Mango Widow

B

barletta

Sounds delicious, J. I've been saving spaghetti sauce jars for ~10 months. You can imagine how many I accumulated as a po single dude (who loves italian food/girls). :D

My MW deffo did have a distinctive 'musky mango/BURNT sugary' smell. I go lemon growing, but a heavy sugary mango (not sweet though) musk when dry. Enjoy bro, I enjoyed watchin em gro! :D:D

J

JessE

Aloha friends,
Hey barletta, saving the spaghetti jars was a good idea. I actually use fresh canning jars bought from almost any major grocery store, but to save some cash I cant see any reason why those jars wouldnt suffice.

I got another picture to throw at you from the Mango Widow this season, this is the Mango Widow that was left in the furthest corner of the green house and was pretty much enclosed by other plants. So I was unable to photograph her much, but I know I mentioned her enough where she atleast warrants an appearance lol. As I mentioned in herbmisters thread, this girl was deceptively heavy with the top cola weighing a pound or more easily coming harvest time. I feel this girl to be a good representative of the widow expression of the Mango Widow. Her leaves were unlike the other Mango Widow or any other Haze hybrid I grew this season and grew dense, heavy buds. Not the best smoke of all time, but nothing to kick out of your top shelf jar either. Respectable marijuana, with a musky, lemon sugary kind of taste. The buzz is very comfortable, couch lock for sure though.

Mango Widow

Last edited:
J

JessE

Puffing on some Mango Widow right now, primarily from the 2nd plant pictured above. It was the real yielder between the two, however I still havent sampled the other Mango Widow (the most photographed one).

This marijuana is very smooth, indica dominant for sure. But its more of a sweet, lemony, hashy kind of taste than compared to other widows Ive tried in the past. The stone is nice, comfortable and couch lock to the wire, but its not as thunderous as other varietys. A very nice smoke, the kind of weed you pull out to just relax. A nice, stark contrast to the sativa fuel experience of the SSH or Mango Haze. Three hits, you put the bowl down and literally forget all about it. Definitely nice herb, this pheno leaves you wondering what else is out there in the sea of Mango Widow genes. Quality marijuana, I wont be surprised to see this variety when some awards in the coming years.

Pepe Le Pew

Excellent Jessie, I just re-read your thread (had a real urge to call you Fred then):D your descriptions and pic's here are one of the reasons i went for the MxW myself, your plants look superb J', never easy outdoors, great stuff Pepè

J

JessE

Hey guys,
Just uploading some old photos from last season that never made the cut for whatever reason.

Mango Widow(pheno 1) almost 8 weeks

Mango Widow (pheno 2 as seen on post #42 the least photographed of the two Mango Widows) 6 weeks old

Last edited:
J

JessE

And some more pictures im just digging out the hard drive. We're approximately week 9 here.

Mango Widow

J

JessE

And some more random shots, here we have a rare group photo. We should be looking at the normal sized SSH on the far left (1 of 2 SSH's I had last season, the other being a runt which was highly resinous) and the two Mango Widows middle and far right. This was probably one of the rare days I moved everybody outside the hobo greenhouse to bask in the sun as much as possible.

Mango Widow(middle and right)

J

JessE

And a close up of the Mango Widow top, I believe this would be the one pictured center in the picture above.

Mango Widow