La Niña - 2 old packs (Switzerland)

Beuhologue

Hi!

Yesterday a friend of a friend gave me his seed stash, that include 2 pack of La Niña (33 seeds), seems to be an old batch, old paper pack, a bit smaller than the actual one, orange bag.

Is this seeds came from before 2003 or Mr Nice still use it for a moment after moving from Swiss?

Is the old La Niña seeds are more or less interesting than the fresh ones?

I will certainly made a selection and post the grow here so I decide to start that thread, will germinate it in a month and half (sorry not able to post pics for now)

++

Beuhologue (Ernest One).

Sounds like a pre Swiss bust pack. The word is all parental stock remained safe post bust so once Shanti got cranking again it is the same genetics-- though there was some debate about this. Either way the early packs in the 90s/early00s were always top notch for sure.

Hi B :)

My first experience with LaNina was from a yellow pack with Howard's smiling mug on it. My current grow is from an auction win of 'fresh' seed. Both packs seem to produce excellent plants & if there is/was a difference old to new, I don't see it. I'm getting plants now that are very similar to the few females I grower errored my way thru 5-6 years ago.

Be sure to treat them as if they are 'hard to germ'. Scuffing the seed shell a bit with sandpaper, or shaving the seed seam a little with a razor blade before soaking/planting helps. Also, germinating in a solution of fulvic acid and/or soluble kelp and/or bacteria dominant root juice (rapid start, roots excellurator, Rhizoblast, great white, bubbled compost tea, etc...) seems to get my old beans (6-10 years old+) to germ 75% or better. Also consider multiple germination methods - Direct to soil, paper towel, 24-48 hr liquid soak before planting or not, etc..

There are gems in your packs, that's for sure. :cool:

Thanks to all for answers and advices!

Hi!

They're was stored in an attic (isolated) for few years, never in a fridge, so the germination will be low, to late for a good long term conservation, if the parents still alive, it's time to plant it.

Thanks PatrickStar it's exactly the informations that I need!

Back