Jake gets overwhelmed. Come watch.

Great news Jakester! As you know I have a particular fondness for LaNina so I am interested in your experience. I know you will appreciate the AB also. I did have some Angel's Breath over Thanksgiving along with the NevMango. Best Thanksgiving ever. Only problem I'm facing now going into 2017 is bench space for the ever increasing A-Team. :D

Aloha brah
M

Jake, is your GSC cut the Cookies Fam "Thin Mint' phenotype by any chance?

Whats up there buddy,
Well, my partner picked up the clone at a Dispensary called Kind Love which is regarded as one of the best dispensaries in the state of CO. They told him it was the Forum Cut.... So, no, probably not the original Cookies fam cut.

Nevertheless she is vigorous and has such a beautiful dark green color that I can't help but be excited. Not easy to clone though......

Jake

Great news Jakester! As you know I have a particular fondness for LaNina so I am interested in your experience. I know you will appreciate the AB also. I did have some Angel's Breath over Thanksgiving along with the NevMango. Best Thanksgiving ever. Only problem I'm facing now going into 2017 is bench space for the ever increasing A-Team. :D

Aloha brah
M
Mu, my man,
Your fondness for LaNina is not lost on me brother. Lol. If you say it's good, I'm inclined to believe you!

Sounds like a great Thanksgiving man! Yesterday I smoked out my brother in law at Thanksgiving#2 on some of the Critical Haze I have that is 4+ months cured. He ate half a pumpkin pie. Hehe.

As far as your problem, well sir, I'd say get a longer bench. Mwahahaha!

Take care bro. Go for a swim for me, would ya? I'm really missing the islands. Been too long man, way too long. I remember being a kid and trying to learn to surf on Break Neck Beach. Can't believe my mom let me.

Stay hazed brah!
Jake

Whats up there buddy,
Well, my partner picked up the clone at a Dispensary called Kind Love which is regarded as one of the best dispensaries in the state of CO. They told him it was the Forum Cut.... So, no, probably not the original Cookies fam cut.

Nevertheless she is vigorous and has such a beautiful dark green color that I can't help but be excited. Not easy to clone though......

Jake

Hey yo my man Jake,

Ah yeah?? To be honest I'm not one for mint flavour at all andI only learned of the whole thing when I was doing my research on GSC with all the other companies trying to stake their claim to being either the first one's to breed GSC or that their genetics are the only true GSC.

Bro, answer me something real quick. Are girl scout cookies (the biscuits not the weed) really that nice?

Everywhere I go on the net I read about the 'Thin Mint' phenotype tasting pretty much as close to as identical as the actual cookies themselves and that it is the genetically true GSC and all the other ones are riding on the coattails of its success &:reputation! Exactly the same thing as White Widow/Rhino and the rest of them. What’s your opinion on this whole fiasco my dude?

What’s so tricky/difficult about cloning GSC? Is it a stubborn bastard when it comes to taking root? I’ve been keen to try it out (smoke not grow) but got too dissuaded by all the bullshit out there about who's got the "real cookies" and who hasn't and the fact that if you want the "real deal cookies" then you've got to go through certain dispensaries that have exclusive rights to re-sell the "true" GSC.

May I ask, how does the Alien Rock Candy grow and smoke like?

I had the Platinum cut a while back... low yielding, had some taste but persnickety (didn't LB warn me about this?). The GSC didn't have the power though or the personality- my criteria for persy. Give me NL5/Haze or give me Mango for these. Now these plant spirits provide me with the welcome conversation I am interested in. These are plants with depth. Solid and dependable. Connoisseur comes to mind. Others see me as a snob :D I stand here defiantly proud of this by the way :cool:

BL, GSC chemotype just didn't provide a synergetic healing benefit for me. Can't say how it will benefit anyone else. It certainly has the hype tho based on the "exclusivity." IMJ, more marketing bullshit because some gangster might sing about it or whatever the gimmick du jour is. You've heard of "fake news?" Well, you are right I do not like the whole vibe of this plant and the karma of it all. I guess that's what I don't like about the West Coast scene in general. And then it hermed. End of story and a book I won't reread again.

