Mango Widow

Mango Widow
Oct13MWandMH033.jpg

I'm REAL sick of looking at my scraggly MW, but I could look at your SEXY MW all night! :) Trimmed fer ~2hrs 2day. Ugh.:rolleyes:

Uh. Give em the ol misdirection. Like the line goes one way, and the back and the ball go another... I aint talkin bout waterpolo!

Burn me. :)

Hey folks :)
Mother nature has spoken to me, it is officially harvest time. And I have to tell you, im not in the least bit disapointed. The plants are super nice this season, I have to take my hat off to Shantibaba for his work with the Mango Widow. I had two Mango Widow females this season, as luck would have it I only photographed one with any kind of regularity. The second Mango Widow was tucked away in the furthest corner of my green house for the last couple of weeks and I was unable to get a good look at her for that time period.

She really packed on the weight, I wouldnt be surprised if I dont have a two or three ounce top from her to be honest when its all said and done. Dried and cured. Very impressive! She just kept packing on the weight, there was no end in sight from all indications either. I definitely feel this plant to be a very accurate representation of the widow lineage within this haze hybrid.

Outstanding Shanti.

JessE - Hey I tried to respond to you via pm, but your box is full, I dunno when you are going to make room, and I'm NOT savin this to the 'puter:D

re:hash
Hey, no problem. I'm glad that you are so happy with the results. I can't see myself ever NOT having some ssh/sshf2's/ssh crosses in my garden after almost a year with her. The Mango Widow I would be willing to run again, but I would be looking for a more haze leaner than I got (hell, I MAY have had something OTHER than MW). Smoking my plant was like an instant hangover. Not like a fuzzy,happy indy stone, but a 'stop thinking NOW' stone. I like indy's, but they have to make me feel 'warm' not just BLASTED. Even still, a MW run is a way off. I do have those MW x (ogkush x g13/hz) going. Nothing flowering yet, though.

You could pick up some silkscreen material, and stretch it over a woodframe; kinda like a window screen. Then let the trim go BONE, and 'dance it on there'. Place a 'collection' surface under the screen, lol. There are conversions online for the silkscreen/micron sizes. Many of the dry kits that I've seen have a 140 micron screen.

Yeah, I hear ya about running the haze hybrids here. I was in a different place last summer(~40 mi east, but not near the ocean at all), and I had some Sweet Haze (SURPRISINGLY similar to SSH..) that me and a buddy took to ~Nov1. That seems impossible here, as I look to be 1-2 wks colder in the spring/fall. I still have a sativa heavy SuperSpice out. I was trying to get pix yesterday, but that fell through. I'll be pulling MAYBE today,maybe 2moro. Depends on weather. SMALL plant, that's why she stayed. But PURPLE!!! :)

Your plants look killer, bro.:)

Very nice pics, your MangoWid's make me drool and i just can't wait to see mine finish...seems you've got some real keepers and dialed them in perfectly, been workin with this strain ALOT lately as you know and pics like these make me wanna open a fresh pack...with such diversity there are just so many options and all the girls i've got would easily be welcomed to any garden, EVERY1 get these beans while you can...great job Jesse

Very nice pics, your MangoWid's make me drool and i just can't wait to see mine finish...seems you've got some real keepers and dialed them in perfectly, been workin with this strain ALOT lately as you know and pics like these make me wanna open a fresh pack...with such diversity there are just so many options and all the girls i've got would easily be welcomed to any garden, EVERY1 get these beans while you can...great job Jesse

Thank you for your very kind words curious, I am humbled mate :)

Im actually smoking some Mango Haze through my new glass pipe at this very moment, and I have to be honest I prefer it through my brass bowl. *Gasp, I know*. But it really does seem to taste and hit better for some reason, defying conventional wisdom.

Seriously curious, the Mango Widow is outstanding. I think you're probably well aware of that by now, but when your in possession of such fine cannabis there is little left to be said but "outstanding". Im very pleased with this Haze/Widow hybrid, and look forward to growing her again. Finding amazing plants is easy, deciding which one to keep will take some thought.

I may have to purchase some more Mango Widows myself, as I only have a small handful left now and unfortunately there was no Mango Widow male this season. I really would have liked to have found one too, such a shame!

Greetings and Salutations friends :)
Its pretty hard to decide which of the herbalage I grew this season is the best upon the initial smoke test, Ive found both Super Silver Haze and Mango Haze quite strong and in both cases bouts of anxiety have occured. The Mango Haze taste better of the two, with a very "silver hazey" taste and particular odor upon exhale that is sweet, musky and peppery. The Super Silver Haze seems more bland of the two, but its equally as anxiety provoking as the Mango Haze. So what does any of this have to do with Mango Widow genius? lol
Well I just rolled a joint of some of the lower trim buds of the Mango Widow, and its some very pleasant smoke. This partuclar bud came from my 2nd, less photographed Mango Widow that was quite heavy yielding which showed very little signs of haze in her outward aesthetic appearance. It looked to be a representative of the Widow side of the gene pool. This isnt the best marijuana of all time, but thats not to knock it in the least bit. Nobody on this board would be dissatisfied with this herb, its alot milder on the anxiety and has a very respectable potency to it. I was stoned proper after the 4th or 5th hit and the taste very smooth with a musky lemon esk undertone taste. I probably enjoyed that joint more than anything Ive sampled this season simply for the fact I dont feel nearly the same amount of anxiety which Ive found quite uncomfortable in the more hazier samples that were tried thus far.

Of course the more photographed Mango Widow is just now settling in for the long haul cure and I have yet to try any of the recently harvested samples. I did however quick dry a small bud of it maybe a month ago now, and it was awesome at that point in time already. It was very sweet, sugary sweet in fact and didnt taste of Mangos at all. It in fact was a dead ringer for lime cool aide, and I was definitely pleased to see her in my garden. She was true for form to the breeders description in the fact she wasnt a heavy yielder like the other pheno, but the quality is there. The kind of cut you keep for quality purposes only, unfortunately Im not set up to handle cuts of any kind otherwise Id have quite a few believe :) I did however end of with enough seed to keep me happy for a few years, should be interesting to see how they turn out.

Last edited:
Hey folks,
Not long ago smoked a sample of a nicely developed bud, and the taste is wonderful. Its very lemon drop candy like, definitely musky though. Its quite a sugary taste I have to emphasize, very pleasant. I wont be surprised in the least bit of Mango Widow doesnt win some Awards in the future.The buzz is real nice, very even overall while retaining a respectable stone. This is the kind of marijuana you break out for special occassions for sure, and its only had a very minimal cure. So just a very early sample and its real nice, but obviously with a cure I expect things to improve greatly. Im running out of jars, may have to make a special trip later today to pick up another case.

These kind of problems are the kind I wished I had all the time. :D

Last edited:
Back