-=Mango X Widow=- Show- n -Tell

RoastedO

Thanks to Shantibaba right off.. Site looks great! :cool:

Wanted to put up some pics on the new site and see how ya'lls turned out too..

This one was very different than my expectations. After running the Mango Haze (pure dankness) I thought I knew what I was getting into.
This is my favorite out of 10 I dropped. She tastes like mango/orange hard candy lollypops to the tee. One of the tastiest I have in a vape. The high is what I really get into tho. It sends my mind wandering, not as intense as the MH does because there's more body in it but the best part is laughing :p .. Every time I smoke the Mdub, as I lovingly refer to her, I get silly.
To be sure I smoked it with friends and didn't tell them anything about it. 10 minutes later everyone was telling jokes and reminiscing.
So at first i was alittle concerned with the apparent lack of Haze smell but I guess it blends different with the Widow. No complaints here ;), it was a welcomed and tasty surprise. My bar is crazy high when it comes to new additions too..

Id love to see what other people have found so lets see em..
All the best,
RO

P.S.
I cant seen to upload even the smallest pics for some reason.. Anyone else have these problems? I have pics that were taken at .3 mp and it still says too big. Tried to u/l from gallery too and got error message: Unable to Move file...

Last edited:
Thanks to Shantibaba right off.. Site looks great! :cool:

Wanted to put up some pics on the new site and see how ya'lls turned out too..

This one was very different than my expectations. After running the Mango Haze (pure dankness) I thought I knew what I was getting into.
This is my favorite out of 10 I dropped. She tastes like mango/orange hard candy lollypops to the tee. One of the tastiest I have in a vape. The high is what I really get into tho. It sends my mind wandering, not as intense as the MH does because there's more body in it but the best part is laughing :p .. Every time I smoke the Mdub, as I lovingly refer to her, I get silly.
To be sure I smoked it with friends and didn't tell them anything about it. 10 minutes later everyone was telling jokes and reminiscing.
So at first i was alittle concerned with the apparent lack of Haze smell but I guess it blends different with the Widow. No complaints here ;), it was a welcomed and tasty surprise. My bar is crazy high when it comes to new additions too..

Id love to see what other people have found so lets see em..
All the best,
RO

P.S.
I cant seen to upload even the smallest pics for some reason.. Anyone else have these problems? I have pics that were taken at .3 mp and it still says too big.

High Roasted O,
I grew out the MW last season and was highly impressed ...btw i just planted three seed and got a smashing lady that is not onlt sweet to the palate ,but very mind soaring and clean...I tested it with some very seasoned old timers and they where wonderfully impressed and as you say,its a happy up sweet pleasure ...all should give her a go...

mine also yields very nice too...solid and frosty..

you can see it if you click on Mango Widow at this site...

peace

Hey RoastedO i read in another thread that the pics problem will be rectified soon,hope that helps a bit. Your buds sound sweet,this is a bit off topic but just as you mention the orange flavour,i remember reading somewhere on another canna forum that there was a MNS Strain called Shanti's Orange but i have never been able to get any info on it maybe Shanti could say if this strain actually existed or not ...? Take Care RoastedO and nice to meet you...Hashish

Aloha Scorpion and Hashish!
It was your pics back in the day on CW Scorpion that kicked me in the ass and got me to pop em ;).. The yield is pretty good with mine as well, when the picture bug is fixed I'll drop a few.
I've heard of an Orange Bud from Shanti but same boat with the info=0.
Ill drop some pics soon..
All the best,
RO

Ok...
DSCF4814.JPG

DSCF4800.JPG

DSCF4796.JPG

Heres a couple I dug up. Ill find more from later in flower to show too when I can.. :cool:
All the best,
RO

Ok...
DSCF4814.JPG

DSCF4800.JPG

DSCF4796.JPG

Heres a couple I dug up. Ill find more from later in flower to show too when I can.. :cool:
All the best,
RO
Hey roasted O,
try her outdoors if you get the chance...just put a small rooted clone ,hardened to the intense sunlight of course, outdoors after june20
summer solstice is june22....northern hempisphere...single cola growth pattern ...late oct/early nov. harvest...maybe earlier if you get a good girl.
full sun if possible.

