Jamies' N.H.S Specs

hi J good to see you back mate

your plants look good,any chance of a newer photo:)

thanks Herbmister.. its good to be back mate :)

I wanted to keep them back and do them in order, but as it's you, heres a blurry one as a sneak preview ;)

Attachments

• Image069.jpg
    Image069.jpg
    398.6 KB · Views: 59
sorry for the lack of update today - I'm kinda busy with the one below, but I'll be updating the grow from week 8 onwards either later or tomorrow :)

10 weeks and 6 days - Skunk Pheno (1st out)

Attachments

• nhs.skunkpheno1.jpg
    nhs.skunkpheno1.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 82
So heres the next brief installement.

The NHS were given 2 weeks to "root out" their new pots and then flipped at around 8 weeks. At this time, there were some signs of bug invasion, but nothing that seemed to be "badly" effecting the plants... that was to come later with the heat and population explosions (spidermites and fungus gnats). Despite the bugs and heat issues, they continued to grow at a good steady rate. Thier heights at flip time were between 12 and 20 inches, I would later find that this was too tall for the "Haze" phenos

here they are the day I flipped em...

Attachments

• NHS week8.flip.jpg
    NHS week8.flip.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 28
time for an update, this time from just a few days ago...

I did have some pics from mid flowering but I dont seem to be able to find them (typical). Here's what happened in that time. Initially everything went very well, the male plants started to show signs of flowering at around 2 weeks and by the end of week 3 everything was sexed. Overall I had an even split of 5 males and 5 females.

As time progressed the summer heat kicked in and with it came population explosions from the spider mites and fungus gnats. Over the next few weeks I tried SMC, Pyrethrum, and "Masai" from beyer but all to no avail. I did manage to control the populations a little (using yellow glue traps for the gnats) but ultimately the little buggers wreaked havoc (I had some PP in the same conditions that only put out about 15 per, not the 75 plus I'm used to).

Despite all this, the NHS grew and grew like proverbial beanstalks, somehow resisting the ravages of the bugs and heat that at times was in the mid 30s celcius. They grew so fast in fact that all but one (the skunk pheno) required super cropping in several places, even now they're still taller than me, but would otherwise be 7ft plus.

Of the 5 girls I have there are 3 phenotypes, a skunky (old meat smelling) pheno which I pulled this week at 10 weeks and 6 days and which is currently drying and 2 haze phenos.

One of the haze phenos is going to go for maybe as long as 14-15 weeks and was very slow to develop. At week 8 of flowering, this one looked like the others did at week 3. This plant however smells unbelievable and whilst it might not turn out to be the biggest yielder, I think there may well be something very special a foot with her. The structure I can best describe as being "amnesia" like - that kind of golfball buds dotted everywhere structure, while the other 3 remaining haze pheno are a more typical "dick" shape. These "dick" phenos are incredably "lemoney" and one of them is covered with fat fluffy white hairs and packed with crystal. This one would probably by my "keeper" of them, she looks to have maybe another week to go, running to around 12 weeks (as do the other 2) although sadly I dont have the capacity to keep mums at the moment.

In the run up to finishing these off, I use GHEs' ripen for 10 days, flush for 4 days and left the pots go dry for a few days until I'm happy they're done. This makes for great tasting bud, although they do look well ravaged by the time I pull em :)

ok heres a few pics first up the Skunky lady I pulled on Tuesday (macro is from last week - wk 9-10)

Attachments

• 001_1777.JPG
    001_1777.JPG
    641.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 001_1779.JPG
    001_1779.JPG
    746 KB · Views: 33
  • 001_1790.JPG
    001_1790.JPG
    782.7 KB · Views: 39
  • nhsweek9-10.jpg
    nhsweek9-10.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi Jamie

Nice report on the NHS , nice pics too

Good to hear you got some slow haze dominant plants , let us know how these turn out and smoke compared to the rest faster ones.

Keep it up and looking forward to the dry bud pics

thanks for looking in Leet :).. still a good few updates to go on these as the slower ones finish off and then of course there'll be smoke reports....

not a real update as such as its late and Im wasted, but the first of the NHS is dry today (Skunk Pheno) and even with no cure at all, it's incredabley good.

