Mission: Nevilles Haze

nuggpufr

Hi Folks,

Been lurking round here for some time soaking in great deals of knowledge. Think I have read every Nevs grow journal on this site. Finally decided to post my Nevs adventure as I plan to get to know this strain very intimately. I purchased 1 pack of NH in search of my P stock. Although I have many other strains going in various states of development, this nevs grow has been a dream in the making for well over 15 years.

My mission objectives are to find 1 hazey mother and 1 father who passes on haziness to his offspring. Mom should be easy to ID if she is there, I will have to resort to progeny testing on the guys to verify. If I can find this father and he test well, I plan on making him the stud for the majority of my projects I am planning. So this is going to be quite a ride, most likely years, but one that will hopefully be very fruitful.

nevs_package_front.jpg

nevs_package_back.jpg

Setup

My environment is of fair size but I have many strains and projects going at the moment.

Flower room:
sealed 12x12x10
2600W HPS (4x10 footprint)
AC/Dehum
C02

Veg room:
12x12x10
800W MH (2x4 footprint)
240W triband LED(2x2 footprint)
various other HO florescent lamps for seeds and cuts

Once the heat dies down in the fall I add another 600W HPS in my flower room.

I have used every nutrient brand under the sun but am moving towards more organic gardening every day now. My current cabinet has:

-Sunleaves international house of Guano dry
-roots organic full line(plus big swell and amino aid from the synthetics line)
-Fox Farm full line(including soluble bloom enhancers)

These nev's will be run under mostly organic conditions with bat guano and my version of super soil and will supplement with synthetics if I have any emergency situations requiring immediate nutrient uptake. I don't foresee this happening however.

I also brew bacterial and fungal compost teas as necessary. This works well with my "special" soil

So I started things off the day I received my beans (6/22/2011) by sowing 9 of them(8 germinated) the day they arrived. I only did half the pack for a few reasons. 1 I need room for my other projects. 2 in case something goes terribly wrong early on I can start again immediately.

The plan is to grow these 8 out and do my selection, then run the other 9 to see if I can find anything better. Will be making F2's mainly to test the males.

The 8 seeds that did germinate had all done so within about 4 days.
Here is the gang on day 14:

nevs_710_1.jpg

nevs_710_2.jpg

nevs_710_3.jpg

nevs_710_4.jpg

and some pics this morning right before lights out. In 10 days time a couple of them have almost doubled in size!
I put them on 12/12 on 7/19 when they were all roughly 7-9 inches tall. These first 4 weeks or so I move them back into the veg area during lights on so they get Metal Halide spectrum.

img_4713.jpg

img_4714.jpg

img_4715.jpg

img_4716.jpg

img_4717.jpg

img_4719.jpg

Last edited:
this should be fun...they dont look too sativa though maybe youll get some fast finishers

ps..those are some knarly serrations on the leaves

thanks for the encouragement guys.

as you indicate LH the leaves are not really that skinny so I am guessing none of these will be thai dominant. as longs as the high and taste is haze dom is all im after however.

2 of them have a pungent stench to them right now and most of them give off a lemon musky smell when you rub the stem. These same 2 plants(labeled NH2 and NH4) both showed non-glandular trichome development on the cotyledons and leaves of the first node. Hopefully a sign of good things to come!

flower day 11

stretch continues. tallest plant is about 23 inches tall. just starting to see the faintest signs of sex now. Potted up from two gallon nursery pots to 7 gal smartpots in custom soil mix.

img_4801.jpg

img_4802.jpg

Last edited:
making f2's isnt a bad idea, but it may be easier to cross the nh to something quicker. you should still be able to judge which males are the best that way, while taking less time. you will also get a better idea of how it will cross to your other strains.

Hey Nugg,
Jumping aboard for this ride if ya don't mind!
Does your LED setup only service the seedlings, and the MH the full on veg station?
EZ
- Ras

Back