Let's talk about your lights at clone.

wisp

Being slow to move with times and stick with solid, tested methods I've always been a fan of good old HPS and a few CFLs for mums, veg and cuts.

However recently discovered 60w 6000lm 6500k LED garage lights going for £7 .
That's almost the equivalent of my 125w CFL but half the draw.

I've stuck 4 cuts under 1 and they seem to be loving it.

They have bigger one's probably be usable for micro breeding.

Pic doesn't show the brightness but phone based lux shows 5800 at this position from the clones

Attachments

• IMG_20210503_195433_450x450.jpg
    IMG_20210503_195433_450x450.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Looks neat if it works. I am cutting down too. LED seems to be the way to go. Been growing under LED for a while now, works great. However, for flowering seems to hold me back. But I guess I will make the switch this year.
300 watt led for flowering seems to fulfill my needs but I am not sure I will pull +1g per watt. Yet they advertise those new LEDs go well over that.

Looks neat if it works. I am cutting down too. LED seems to be the way to go. Been growing under LED for a while now, works great. However, for flowering seems to hold me back. But I guess I will make the switch this year.
300 watt led for flowering seems to fulfill my needs but I am not sure I will pull +1g per watt. Yet they advertise those new LEDs go well over that.

Buying out a good setup can cost 3 X more than a good Digi HPS.

But cost will come down as supplies become exaggerated.

Buying out a good setup can cost 3 X more than a good Digi HPS.

But cost will come down as supplies become exaggerated.
Ten times more ^^
But I am a noob and buy plug and play stuff lol.
1K for a system seems to be the regular price. There is DIY stuff out there though, but it demands research.

Thing holding me back most is heat. Plants love hps heat in here.

Maybe we could look for a good uniform autoflower strain and place them underneath our LED to see where it goes? I’ve got COB LED 50 watt 2 times which should be equal to 300 watt CFL. I only put one cob on and rarely 2.

Ten times more ^^
But I am a noob and buy plug and play stuff lol.
1K for a system seems to be the regular price. There is DIY stuff out there though, but it demands research.

Thing holding me back most is heat. Plants love hps heat in here.

Yeah I've noticed people adding heaters to bring temps above ambient 22.

That defeats the energy saving.

I'm thinking that the basic type like I listed will be better as a support for lower canopy and if the heat outside is extreme.

Maybe we could look for a good uniform autoflower strain and place them underneath our LED to see where it goes? I’ve got COB LED 50 watt 2 times which should be equal to 300 watt CFL. I only put one cob on and rarely 2.

No room or time for autos lol.

They will be used at the moment exclusively for cuts and boosting in veg.

Currently, I only use CFL's + sunlight to keep mums, clones and seeds in veg. When the sun is out, they get sun and when the sun is gone, they're put under the CFL's (18/6).
I've used CFL's for 2 reasons: our arid climate doesn't allow for extra heat (from f.i. HPS lamps) and in case the smurfs come knocking on my door and want to inspect the garden, they'll think "what an amateur" and that's exactly what I want them to think. I don't want to take extra risks right before it all gets legalized.

Some friends grow with these household LED bulbs through veg and flower. They seem to be doing well in veg but are lacking the power to grow some decent buds. In flower I just rely on the sun.

Currently, I only use CFL's + sunlight to keep mums, clones and seeds in veg. When the sun is out, they get sun and when the sun is gone, they're put under the CFL's (18/6).
I've used CFL's for 2 reasons: our arid climate doesn't allow for extra heat (from f.i. HPS lamps) and in case the smurfs come knocking on my door and want to inspect the garden, they'll think "what an amateur" and that's exactly what I want them to think. I don't want to take extra risks right before it all gets legalized.

Some friends grow with these household LED bulbs through veg and flower. They seem to be doing well in veg but are lacking the power to grow some decent buds. In flower I just rely on the sun.

The 150w are written as "150w LED Garage Lights, Upgrade 15000LM"

Actually I just noticed can get a 3 pack of auto for less than £9 CM auto £5.99 a 3 pack.

That price I can find time to test in with me mums. Not a fan of autos but I see why you would want to run them because they can run with less intensity.

Actually I just noticed can get a 3 pack of auto for less than £9 CM auto £5.99 a 3 pack.

That price I can find time to test in with me mums. Not a fan of autos but I see why you would want to run them because they can run with less intensity.
Yes but I mean if you should keep a mother under LED, might as well place some autoflowers around her to get some extra bud. Just to get everything out of it.
But I never had one finishing 9 weeks after germinating. Never.

LED is the way!

auto critical orange punch, auto mazar, and auto banana blaze by dutch passion, the xxl autos able to push big yeilds.
my friend pulled 6 ounces of Mac one caps cut on his 1st grow under 125w of vipar spectra 12 band spectrum leds. so if you build/chose the right light you can easily achieve or surpass 1g per w on an led fixture. you should realistically be able to pull 1.5 pounds from a 300w white w/ far red, 12 band, or really good COB. I do recomend if you are experiencing difficulty in flower, to check the VPD chart, and get your room's environment to correspond w/ it. lots of the people who have been growing w/ leds for awhile say this in the interviews/hangouts on youtube. I am in the process of increasing my control over this equation, and my plants look happier. however, it will make your hungry plants more hungry, and you will need to compensate the next cycle w/ more feed.

Back