MangoHz

L33t

Hi all

I have just started some MangoHaze plants and thought to start a thread here to show how they progress and ask some questions too if I need some help. They are seedlings at the moment but if all goes well I am sure I ll enjoy some great smoke in the next few months.Judging from the ssh I am sure these will be a really special smoke and I hope I get some nice special phenos.

Few details about the grow setup / growroom . It is a 2.4m x 1.2m XXL Budbox growtent and its 2 meters tall. So not as much as vertical space as I 'd like so I 'll have to top or train em a bit to make sure that stay short.As far as air circulation I use 2 RVK fans for intake/extraction and a Carbon Filter for odor control and a small fan to move the air around in the 'room'.
For lighting I will be using 2 x 600w hps lamps. I will most probably be using aircooled reflectors if the temps are high so I ll have to wait till I use the second light when I sex em and see how things go.

There are 28 MH seeds popped from the soil and growing from total 30 or so I started , so I am happy to see good germination rates with these . Growing medium is BioBizz All-Mix , Canna Coco and Perlite. So I end up with a mix that has 35% Perlite (including the perlite that the All-Mix has) , 30% Coco and 35% pure Soil.

Pots are 1L ones till I sex all plants.Then I 'll move em to their final ones , 11L pots . Ferts that will be used are organic : BioBizz Grow , BioBizz Bloom , BioBizzTopMax , BioBizz FishMix . I am flowering these from seed 11/13 and will gradually lower the hrs of light as they reach harvest time. So fingers crossed , hope all goes well cant wait to sample these.

L33t

Few pics from the seedlings..not much to show yet just small seedlings here they are to see an overview of the garden:

MangoHaze_Seedlings_8DaysFromSeed_003.jpg

MangoHaze_Seedlings_8DaysFromSeed_002.jpg

Looking good my friend!! Glad to see you growing again. I'll be watching to see how that MH turns out. I will be particularly interested to see how many different phenotypes you get.

SativaFan

Looking good my friend!! Glad to see you growing again. I'll be watching to see how that MH turns out. I will be particularly interested to see how many different phenotypes you get.

SativaFan

Hi SativaFan

Yes it feels nice to have some green ones around again. I like to grow as many seeds from each variety as I can at once, cause this allows not only for a better representation and judgment of the strain but also allows me to find something special and sample many different phenos. I like to grow them all side by side and prefer to go with less strains per grow and focus one or just a couple each time , I like it better this way cause I like the ability it gives me in checking how the phenos grow side by side and see their differences and do comparisons between the plants that have been grown under the same conditions and place.

Well I hope all goes well and cant wait to sex them so I can focus on the females.Perhaps I 'll keep a few clones from some males and females and give em to some friends for backup and future work/grows.

l33t

Last edited:
Hi L33t,

Great selection of beans mate,looking sweet already,gonna grab a seat if you dont mind and watch an excellent grow unfold.

Wish you the best and hope you find something real special,peace :)

peace all.

All the best with this one L33t;) , judging by the last grow of SSH this should be a good one, peace, Herb

v.nice L33t!! Am going to watch this thread with great interest!

Looking forward to learning more about this wonderful strain and seeing your great pictures. Will have questions for you on both fronts no doubt.

I will have to start a new thread for the 4 MH seedlings I have going. Clones are about rooted (2 each). One seedling has shown a few pistils already, going to sex them now...

Am still experimenting with many strains to find what ones I like, so only start a couple plants of each. Then in a couple years, when I have an idea of the strains I love most, will focus on them more exclusively with greater seedling numbers. Your approach is excellent!

grow kindly, ........MrE

Last edited:
Hi Herb and MrE :)

I wish you good luck with your SSH and rest plants mrE , looking forward to seeing them finished. Redeye24/7 , thanx for dropping by mate.I hope I 'll get something special from the MH thats why I planted all the MH seeds I had. Knowing shanti's work I can say I am very positive that I will be lucky enough to find some keepers in the batch.

By the way, I have a Question for all of you guys.

