Maple leaf Wilson?

SCARHOLE

Banned
Dear mr Ortega.

Were you the man once known as" maple leaf Wilson" from the sacred seeds collective?

Dogless explained "I have trouble remembering things befor I got my Med card"
Lol
So it's no comment.......

Seems pretty clear by now that dogless/jim ortega has no plans to offer any insight to this or any other genetics he provided genetics. My guess is because reality does not compare favourably to the fairy tales and speculation.

If you check the old seed bank listing pretty sure it states that the "late" maple leaf wilson which would indicate he was already dead in the eighties. Until dogless posts otherwise I am going under the assumption that MLW was an early version of a closet hack, hence the no details. A common theme if you read nevils posts on them is he felt they all shared common ancestry which also supports the closet hack theory.

My guess as to why he won't answer questions about all his past endeavors are due to legal reasons, an trolls who would call him a liar an demand proof of his answers.

I read that Ortega may be maple leaf Wilson @ a Portuguese forum an always wondered. Thanks for info on him being dead, prolly not the same guy.

scarhole - for sure dogless was the source to nevil of the maple leaf wilson genetics, this has been confirmed by nevil. They were landrace seeds sold as is for breeders and collectors. Nevil grew many of these out himself and renamed the selections as numbered "ortegas" (ie. Ortega 15) after the guy who sent them to him.. Jim ortega aka dogless.

Not sure why dogless is so quick to post publically that he was the source of so many of nevils varieties if he is concerned about legal ramifications from his past activities. I would think this could easily be interpreted by leo as being a co-conspirator in the seed bank case. Hear you on the trolls though!

Dogless has told me previously that he himself was not a breeder just a collector and the MLW collection was a landrace with no western selections done, so nothing to point towards Wilson being one either.

I have followed the ortega saga since back around 2000 and puffed ortega's since 95, the only noteworthy stories in all that time are the amount of killer indicas that were selected from jim ortega's collections and his use of nevils re-emergence to give him credibility to sell more of his collection (or just old seed bank genes) to todays "breeders" i.e. Greenthumbs "G13". Fairy tales sell seeds and foggy memories allow them to prosper.

So, I've read grow reports of sensi maple leaf indica being one of their strains that is still good. anyone ran any recent packs?

Haven't popped any recent packs of MLI but it was still very good a few years ago. From the pics I have seen of Mr Nice Ortega it looks like it is very very similar if not the same as MLI. The otega pic shanti had on the listing is wht I know as Ortega15 pheno (dead on for the clone that sensi had at the cup when the released MLI initially) and all the thin leaved phenos are what I consider AfgT phenos. None look one bit like nl5 or NL1 as shanti lists the heritage. Mr Nice ortega is ort15xafgT or an ibl from that cross imo and sensi MLI is either a mix of ortega15 x afgS and afgT or some years they used the afgT and others the afgS.

MLI

So, I've read grow reports of sensi maple leaf indica being one of their strains that is still good. anyone ran any recent packs?
Hi Angus, Here's MLI .. Also have ortega started about a month behind, first time with with both strains. started with three MLI two showed herms.

Attachments

• MLI Now.JPG
    MLI Now.JPG
    181.5 KB · Views: 28,980
  • MLI.jpg
    MLI.jpg
    403.7 KB · Views: 333
Bloom's first pic looks like a prime example of the "ortega15" pheno. Hopefully it finishes up true to form, this pheno is my grail.

Bloom's first pic looks like a prime example of the "ortega15" pheno. Hopefully it finishes up true to form, this pheno is my grail.

His first pic reminds me of the Ortega pheno of LUI (Legends Ultimate Indica), which was Ortega x Sweet Tooth #2. It does not, however, look like any of the Ortegas I grew from MNS.

M.

His first pic reminds me of the Ortega pheno of LUI (Legends Ultimate Indica), which was Ortega x Sweet Tooth #2. It does not, however, look like any of the Ortegas I grew from MNS.

M.

And the "ortega" in LUI was ortega15 x ortega#3 given to Ed R by Nevil. I only got two definitive ortega15 phenos out of 60 sensi mli beans, it is not particularly dominant but looks just like he first pic and exactly like the pic of the cola laying sideways that shanti posted beside the ortega description.

