Jamies' N.H.S Specs

Jamie, you brought it up, so im gonna ask lmao

in your honest opinion, is there much value in following the lunar cycle?

I mean, I know it does have a large effect on many, many things...but is it more a 'peace of mind' kinda thing, or does it make a noticable difference?
From what I know, it seems it would make more of an effect when chopping than at any other point...?

---or, were you not being serious?

it's a fair question mate..

Welsh hill farmers have planted and harvested according to moon cycles for 100's of years mate... Whilst I do NOT believe in horoscopes or how man interprets movement in the skies, I will confess to believing in the moons ability to move bodies of water (example: the oceans) and as plants are made of 90%+ water (like us) I figure there's "something in it" :D

P.S I don't always follow the cycles, but when I have in the past, I had success :)

good luck Jamie,

excellent observation on the Lunar effects. I recommend following them at all times. I have for years for gardening as well as hunting and fishing.
have had great success.

peace

scorpion

Well, the time is at hand :D

The pots are ready. The veg box is ready. Alarm set for 7am (bloody moon ;))... I am ready...

Woohoo...can't WAIT to get these started :D

and we're off...

10 seeds (of 20) were soaked for 24 hours. All sank and one even vacated it's shell entirely, something I've never seen before :) All 10 have been planted straight to medium (coco), I'm really hoping this "brazen" approach to leaving out all the tissue papers, and sponge pots etc pays off :D

Ok, so here's a foto of 10 pots with coco in them... lol... gripping huh?... ok, give it time ;)

happy growing all
j :)

Attachments

• nhs.23.05.09.JPG
    nhs.23.05.09.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 29
subscribed:cool:,
hope all of them NHS soldiers are up and growing real soon for you mate,
strapped in for the grow

peace

Good call, Herb .. ALL soldiers are present and correct and reporting for duty SAH! :D

just checked the babies this morning and we're 10 for 10... here's a post I left at IC with my thoughts on this....

Jamie said:
the news so far... I planted 10 seeds straight to medium after a 24 hour soak... 9 of 10 have broken the surface so far, and there's still plenty of time for the 10th..

2 things I can gather from this so far. Firstly, people who've experianced bad germ rates from MNS seed stock are victim to handling AFTER it's left the seedbanks hands as so far I've seen near 100% germination on ALL test grows so far at the MNS boards on seeds sent directly. Secondly, all that tissue paper, heating pad, sponge pot, riot cube, peat pot stuff... it's a phallacy, designed to get you to spend more cash. I decided to be "brave" and just plant the seeds this time and so far, no regrets :)

Easy J just stoppin by to see how things are,great start with your germ rate and like u say,it dont really matter how u do it,at the end of the day if conditions are right enough they will surive,maybe even the tougher start makes em stronger in some ways,like humans.

heya Herbmister :D

so far so good..

I've been giving them a "baby" dose of 0.5ml A+B 2ml Rhizo and 1ml zym this week, and they seems to be loving it.. I give them that and then pH'd water for 2 days ..

they're sleeping just now, but I'll grab a piccy later :)

Last edited:
they look sound J:)

top job, wats the plans for them? would you do the sog again?

(check out me with all the questions:D)

hows your smoke

well what I found with the screen is that in many ways it has pluses but also a few drawbacks too. If vertical grow space is an issue, or you have minimal penetration, the screen can help massively and in that sense it does work. My own findings were though that my PP in coco under the screen averaged 83g per plant and a PP that was free standing (also in coco) managed 85g.

The free standing plant was also a LOT easier to work with when it needed treating for anything as the ones under the screen just arent accessable enough. So I've decided to try a few runs without the screen and see if I can manage to get the same from a tent full of free standing ones as I did from that single one last round... if I can I won't bother with the screen, but if I can't and it becomes clear that the screen is needed to keep my canopy even, I'll go back to using it :)

For now though, the NHS will be topped and grown "eu naturel" with about a 5 or 6 week veg :)

cheers

not a lot to report this week, except that I'll be bumping the feed to 1ml A+B and on Wednesday (AF crop day) room will become available for them to be potted on to 12 liter pots, if I feel they're ready. If/when that happens they'll then be under 250w of red CFL until being flipped in a few weeks time (12-18 inches)

happy growing all

here's some pics from last night :) not a lot to report as yet, but everything is doing very nicely so far :)

more to follow

Attachments

• NHS1.1.10.06.09.JPG
    NHS1.1.10.06.09.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 13
  • NHS2.1.10.06.09.JPG
    NHS2.1.10.06.09.JPG
    102.1 KB · Views: 11
Hi Jamie

I was reading over some of the NHS testers reports. It seemed BB report has had an issue with hermie plants. IF this was to be anything to do with the strain then I would expect to find others having issues with hermie plants...did you see anything along these lines?

I have a few of the same seed in pots on my terrace and to date only see true female plants. So any feedback would be appreciated...all the best Sb

WOAH Guys - I am so sorry about no being here ... I got Cut OFF ! :(

these are coming down starting Monday - I've been taking fotos along the way so in the next few days expect a MAMMOTH update... no hermies to report from the 5 girls I have (or at least I dont think so, no exterior signs of nannering etc)

damn its good to be on line :D

Last edited:
Time for the first installment of my missing updates... errm... I know what I mean :)

Ok well firstly, as above I'm proper sorry for not being around during the actual grow period for these, but as luck would have it, I'm back just in time for harvest.

Pheno Types
---------------
First thing to note is that I'm now coming up on week 11 of flowering and still havent pulled a plant (see below), even the "Skunk" pheno doesnt look "quite" ready to me (bloody close though - its this week for sure, maybe even today/tomorrow). Besides that one I have 2 haze phenos, I dont know how best to describe them except to say one is a "amnesia haze" shaped pheno with golf balls every where and the other is a more tradtional "donkey dick" pheno, much as I saw in my CBH (which contained SSH). In the case of both of these, they need a bit longer, the "dick" pheno looks like it'll be ready maybe next week (week 12) and the other looks like it might go as long as 4 more weeks - but we'll see, she could start finishing off quickly as I've seen before).

Grow Notes
-------------
Everything was as planned in the page one plan of this thread, but a point to add, the late finishing could protentially be bug/stress related as I've battling bugs (gnats n mites) and heat the whole damn summer long (people kept looking at me funny when I'd say *bloody sunny days **grumble Hrmpff* - but u lot know exactly where I'm coming from) and ultimately I know I lost a lot in yield in other plants I've been running over the same period. That aside, befoe the real heat of the summer set in, these were growing at a fantastic rate, if I were to make any comment on my grow plan though, its that the veg time of 8 weeks was perfect for the skunk pheno, but far too long for the haze phenos, all of which required "supercropping"(read snapping) to make em fit, in ernest, some of them would be 7 foot plus by now were it not for some strategic snapping of limbs

Misc
----------
Of the 10 seeds I initially germinated, I had an even split of 5 girls and 5 boys

And so, here we go with a few pics of the girls AND boys early on (week6 - 2 weeks before flip) here I see 2 pheno types - one broad n skunky leaved and the other slightly skinnier/haze.. these later split themselves into the 3 phenos described above.

Attachments

• NHS week6.jpg
    NHS week6.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 23
  • NHS week6.1.jpg
    NHS week6.1.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Back