Anyways, heres a few shots of the haze phenos still growing...

Attachments

• 001_1803.JPG
    001_1803.JPG
    729.3 KB · Views: 208
  • 001_1802.JPG
    001_1802.JPG
    783 KB · Views: 27
  • 001_1805.JPG
    001_1805.JPG
    677.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 001_1806.JPG
    001_1806.JPG
    756.6 KB · Views: 36
Heres one I pulled today, I call this one the "lemon pheno" - its pretty apparent why if you were here with me :)

She's at 12 weeks on the button and 10% clear/80% cloudy/10% amber on the trichs front :)

Attachments

• 001_1840.JPG
    001_1840.JPG
    744.1 KB · Views: 26
  • 001_1843.JPG
    001_1843.JPG
    663.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 001_1845.JPG
    001_1845.JPG
    753.6 KB · Views: 33
just had a spliff of this one.. full report to come when I do them all at the end, but a quick note to say "hmm Yum!" :D

Glad to hear you're enjoying them DeskJet :) Did you get the "lemoney" one?

ok quick update re: mine...had a look at some trichs yesterday and it seems I might've been too hasty to say that they would all finish seperately. It now looks like 2 will finish together this week, although they're 2 completely different plants to look at them. One is the pheno I've been jokingly calling the "dick" pheno and the other is a very hazy smelling lady with the "amnesia" structure (golf ball buds)... all being well, these will come out weds/thurs..

heres some close ups :)

Attachments

• nhsweek2.12-13.1.jpg
    nhsweek2.12-13.1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 7
  • nhsweek2.12-13.2.jpg
    nhsweek2.12-13.2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 4
  • nhsweek12-13.jpg
    nhsweek12-13.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 12
  • nhsweek12-13.4.jpg
    nhsweek12-13.4.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 3
  • nhsweek12-13.3.jpg
    nhsweek12-13.3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 4
quick note, more to myself than anything else... this lemoney plant that I've taken at 12 weeks is making me feel VERY happy/warm/content... medicinal qualities many of us could use :)

well the updates have come to a bit of a halt as it seems my 3 remaining NHS dont seem to want to finish off. Where as I'd thought I'd be taking 2 of them last week at 13 weeks and one this week or next week at 14-15 weeks, it turns out that we are here at 14 weeks and all 3 are still in thier pots with little sign of any amber trichs.

I guess that's a question for you haze growers, do you ever take these long flowering phenos with little to no amber? will they go amber eventually if I wait long enough? do I actually WANT them to go amber? I'm aiming for 5%-10% amber, same as I do with most strains...

thanks for any advice
j

Growing Sativas can really be a patience tester, heh?

Your plants should eventually mature.

Remember that harvesting sativas slightly less mature than indicas is probably preferable as you should get a higher THC and lower CBD content this way.

Sometimes that extra week just adds a bit of eye droop to the high (Kali Mist is a perfect example of this) and not much more - not what a sativa grower is after, really. Of course, for indica lovers, this is reversed - leaving the indica that extra week produces a stronger 'stone' and richer aromas.

That isn't to say that you should harvest it immature, of course... and there is some indica in this cross so you want to get a full flavour going on.

You'll know when the time is right...

I wouldn't keep the mums from 15/16 weekers, though - it's just too much when you can find an 8/9 week Mango Haze pheno (or even a 10/11/12 week phenos of so many other Haze types, too)

Good Luck

Hi Grover,

Thanks for the response mate :)

These are indeed some serious patience testers, but I've had them so long now, that to pull em early would be a big shame...and so I've let them go...and go...and go...lol

I'll grab some macro when I look again tomorrow/Friday, maybe you and some of the others here might have some better ideas than me as to how close they are :)
s

cheers
j

well I've checked again this morning and one of them is ready to go.... mad what a difference 24 hours can make.

Sadly the scope has stopped taking jpegs, so you'll just have to take my word for it. I'll get some glamour shots for posting before I give her the chop later today though :)

Last edited:
Have you considered a ten on fourteen off light schedule for the last bit? It should speed things up.

Back