Hi all,
A few more pictures, hope I'm not intruding.
Mns Ortega is looking similar to MLI thank you shanti, I'm loving both.
These pictures are months to a few weeks old . Picture of the catnip resembles MLI...close anyway.

Attachments

• Young MLI.JPG
    Young MLI.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 130
  • ortega 2.JPG
    ortega 2.JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 53
  • MLI Untopped.JPG
    MLI Untopped.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 59
  • MLI A.JPG
    MLI A.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
a little bump to this thread to ask some informations about the lineage of Ortega offered curently by MNS please, if i understand well mr nice Ortega and sensiseeds Maple Leaf Indica is basicly the same thing but here on the strain description it says NL1 x NL5 but in this thread i read ort15 x afgT so im confused. Could someone in the known help please ? thank you :)

This is all I can really find about it... Grow it, buy it or not lol. I like the description of how narcotic Ortega is. Pantagruel rated it a mehh, so i never tried ortega.

HI all

well Ortega was based on work from Neville and was a selection of an afghan which was also known Northern Lights 1. It was then consumed under the Sensi seeds label when Neville sold it.Breeder Steve made a selection of his version and it was a good plant.

I am using the old seed from 1987 of Nev, not a big selection came up but was a quality strain and full of excellent stable phenotypes. It is not an F1 seed but an inbreed line and after the selection work parts of it are being used in other hybrids and research work.

It tends to flower bwteen 6-8 weeks at 12/12, and enjoys a strong feeding regime. Unlike the large colas of flower clusters it produces flowers up the stem of medium size but density is on its side.

More in the medicinal range of plants for those with muscular tension disorders and for those who need to stimulate appetite and sleep...as far as i am concerned. But we can add to it everybody who does a thread to get a better over view....hope that helps a little Sb

This is all I can really find about it.... I like the description of how narcotic Ortega is. Pantagruel rated it a mehh, so i never tried ortega.

HI all

well Ortega was based on work from Neville and was a selection of an afghan which was also known Northern Lights 1. It was then consumed under the Sensi seeds label when Neville sold it.Breeder Steve made a selection of his version and it was a good plant.

I am using the old seed from 1987 of Nev, not a big selection came up but was a quality strain and full of excellent stable phenotypes. It is not an F1 seed but an inbreed line and after the selection work parts of it are being used in other hybrids and research work.

It tends to flower bwteen 6-8 weeks at 12/12, and enjoys a strong feeding regime. Unlike the large colas of flower clusters it produces flowers up the stem of medium size but density is on its side.

More in the medicinal range of plants for those with muscular tension disorders and for those who need to stimulate appetite and sleep...as far as i am concerned. But we can add to it everybody who does a thread to get a better over view....hope that helps a little Sb

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/4-talk-s...ns-need-some-correction-imo-5.html#post173433

Last edited:
hello PrimalHaze :) thank you for your answer, i conclude Ortega and Northern Light are the same strain, i need to read posts from Nevil about how he acquired the NL. I read the grow report from Pantagruel you talked about but i dont think he truelly experienced the Ortega, only 2 females tested in poor condition it seems. the other growers i saw on the forum were very happy with the finished product, it seems to be a bit of a sensitive strain however because i read a report of intersexed trait but given the right grow condition and prune the lower part of plants who dont receive enough light and the strain will be intersex free i think. i really wish to try this strain for insomnia and pain killer, im curious to compare it to the medecine man and the nordle too.

Last edited:
Hello Gizmo, Ortega is what you want if your looking for pain killer relief .
I also crossed this strain with MLI with great results , I'm getting berry and garlic smells . Ortega will always be with me, love her.

bloom-albums-nordle-ortega-picture11645-ort-nl-6.jpg
bloom-albums-nordle-ortega-picture11723-mli-young.jpg

Ortega x MLI cut,Lower branch had some mold form due to damp weather
bloom-albums-nordle-ortega-picture12378-cimg9350.jpg

Last edited:
Back