I have never taken clones from 50-60% sat hybrids when these are grown from seed straight under 12/12 and thus already in flowering , so I need your advise here .
As the seedlings are flowered from seed , I will top them cause I have many engagements this time of the year and can't spare much time training/tying them so I just top.I thought to just re-veg the best plants after harvest but its a 'shoot and miss' method of keeping keepers alive so I ll take cuts to increase my chances of not losing something special and keep the clones in a veg room for future use and also perhaps share some of Shanti's excellent genetics with close friends.

Basically I will try to root all the cuts taken from the topped plants. I was thinking to top at the 3rd or forth node. What would you suggest?
I usually top at the fourth but in veg only.I have never have taken top cuts from small plants that are being flowered from seed except from some pure sativas which responded nicely but obviously its a different case.

So any advice on taking and rooting small short clones ?
I don't have much experience with such small and short cuts and I don't want to remove much of the growth from the seedlings as they are being flowered from seed and they wont have any veg time to recover.Do you think that a very small cut can root properly and what are the chances ? Is it always necessary to leave a long 'stem' with 1-2 nodes underneath the top part with leaves for the cuts to have good chances to root? I would really appreciate any advice you can give cause its my first time I am trying to root something that small.

Also any practical advice on increasing humidity in my grow tent? Its my first time growing in such a confined space (but due to security and location issues its the best I could do) , and the lights seem to lower the humidity to extreme levels 30%RH..I never had such probs in larger spaces but now I need to take some action cause the seedlings seem to be a bit unhappy. I 've tried to use wet cloths drying in the room but still the humidity levels are way too low for seedlings. I don't have a humidifier handy at the moment by the way so any simple solutions/suggestions? Thanks in advance, L33t

Last edited:
Good Day all

Here is a fresh shot of the MH seedlings:
15Day_MH_Seedlings001.jpg

Few twisted leaves here and there due to extremely low humidity in the grow tent (~30%RH) that I am struggling to fix but other than that they start to grow nicely.I ll use some ferts tomorrow as the mix doesn't have much organic content atm as I only have 35% soil in the mix , rest is coco and perlite.

BTW Any advice on the Q on my previous post would be really appreciated.
L33t

Last edited:
Hi mate,

Never took small cuts,same as you atleast 4 nodes,cut leaving 3 minimum.

Practical advice on humidity,well if it was me after the next water,and the top of the soil is damp,keep it damp,by light mistings,have your fan above the tops of the plants,put a bucket of water in the tent with a couple of wet towels,one on the floor the other acting like a wick placed in the bucket,layed onto the one on the floor.

Time your intake and outtake,to let hum build up,but watch your temps,when you say you tried wet clothes drying in the room,is this to mean on a source of heat ie radiator?If so relative hum in the big room compared to the tent would be very low I would guess.Are you pulling fresh air from outside?

Hope this helps abit,maybe:)or not,they look great still though:)

peace.

About bloody time!
Will be watching this one.

Best of luck mate...

===

Re humidity... A humidifier inline at the intake, posibly???
I don't know myself - never found a use for the things, but I'm using a lot less Watts than you intend to.

Hi RedEye24/7,

Its funny as I already have been doing exactly the same things as what you suggested . I keep misting the top soil surface have trays of water in the tent and have been constantly drying wet towels in the tent (hanged them to dry in there) but still I didn't get the desired results .
It seems that the problem is that air exchange is too fast but I am afraid I cant lower the fans' speed any more as heat builds up quickly.I have the tent in a bedroom where I refresh the air with an open window.

Gert Lush,

Great to see you here at the MNS forums :) A big welcome to you my friend!

A humidifier would be the best option but unfortunately I don't have one at the moment.

l33t

Last edited:
Hi L33t,

How's it going mate?Looking at them,and the growth rate(which is amazing upto now!!!)they should be big enough to have their own little micro-climate going on soon :),lol.

Other than laying out the dollars on a humidifier,I think they will be fine,I hope so anyway.

How have they responded to the feed?Looking better?Whats the humidity of the room the tents in?Low/normal?

I reckon my man,this will have no ill effects,fingers crossed anyway:)

peace bro.

