MasterKush/Skunk - in the greenhouse

The Grey Man

Here are a few snaps of the MK/Skunk that I grew in the greenhouse this year.
I didn't choose the biggest yielder but went for the one with the least skunk in it for a truer Kush effect.

The smell is very sweet but also kinda nasty, like liver sausage, but in a really nice way! It smells real good.

The colour only came a day or two ago as I turned down the heater a little for some purples.

This plant didn't look as good indoors as it does in the greenhouse.

Attachments

• MKSkunkbudGH.jpg
    MKSkunkbudGH.jpg
    816.7 KB · Views: 56
  • MKSkunkbudsGH.jpg
    MKSkunkbudsGH.jpg
    854.9 KB · Views: 38
  • MKSkunkbudsGH2.jpg
    MKSkunkbudsGH2.jpg
    866.5 KB · Views: 35
  • MKSkunkPurplebud.jpg
    MKSkunkPurplebud.jpg
    794.3 KB · Views: 61
  • MKSkunkPurplebud2.jpg
    MKSkunkPurplebud2.jpg
    847.5 KB · Views: 27
  • MKSkunkShinybud.jpg
    MKSkunkShinybud.jpg
    852.4 KB · Views: 40
These are of a UK clone variety called "UK Pineapple"

Attachments

• UKPineappleGH.jpg
    UKPineappleGH.jpg
    868 KB · Views: 23
  • UKPineappleGH2.jpg
    UKPineappleGH2.jpg
    870.6 KB · Views: 27
  • UKPineappleGH3.jpg
    UKPineappleGH3.jpg
    847.7 KB · Views: 29
  • UKPineappleGH4.jpg
    UKPineappleGH4.jpg
    790.3 KB · Views: 22
  • UKPineappleGH5.jpg
    UKPineappleGH5.jpg
    840.7 KB · Views: 21
  • UKPineappleGH6.jpg
    UKPineappleGH6.jpg
    851.9 KB · Views: 23
Nice greenhouse

How do these compare with the Stones you grew smell-wise? (doesn't sound like you sampled any smoke-wise). It would be interesting to note for me the effect of the AC Haze x Skunk vs. the Skunk put with the Kush.

I grew 5 Stones as my last grow before moving house and it will be a while until I'm set again. These 5 females were out of 20 seeds and exhibited moderate pheno difference 'but something for everyone'. A nice Sativa and a camphor pheno among the plants. As an inveterate pollen chucker I used two Malawi males of a line I wanted to preserve to see the effect on this poly hybrid's offspring. The goal is an outcross to preserve smells and effects and add vigor and resistance to bug suseptiblity of the Malawi side.

Back to your grow: The Skunk usually adds yield and structure but becomes ubiquitous as it is in many crosses. A smoke report would be enlightening when you get the chance. Since you chose phenos that are Kush leaning it will be a study of this interaction between the Skunk and how the results please the palate. All the best.:)

thx for posting .... man, looks like a sweet greenhouse setup you've got working grey man, how I would l love to be able to do that.

Thanks BR, I love the greenhouse!

When I am harvesting in October I have it in my mind that all the other farmers in the Northern Hemisphere (outside of the tropics..) are harvesting at around the same time. I feel that we all have a connection. California through to Afghanistan, farmers are harvesting around now.. I am doing what some guy in some valley somewhere is doing and his family have been doing for hundreds and hundreds of years and some other guy in some jungle is doing somewhere else..

What a hippy I am.

How do these compare with the Stones you grew smell-wise? (doesn't sound like you sampled any smoke-wise). It would be interesting to note for me the effect of the AC Haze x Skunk vs. the Skunk put with the Kush.

I grew 5 Stones as my last grow before moving house and it will be a while until I'm set again. These 5 females were out of 20 seeds and exhibited moderate pheno difference 'but something for everyone'. A nice Sativa and a camphor pheno among the plants. As an inveterate pollen chucker I used two Malawi males of a line I wanted to preserve to see the effect on this poly hybrid's offspring. The goal is an outcross to preserve smells and effects and add vigor and resistance to bug suseptiblity of the Malawi side.

Back to your grow: The Skunk usually adds yield and structure but becomes ubiquitous as it is in many crosses. A smoke report would be enlightening when you get the chance. Since you chose phenos that are Kush leaning it will be a study of this interaction between the Skunk and how the results please the palate. All the best.:)

Hey Skunkha, I did smoke a fair amount of Stones. I found that there wasn't much variation between plants. Some had a floral hint and some where very Earthy/Masterkushy. This staight MasterKush/Skunk has a better aroma than any of the Stones did. It really is sweet but with so much else going on, too. Not really much skunk smell to it, though (thank God).