Aloha brahs
M

Hey yo my man Jake,

Ah yeah?? To be honest I'm not one for mint flavour at all andI only learned of the whole thing when I was doing my research on GSC with all the other companies trying to stake their claim to being either the first one's to breed GSC or that their genetics are the only true GSC.

Bro, answer me something real quick. Are girl scout cookies (the biscuits not the weed) really that nice?

Everywhere I go on the net I read about the 'Thin Mint' phenotype tasting pretty much as close to as identical as the actual cookies themselves and that it is the genetically true GSC and all the other ones are riding on the coattails of its success &:reputation! Exactly the same thing as White Widow/Rhino and the rest of them. What’s your opinion on this whole fiasco my dude?

What’s so tricky/difficult about cloning GSC? Is it a stubborn bastard when it comes to taking root? I’ve been keen to try it out (smoke not grow) but got too dissuaded by all the bullshit out there about who's got the "real cookies" and who hasn't and the fact that if you want the "real deal cookies" then you've got to go through certain dispensaries that have exclusive rights to re-sell the "true" GSC.

May I ask, how does the Alien Rock Candy grow and smoke like?

Dude, girl scout cookies are awesome! The food, not the herb. Lol. They have several different kinds including my favorite, thin mints.
As far as the ganja, well, I've never had a sample that tasted anything like the cookies i buy from the girls in front of the grocery store. Maybe that will change soon, but I doubt it. I'd be happy to ship you a few boxes, not the mint ones though you weirdo. :)

As far as GSC the herb, well, I think it's just another over hyped strain but I am willing to give it the opportunity to prove me wrong.
She has proven to be a very tough rooter. I've tried two rounds now, tried pre soaking the cuttings on this round and it doesn't seem to be helping. I will get some new rooting hormone to see if that's the issue.... As of today I am 0/9 cloning her. I gotta get one to root, the one in veg is getting big and I don't want her to stretch into the light once it's flower time. Cross your fingers for me!

The ARC was a labeling mix up. I ended up getting two GG#4 instead of one and one. I am very disappointed as I was really excited to try the original alien. Oh well, if it's meant to be she'll find a way into my garden.

Alright bro, better go check the clone dome, fingers crossed and wearing my lucky socks!

Stay hazed,
Jake

I had the Platinum cut a while back... low yielding, had some taste but persnickety (didn't LB warn me about this?). The GSC didn't have the power though or the personality- my criteria for persy. Give me NL5/Haze or give me Mango for these. Now these plant spirits provide me with the welcome conversation I am interested in. These are plants with depth. Solid and dependable. Connoisseur comes to mind. Others see me as a snob :D I stand here defiantly proud of this by the way :cool:

BL, GSC chemotype just didn't provide a synergetic healing benefit for me. Can't say how it will benefit anyone else. It certainly has the hype tho based on the "exclusivity." IMJ, more marketing bullshit because some gangster might sing about it or whatever the gimmick du jour is. You've heard of "fake news?" Well, you are right I do not like the whole vibe of this plant and the karma of it all. I guess that's what I don't like about the West Coast scene in general. And then it hermed. End of story and a book I won't reread again.

Aloha brahs
M

Lol. Musashi, I hope my experience is better than yours.... If not- well, got a fridge full of plan B's.
What a luxury to have such a nice plan b...and c....and d......

Stay hazed,
Jake

It's all good

...What a luxury to have such a nice plan b...and c....and d...

That's the beauty of it eh? We have all these choices that add to our individual experience. It's great that so many are then willing to chime in to add to the collective. And thank God most speak and sometimes argue on here but they rarely descend to childish ad hominums as observed all too often on other sites.
In other words glad to know you braddahs. :D

Shaka brah
M

Quick update:

Hello MNS family!
Good to see this place hopping! :)

Here's a quick rundown of how things are progressing(no pics until I get my PC fixed, sorry)

GSC went into flower yesterday(both cuttings showing roots) she is in a 5 gallon bucket of heavily amended Happy Frog and is about 2 1/2 feet tall from soil.

