MImedpatient's Log

log entry 3: no nordle have died from rough handling or disease, usually they damp off within a day if its gonna happen. took cuts off the Mac one mother. the neville skunk f3 by hazeman seedlings are doing good, and are 3 x taller than the stardawg ogee by Jaws planted the same week, same amount of nodes

log entry 4: nordles are all chugging along happily. I cut my finger while taking clones off the other mac mom. keep your pinky pulled in, it fucking SUCKS when you slice the meaty bit right above the nerve. this is the 5th time I have cut myself rooting clones in 11 years. going to be germinating a pack of Spice today. shot glass of water w/ 5ml of hydrogen peroxide(sterilization and helps break the seed open via the chemical reaction of h202 + organic compound) on a heat mat for 36-48 hours.

Log entry 5: 16/18 Spice germinated 9/16 were fully open seedlings. I popped the 2 that didn't germinate with my teeth, and planted them. stragglers after a 48 hour soak generally don't make it for me. But Shanti is a wizard, so I am hopeful. I broke a cotelydon while planting one of the babies. if The growth tip is undamaged, it will grow just fine. since I overly germinate seeds for planting, I often notice many other breeders stuff, both professional and amateur, ones I have made, , bodhi's included; will have the tip of the tap root looking all weak and damaged, like it is ready to have the tip break off. this is not the case with the nordle or the spice. fully developed healthy tips on the taproot before planting. If this trend keeps w/ next weeks pack I shall post about it.

log entry 6:sorry for the delay, trimming and some other life things happened, mentioned it while replying in another thread. 18/18 spice popped. the one that I broke the cotyledon off of is chugging along. the 2 that didn't germinate in shot glass popped above soil after 4 days underground. I am actually amazed as that is a rarity for me. I am a little behind on getting seeds germinated, I am doing a pack of NL5x Afghan tonight. I haven't mentioned them yet, but my 5 or 6 week old Goji Og f2 seeds I got via Dan Thunderbudz on instagram a few years ago and popped recently, 6 plants went from producing 2 nodes at a time to 3 nodes at a time. I love when plants do that. bilateral symmetry is for normies.

log entry 7: 100% germination rate on the NL5 x Afghan. all had good tails, a few were curled into a u shape instead of everyone being pointed down like on the spice and nordle. I am about to cull the runt nordle if it doesn't decide to grow. it is still barely putting out its 1st leaves. all other nordle plants are healthy and normal for their age. I lost one MAC 1 cutting, somehow, the corner cube didn't get enough water and dehydrated to death after I started leaving the vents open all day on day 8. I am not gentle with my plants. these things happen.

log entry 8, sorry for my absence, Family stuff, and busy with all the seedlings.

so, I had 16/18 critical skunks pop, all survived initial planting. 15/18 devil popped. 100% of the cure popped, I used a different soil mix as my store was out, and i am not paying 2x for it at the other store, and all the seedlings died from dehydration. I have 0% The Cure babies. I am sad. 14/ 20 of Hazeman's Killer Queen x Blowfish germinated. 2 packs of early skunk, and a pack of early queen germinated, 7 seeds needed to be cracked w/ my teeth. looks like 100% have popped soil. my friend I gave a pack of Master Kush Skunk to, had 80% germination rate.

The nordle and spice showed gender about 8-9 weeks after being planted. only 6 or 7 plants left to show. a few of the spice girls have wonderful bubblegum kush type smells on the stem rubs, and the nordle ladies all have wonderful "generic" good weed smells on stem rub. the NL5 x afghan's are starting to develop a "heavy" indica smelling stem rub smells. cannabis, almost chocolate almost coffee, earthy type smell. I did not cull the nordle runt. it caught up and is indistinguishable from it's peers.

The Goji f2 females arent giving any special smells on the stem rub.

the 4 jaws genetics Fruity pebbles ogee f1 females all have wonderful fruity stem rubs, and are all growing like stereotypical afghan og hybrids(think bodhi's 88 g13hp x (insert name here) og kush) lookin plants.

the switch from single ended hps and MH to the hlg 650r's seems to have been a great decision, my air conditioner now keeps the flower room at 70-73 degrees easily instead of struggling to keep it at 77, while pulling more water from the air; I assume because its not being overworked. the cooler temperatures are trapping in more terpenes. my MAC 1 plants smell more creamy and kushy when rubbed, and aren't just making the room smell like an orange peeling table at a track meet by existing. I am excited to get some MNS plants in there.