nice plant for sure

peace

Hey roasted O,
try her outdoors if you get the chance...just put a small rooted clone ,hardened to the intense sunlight of course, outdoors after june20
summer solstice is june22....northern hempisphere...single cola growth pattern ...late oct/early nov. harvest...maybe earlier if you get a good girl.
full sun if possible.

nice plant for sure

peace
Thanks Scorpion! I wish I could use the big bulb in the sky so bad. Its one of my motivators tho. I bet the M'Dub would do awesome outside, she'd need some support tho :D.. I bet she'd be a monster..
DSCF4913.JPG

Heres a pic I dug up, just about finished there.

Hopefully some others will jump in and show their finds too..

All the best,
RO

Last edited:
Looks top shelf Ro

Hi ro,looks beautiful,the ssh and a/h are on my list also
Be good to see you do a report,look forward to it,later.peace.(come to think of it all the mns strains are on my list ,its just down to sortin which one first lol)

Beautiful pictures guys, this is an outdoor Mango Widow from '06.

Sexy ladies!

Hey RoastedO

Those are some seriously sexy ladies.:eek: I'd love to see some more pics if you can find any.

mango/orange hard candy lollypops

Sound like they taste as good as they look.:p

I've got a pack of these in the fridge patiently waiting their turn. I think they might have just bumped up a couple of places on the list.;)

Have you got any grow tips for Mango x Widow? Do they stretch much? Do they need much feeding during flower?

cheers

twitchy:)

Hey RoastedO

Those are some seriously sexy ladies. I'd love to see some more pics if you can find any.

Sound like they taste as good as they look.

I've got a pack of these in the fridge patiently waiting their turn. I think they might have just bumped up a couple of places on the list.

Have you got any grow tips for Mango x Widow? Do they stretch much? Do they need much feeding during flower?

cheers

twitchy:)
Thanks twitchy! Just make sure you put down as many as you can to select from and you'll find something real nice.
Let us know when you pop em :cool: ..
All the best,
RO
DSCF4937.JPG

Last edited:
WOW! Great accounts folks. I am happy that I bought some of those beans tonight. I eagerly await late July when I can sprout them.

Your plants are all looking great. Kudos!

Hi ro,looks beautiful,the ssh and a/h are on my list also
Be good to see you do a report,look forward to it,later.peace.(come to think of it all the mns strains are on my list ,its just down to sortin which one first lol)
Many thanks redeye24/7! As you requested:

Variety/Cultivar name: Mango X Widow

Breeder: Shantibaba
Lineage if known: Mango Haze X Widow
Vendor: Mr. Nice
Price: Consult your favorite vendor
Type (sativa/indica ratio): 70%sat 30%ind

Females tested: 6
Variation: alot
Indoor flower period: 10 weeks
Outdoor harvest time: Not tested

==================================================
PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

Stretch in Flowering: About 2x in height and 3x width (phenotype depending)

Plant Size: 3-5 ft

Plant Structure: Bush/LST

<7> Ease of Growing:
<7> Ease of Cloning:
<8> Yield (watts):
<8> Odor Level:

GROW Method:

1. Visual Appeal
Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.
8 – Has that plastic perfect look when dialed in.

2. Visible Trichomes:
Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome
heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for
a more precise report. Leave these fields blank if you do not have a powerful magnifier.

Clear:10 %
Cloudy: 55%
Amber: 30%
Dark: 5%

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more
detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown:
Green:x
Gold: x
Blue:
Grey:
White:
Red:
Rust:
Orange:x
Purple:
Black:

5. Bud density:

Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are
not in their natural state leave this field blank.
7 – Good density but not so dense mold was even though about

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence.
9.0 –
Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [ x] Mango [x ] Pepper [ x]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten []
Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk []
Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [] Spice [ x]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

comment: the smell is intoxicating

7. Aroma: 9...

Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled
bud for best results.