Gorilla Glue girls got several bamboo stakes today and Lemon Skunk is thoroughly LST'd with several flower tops developing. Both varieties are progressing fabulously.
Koala Berry shrub is a sloppy mess, but is stacking and making tons of ping ping or golf ball sized buds. Looks to be quick as usual.

Today I took cuttings of: Sour D, Ghost Train Haze, Presidential OG, "White Widow", Koala Berry, all three La Nina's. I am trying CloneX gel on these cuttings to see if I can gain a little speed in rooting time. It is worth noting that I paid twice what I pay for powdered hormone and only got enough for a single clone session..... My expectations are high. If these suckers aren't showing roots in a week flat I will happily go buy more "cheap" (3$) rooting hormone and have it last another year.

Angel Breath Seedlings are doing well, still in starter cups and on their 3rd true leaf sets. Both look much more Sativa than the la Nina did at this stage. Excited!!

That's all for now!

Stay Hazed,
Jake

I share your excitement brah. You've got a lot to be excited about. What a flurry of activity. You've got some good variation and I can't wait to hear of your experiences when harvest rolls around.

Cool runnin brah
M

Thanks for the words of encouragement there Musashi.
It sure is an exciting line up. I'll be adding 6 of the Z6 soon enough... What are you running now?

Okay, new business:
Both of the Gorilla Glue #4 threw some pollen sacks on lower flowering sites. I was cleaning up the undergrowth and sucker shoots and spotted them, sure am glad I decided to do that. I would have had a room full of fem seeds. Yuck.
I don't know why they are going herm, they are the picture of health and are growing fantastically. Definitely not stressed to any noticeable level.
I will be checking both every day to watch for new pods. Cross your fingers for me...

The Angel Breath Seedlings were transplanted into one gallon pots last night.

I'm going to transplant the La Nina's into 3 gallon pots and flower soon after the cuttings root. I should mention that all the LN plants were topped to take cuts, waiting for the side shoots to explode. Early sexing looks like two females and one male. Hope that's correct.
I was looking at L33ts La Nina thread last night and got all worked up again. Seriously can't wait to sample this variety. :D

Off to melt some ISO hash and watch the snow fall down.

Stay Hazed all!
Jake

Last edited:
hi jake
hope you dont mind me pulling up a stool as you grabbed my interest when the worlds angles breath was brought up and i really do look forward to seeing you do them justice as i have a pack of these begging to be popped but being a haze master and having 4 packs of nevs mango haze in the fridge i went for those instead

keep it up dude

...What are you running now?...

Right now 12/12 NH, NMH, MH, MM, SD. On deck Ortega, pre98 Bubba, MW. For outside, we've launched Shit and Nordle and are beginning the selection process for spring. One big happy family :D

Cool runnin braddah
M

hi jake
hope you dont mind me pulling up a stool as you grabbed my interest when the worlds angles breath was brought up and i really do look forward to seeing you do them justice as i have a pack of these begging to be popped but being a haze master and having 4 packs of nevs mango haze in the fridge i went for those instead

keep it up dude

I'm happy to have you following along!
Please keep us posted on what you find out of that wonderful gene pool.

Thanks for popping in HM.

Jake

Right now 12/12 NH, NMH, MH, MM, SD. On deck Ortega, pre98 Bubba, MW. For outside, we've launched Shit and Nordle and are beginning the selection process for spring. One big happy family :D

Cool runnin braddah
M
Holy smokes. Hell of a nice lineup!
I knew you wouldn't disappoint.

When do you put plants outside? Ive gotta wait until the end of April over here.

Keep at it!
Jake

Yeh, nice lineup Musashi Bro :D

Outdoor... how I wish I could grow outdoor as well ...

Hope in 5 years or so I can begin getting what I found until then acclimated to the outdoors here.

I really think the most valuable breeding work begins when you acclimate your strains to your local outdoor environment.

One day ...

Happy days braddahs! More seeds. Just found the Ortega/Strawberry Banana cross I did last year.
Should I pop em? Best stupid question of the day. No hesitation here, gonna have to make more room.

Aloha nui
M

Back