The HLG 650r covers a 7 foot by 9 foot 6 inch space in veg on a light mover. let that sink in. 635w to cover a 7x9'6 rectangle. In flower its a 5x6'5 rectangle. (double check my math). I think in metric that comes out to a 2.1 meter by 2.9 meter rectangle for veg, and a 1.7 by 2 meter rectangle in beg, this is game changing for the efficiency of home grows.

I'm in love w/ these new white w/ far red diodes LED's, If you are thinking of making the switch to leds or buying your 1st light, I recommend finding a local to you manufacturer that is making something with the spectrum similar to what HLG, growers choice, gavita, etc produce.

How’s your Nordle coming along?
Have a pack of seeds I’ve been sitting on.
bout knee high in 1 gallons telling me to go buy a bale of pro mix and I am telling them "STFU I want the last couple of you to show gender." on stem rub they all have generic good weed smell. which to me is technically wonderful. I hope its as simply elegant a smell in flower. you don't get alot of generic good weed smell anymore. everything has fruits and gas and creaminess or astringent qualities.

I grew up in the 70’s and it’s hard to find bud that has flavor like back in the day.
Ive got some neville's Skunk F3 from another breeder going as a bumper crop. no cuts taken, straight to flower. and some of the plants that are just starting to bud have wonderful 90s type weed smells! the breeder told me he didn't do much selection He liked the Line as Shanti released it, just chose what was hardy for his outdoor, and it has me excited for when I get around to popping my NS from Shanti!

I make no promises for anything being representative of stuff from the 70's but I've grown many a thing that people I have met in your age group or older have said "this is the best thing I have smoked since 198X!!!" And everything that ever got that compliment can trace its origins to Nevil's, Shanti's, Vic High's, or Breeder Steve's work. and I don't ever do anything more or less special than anyone else. so its the genetics speaking for themselves. In fact, it could be said I am quite unkind to my plants compared to many who baby or attempt benign neglect.

I have Shit and Ortega which may get run outdoors. I’ll take clones and hopefully that will give me Skunk and Northern Lights for my stable.
so, My only opinion on buying Shanti's and anybody's NL varieties(you're not a newbie you know this) don't expect "the best Northern lights I remember" you know how naming was back in the day, grower tells person a who tells persons b-c something slightly different, who tell the consumer its "northern lights" when it was actually northern lights haze, or northern lights skunk. or if it was skunky bud sometimes its just skunk

I think with a lot of genetics it’s just getting as close as possible. I’m really interested in Tissue Culture as a means of cleaning up some of the heirlooms.
I am excited to get some cleaned TC clones of the heritage varieties from Cali, Washington, Oregon, And Michigan. Imagine growing a disease free Monkey's paw, or a disease free OG from the early 90s. Imagine the entirety of CSI, Bodhi's, and a few other breeders Vintage plants available as TC clones that have been scrubbed. I would pay 1800's Orchid prices adjusted for inflation for those. I would trade a kidney for TC scrubbed clones of Shantibaba's selected keepers of his lines.
BUt I digress Log entry 9:
potting up nordles and spices next week, the spice is a week younger than the nordles, but same size plants. the NL5 afghan are almost ready to show gender.
planting up the Killer Queen x blowfish had them in seedling tray too long, gonna take a little while for them to recover. for being angry stunted plants, they sure do grow well. must be the HEAVY g13 lineage
I am planting critical skunks from red cups to 1 gallons today as well

Man you have a bunch going on, sounds awesome.
If you can be one thing, Be efficient

and Log entry 10: Shanti requested I start posting pictures, I apologize for the mess, but I did just slap things together 2 weeks ago, and I have been getting so many projects ready for spring.
These are a pair Hazeman's nevilles skunk f3 and a mac one caps cut that i over vegged a little. I snagged the pack when I got the pack of 88g13hp so I could get another half pack of the KQBF.
I chose to take pics of the 2 most sativa dominant of the bunch, as they remind me of old ass plant pics from the 90s sorry if it loads the sideways. its been a long time since I have been a weed photographerIMG_0656.jpgIMG_0657.jpg

I assume Hazeman got the seeds a few years back from a retail or auction purchase. He does really nice preservation work IMO, and I am so excited to pop the Neville's skunk f1's I got from the auction so I can find a wonderful 1st generation mother of this variety.

Back