Male pollen

golden_eagle

Just curious how long the pollen from male cannabis plants can survive for? I have been told that all pollen can only survive for a few hours once airborne and it looks like a virus under a microscope. Is that true?
If you can store male cannabis pollen what is the best method?

It can survive for months. Make it wet and its over with. yeah it looks like sperm :ROFLMAO:

you have to dry it. And then it can be frozen in airtight packaging.

I've always heard that people freeze it, I never manage to harvest it, it's too volatile
when I make seeds I take the female and rub it on the male or I sew the male on the female

i had try to put some pollen on a box but it's never a success

The hardest part for me is isolating the males then collecting the pollen over a glass pane. Some pollen seems to be lighter and more airborne than others.

yes is this part is very difficult

to day i put 3 diesel males in foret for do some cross and few days ago i have put 2 g13skunk X tangie (home cross) on another spot i will come back later with a little clone for do the seeds
i will try to collect a bit of pollen in box i never try with a glass i will try to found something like that is a ggood idea

thanks for the tip

I have read that if you put the male to the females the females notice that and the seed has a better quality if they can do their thing :love:

Can anyone confirm the life of stray pollen in a typical indoor home grow? I'm thinking days maybe a week , 10 days?

I mean there is light , heat and moisture..

If you can store male cannabis pollen what is the best method?
I am no expert by any means but i store pollen in my freezer in a small plastic bullet and then in another small plastic tupperware, ive had pollen last a couple of years this way.
draw back is once thawed if not used its fucked so store your pollen in a few bullets and only take out a bullet at a time depending what your pollinating.;)

can i harvest the polen sacks then they are closed or did i have to wait untill they open?
Yes you can harvest. The closer to them nutting on their own the better.
Cut off a nice section of branch with large clusters and let it dry and blow its load in a paper bag. Keep it as dry as possible, moisture is like spermacide .

ok i harvested the yelowish to red polensacks they seem to be the mature ones as the open have the same color and puted them into a piece of papertowel to dry
how long should i let them dry?

THX

Last edited:
Maybe use parchment paper or just printer paper instead of paper towels - you'll probably lose quite a bit of pollen just in the fibers of the paper towel. If you have one of those three-part grinders with the kief screen you can let them open in there and as they dry and open the pollen will drop to the tray below. Obviously it should be a clean grinder...

Maybe use parchment paper or just printer paper instead of paper towels - you'll probably lose quite a bit of pollen just in the fibers of the paper towel. If you have one of those three-part grinders with the kief screen you can let them open in there and as they dry and open the pollen will drop to the tray below. Obviously it should be a clean grinder...
so they mature thurther even cuted of the plants and open after matury reached like bananas? without opening ^^

THX

Back