I did feed the Stones too much N, looking back, and this won't have helped the smell or flava at all. I think that I could do a lot better with another go but I would never grow it over my new SSH plant, so I'll probably never know.

The AC Haze definitely lifts the high of the MK/Sk and adds some interest but it doesn't really come through too much (not once the Kush side starts to kick in, after a cure) and the Haze flavour just isn't there. So The Stones really is a MasterKush/Skunk hybrid and not a haze plant, IMO. Some plants did lean towards the sativa side, though but I found that the MK/Sk was always there, too.

I think that The Stones would be a perfect male for outcrossing to extreme sativas, to add yield and, as you say, vigour. I think I mentioned this in my Stones thread somewhere. The flavours are nice but not overwhelming, as are the highs. Your Malawi will shine through in both taste and high, I would imagine. Nice cross. I will be interested to know how that one comes out.

I always found that the psychedelic sativas didn't cross too well with out-and-out heavy indicas. The highs can be aggressive and a little unkind (usually, not always) and you were better off finding a short-flowering sativa father instead but I think that the Stones, with it's 50% haze and kind highs won't suffer from that.

Add the indica growth patterns to all that and you could have a holy-grail Malawi cross there, my friend. I was wondering where the first sativa/Stones hybrid would appear. Didn't take long... There will be more.

I'll add a smoke rep when I can but this Mk/Sk will get the full cure, so patience is key.

Take Care
GS

NICE,I've a kush massive 20 inch fat leaves and fuckin stinks of skunk which is worrying as its stinking my street out even in veg with filters ,smelly weed is dangerous in a illeagal country ,the smell reminds me of weed I smoked in cali in 80s just good old weed smell ,old skool.peace.

Dont worry percy you are gona do just fine i no you will a carbon filter even homade will keep that smell don til the end

Thanks for confidance ,its the most smelly plant I've had since 90s although my ash plant was honking of the same smell i cant wait to smoke the famous kush being a limey kush is new to me.thanks highroller

Last edited:
hey guys, thanks for the interest.

the pineapple came out great. Really good quality herb. Very popular and nobody realised it was g/h, so a result.

The Masterkush wasn't as good, structurally but smells amazing. Really good perfume. It looks more outdoors-y but has a better high than it had when grown indoors. The yield was a little smaller than the pineapple (when taking size into account) but not too bad and an interesting smoke.

The sativa from the Walkabout turned out awesome. The smell of the dried herb is much better than the smell of the fresh growing plant. Citric, fruity, slightly mango, slightly floral. Amazing sativa high. It is the only one I kept all of for myself. I also got a good yield for a sativa from this girl..I really do think it is Mexican but it could be South Indian or PNG Gold...

Great stuff. Next year I will concentrate more on the UK Pineapple and a SSH but may well squeeze another walkabout sativa in there too.

I was VERY impressed with the Walkabout (especially for the UK..) and would wholeheartedly recommend it to anybody. The Masterkush/Skunk was great for a kush plant. Purple, sweet, garlicy, compact buds, VERY resinous but also bud/leaf structure like real kush (the leaves go to the middle of the bud - the emphasis is more on the resin than the flower structure. A great hash-plant.) Also proved acceptable to the market (although at a lower price than the UKP...) I'm glad I went for the most kush/least skunk as I have kept a fair amount back for myself for Christmas (Kush over Skunk every day.)

It wasn't the best summer but a bit of late season sunshine saw a reasonable crop become a good one. Yet again, the wolves were kept at bay for a few months by the small profit and some decent smoke will last until Christmas. Any UK doubters should eat their hats!

Grover

PS hats off to Shanti for the walkabout seeds. Great value, great product.(The purest sativa on Shanti's menu? Maybe...The best quality sativa on his menu? Could be.. I'm getting another pack before the price goes up!!)

Last edited:
Congrats for your harvest, enjoy your smoke !
Any harvest pics ?
Next year I'm gonna try Shark Shock as my main crop and see how SSH goes in my climate. I'm at 47*N but I had a wonderful weather this year and last year too; a sunny fall, pretty warm(10-15*C) and very few rains. Also, my first frost was only yesterday.
So maybe the SSH will do fine here...
Enjoy your harvest !
Peace, WB.

Back