8. Seed content:

Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.
0 - sensi

9. Just picked: / Weeks cured: 8 wks

If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured.
If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS: When you first see this bud from a distance it looks somewhat dark due the amount of orange hairs that dominate. Upon closer look the smell of the mango orange hard candy comes up…

THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information
below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc): bing
Vaporizer (enter the brand name): whip
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass): glass – medium spoon
Joint (enter brand of papers): aleda / club
Other (specify): Phillies

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [3 ] Licorice [ ]
Berry [ ] Floral [3 ] Mango [8 ] Pepper [ 3]
Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ]
Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ]
Cedar [ ] Grapefruit[ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ]
Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ]
Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk []
Citrus [6 ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [] Spice [ ]
Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry[ ]
Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [6 ] Vanilla [ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste: 9

Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

Comment: In a vape you will be amazed how much it really tastes like mango/orange hard candy..

4. State of dryness: 7

Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. smoke ability: 8

Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

Coment: Manic organic here / supah flushah

6. Smoke expansion: 8

Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

7. Intensity: 8

Rate how high the smoke got you. 1-10 nothing to maximum effects.

Coment: I get silly every time I smoke Mango Widow. Im a very heavy smoker so to those who smoke heavy and miss getting stupid a search is worth your time J.

8. Type of High. Use combination of #'s if needed.

1. Head: 75
2. Mix:
3. Body: 25

coments: Very different feeling then the usual suspects. I actually get stoned… Think about that for a second all you vets :D….

9. "social liability factor" use no 1-10: how cool is this… 8.5

coment: I woulden’t keep it if there wasn’t one……..

10.which direction did the high take you? ie is it (a) up time party sativa? or is it; (b) sleep time indica? or (c) it can go both ways? C but leaning to A as well

Medical Effects:
<yes> Medicinal Strength:

KEEPER?
<X> YES:
? NO:

If you take the time to do some selecting you will be a very happy person IMO. She stands proud next to many “elites” people get all weird about and pay through the nose for.
Big respect to Shantibaba!

All the best,
RO

Last edited:
Great report thanks man,well i got my paws on g13 x sk yesterday ,
then i run into sb,
well after a chat i nearly went back and swapped them for the g13 x wid,
but it was so close,
then i read this, this morning ,
hopefully in a few weeks,

i'll grab some of them top quality medicinal beans
(Scorpion's pics and reports clinched it)
but i can tell you it was soooooooooo close.
peace RO

Last edited:
Thats 1 sexy lady layin out in the sun you got there JessE!
How'd she turn out for ya?
All the best,
RO

She was a pleasure to smoke, I was quite impressed with her overall. The best outdoor plant I had in '06 for sure. Ive not seen a negative report on this variety at all. From what Ive seen, read and experienced this is once again another top of the line variety shanti and company are producing. It is safe to say that Im a fan of the Mango Widow. Ive got some of them going right now as a matter of fact. Keep up the good work guys, these pictures of the Mango Widow speak for themselves.

Thanks twitchy! Some stretched alot. The keeper for me about doubles in height after the switch and triples in girth. She doesn't get tall per say as some of sisters did but she still gets real big.. I have found to my surprise, that that one I kept likes to be fed. Im very very far from a heavy feeder, I like my smoke to be super flushed and almost %100 organic. (I still use Age Old Organics, so no Im not %100 :p) She lets you know pretty quick when you underfeed :)..
Just make sure you put down as many as you can to select from and you'll find something real nice.
Let us know when you pop em :cool: ..
All the best,
RO
DSCF4937.JPG

Hey RO

You found an even better picture!:D Beautiful buds and the lighting makes it look as though she's basking under a red sunset lol.

Got another couple of questions if you don't mind...

I'm guessing you've got a prized mango x widow mother from what you've said.

How tall are the clones when you start flowering and what height are they by harvest?

How many days flowering does your mango x widow take? Would you say this is a fair representation of the other plants you grew from seeds?

Nice one

twitchy

(ps. enjoyed your smoke report, especially "social liability factor". I know this feeling well!)

Do you have any more pictures for us? Perhaps in veg? Maybe some different phenotypes you found in this variety? Im keeping an eye on this thread for sure my friend.

Back