Hi RedEye24/7

I am doing great my friend.Hope all is well with you too :)
Well to be honest I didn't feed them yet as the pots still have some moisture and I will water tommorow with their first fert dose . I will use BioBizzGrow / BioBizz TopMax / BioBizz Heaven and some BioBizz FishMix all in small doses.

I have managed to increase the humidity in the growtent by using many wet towels that are left to dry in the tent.At the moment I have ~50%RH during lights on , and 60% during night time. I also keep misting the plants twice during the nightcycle .

Some of the plants have started showing some light yellowing which I believe is due to the little organic content of the medium / soil mix . It seems I should have used a small dose of ferts from the previous watering but I couldn't imagine they 'd show any signs of underfeeding from that early on. Anyway I am sure they 'll love their food tomorrow and they 'll respond quickly and start to grow faster from now on . Thanx again for dropping by Red.

Here is a pic I took today from the garden:

17Day_MH_Seedlings003.jpg

Last edited:
Hello mate,

All is very well thankyou:)

After a feed and repot these babies are gonna take off on ya ,I can feel it in me bones,lol.

Glad you got the hum sorted,takes wot it takes,job done(cheap skate,haha,j/k) :)

Garden looks great,you will be suprised by the vigour in this strain quite soon I'm positive.

Thanks for the update bro,peace.

peace all.

edit;my bad english,sorry:)

Last edited:
Haz3 How's it going man. Glad to see a MangoHaze grow. These will be my next project. Looks like you are going to have a nice little selection going on there so we should definetly see some beautiful ladies. About your rh problem you could try puttong a saucer of water in there. Bigger diameter, more surface area the faster it will evaporate. Might help.

Hi Red and M2M,

Hope you re doing well guys.

Low humidity issues are solved with the use of some extra wet towels in the room and The MH seedlings are growing with faster rates now , actually I already sexed some of the plants (~week 4 now), 8 males to be exact and 2 females.Rest 18 plants will show sex within the next few days hopefully.

I am thinking of moving the males in a separate room and let em a few weeks till they are ready so I can collect some pollen from all before tossing them. Dry it and store it for future use perhaps when I have time and space..or maybe gift it to a good friend.

Here are the unsexed 18 mh plants and 2 females:
26Day_MH_Seedlings_001.jpg

Cant wait to sex em all and transplant to some fresh soil in bigger/11L pots so they can take off.

They're looking very nice dude!

Quite a bit of variation in the brood, it's going to be interesting to watch this unfold. Any comments on the "affected"?

Good luck. :D

Hi Europa :)

Thanx for dropping by. At the moment I have two heavily 'affected' ones and 3 less affected, after discussing with different people it seems to be a virus of some sort causing the prob though not 100% sure yet. 2 are males so these will be tossed away but I need to decide on the 2-3 famales that are affected , I may need to throw these away. I ll just post on how these affected plants are doing in the new MH thread I did in the Plant Hospital Subforum and just post full garden shots and details in here. Many plants have shown sex and seem to be growing faster now.

At the moment I have 11 females including the 2-3 fem affected ones. 7 plants are still unsexed and I have sexed 11 males including the 2 male affected ones. The plant that showed the problem first is starting to get worse but its a male so I don't worry for this one much , but I worry about the 2-3 affected females.I need to find out and verify if the problem can transfer to other plants before tossing them away.The rest are doing quite well though I ll transplant the females into 11L pots (as soon as the soil is a bit dry cause I just watered them) so they can take off, some fresh soil and some extra space for the roots always does wonders, so really looking forward to get em into their final 11L pots.

I need to decide if I 'll top the plants or just tie/bend em. These are all flowered from seed and I need to think about it a bit before deciding , if I had more plants I would top without a second thought but I am not certain at the moment , I guess I ll wait till I sex the unsexed 7 plants or maybe just top a few and place those directly under the light to create the stadium effect at the canopy.

I will add some epsom salts as well as at the next feeding as I always see some Mg Deficiency around this stage so I need to prevent this before I see any signs.

I ll post some photos tomorrow so you can see how the plants are doing.

Last edited:
Back