
You can drive yourself nuts trying to predict which will flower which way.
Not worth the effort. Grow them out.
I can ID phenos from the flowers.

The taller plants are the better phenos.

There is variation even among the tall girls.
Some are very hashy, some are a bit more sativa skunky.

The round topped flowering shorties are beautiful but not even close on potency.

The best phenos are a 10 week strain IME.

BTW, after a year in the jar, my favorite pheno has gone from 6/7 in potency to a low 8. Great stuff (there is no "10" for me yet.)

Thanks for the input Capt. All four have been cloned and I intend to bud all. Hope to take this thread too a smoke report with some pics in between. Too bad the short ones don't make the cut.. they sure are a beautiful plant , but all are very healthy and strong, a real pleasure to grow. Plan to run some outside this summer and think at least one of them will come out a keeper. I have a green house so even if they run a little long I can bring them in. Worked well with my Spice. Took a while longer to finish.. but it was well worth it.

I looked at my old notes on the strain. I had gone into great detail trying to read the plants phenos in veg. Ultimately meaningless.

Since yours are topped, it becomes even more difficult to see the plants true taxonomy.

Thanks for your research on my behalf Cptn. Guess the bottom line here is not to let expectations get in the way of good selection. I am going to flip them in ten days to two weeks. Will post more pics as things progress.

Flip Day

Here they are on the first day of 12/12 in the same order as above 5,2,4,6 and some pics of a Spice clone(sorry, last pic is of #5 and should be paired w/first pic) Thanks for looking

Attachments

• DSC_05070007.JPG
    DSC_05070007.JPG
    176.7 KB · Views: 30
  • DSC_05010001.JPG
    DSC_05010001.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC_05020002.JPG
    DSC_05020002.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_05030003.JPG
    DSC_05030003.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC_05040004.JPG
    DSC_05040004.JPG
    158.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_05050005.JPG
    DSC_05050005.JPG
    202.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_05060006.JPG
    DSC_05060006.JPG
    225.5 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC_05090009.JPG
    DSC_05090009.JPG
    273 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC_05100010.JPG
    DSC_05100010.JPG
    252.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_05110011.JPG
    DSC_05110011.JPG
    255 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_05080008.JPG
    DSC_05080008.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 18
Thanks for your research on my behalf Cptn. Guess the bottom line here is not to let expectations get in the way of good selection. I am going to flip them in ten days to two weeks. Will post more pics as things progress.

Nice looking plants ... you're finding the same thing Cptn and I did, a very vigorous, healthy line. And yes, Cptn's advice is spot on, you just can't tell too much from the look of the pheno as far as potency and aroma go.

Once flowering has really set in, 4 to 5 weeks, I spend a lot of time just smelling the flowers and usually have a very good idea what's going to be special based on that. But the smoke test is the final and only proof ... I do find that early bud testing will reveal the keepers, even if they improve later after curing. But I've always figured it out before then.

best,
rabbit

Thanks Rabbit. The proof is always in the smoking. I like to grow a new plant at least 3 times before I discard it. I also agree with Shanti in that they all need to be grown outside for a while to reach their full genetic potential. My Spice loved being outdoors. It took on more sativa like traits and became a different plant than the first few I grew out under lights.

Day 22 of flowering

Sorry for the quality of the pics. I have been unable to white balence my photos under the HPS lighting. Reddish cast is from the lighting, all plants are GREEN. Will keep trying and post better pics when I can. Pics are 2,4,5&6 two of each. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• DSC_05190008.JPG
    DSC_05190008.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_05200009.JPG
    DSC_05200009.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC_05160005.JPG
    DSC_05160005.JPG
    206.7 KB · Views: 33
  • DSC_05140003.JPG
    DSC_05140003.JPG