Is there any way to know if a pheno is high CBD low THC without lab test?

Broseidon

Hey there Bros and Brodettes,

title kind of says it all.

After reading sysadmins report, it really got me thinking if there is any way to know if you have a high CBD pheno without lab tests.

I have never smoked a strain labeled "CBD" and have no point of reference.

Also do not currently wish to buy any more seeds and do not have the CBD therapy in my bank. Only Z8xAH from the hampers and was hoping I can find a high CBD pheno in there.

Any infos/hints/tips are appreciated.

Stay frosty Bros.

Hi Mr B...its been awhile
I would have a guess that you have already come across this info but...
I have heard people reporting that within particular lines the high cbd plants exhibit certain traits such as a particular aroma. Another showed a difference in the colour of the trichomes. I understand these are subjective observations but they were backed up with testing in these instances. You can buy a relatively cheap test kit that can indicte the presence of cbd to...the name eludes me atm...ask the mighty g it knows all

Hey! interesting question!! The only think I can say is that when you make hash from well ripened "cbd rich" strains it is more gluey and dark than usual "thc" strains. It compacts better and it is preserved better. the natural form of cbd is a cristal instead of thc that is in oil form in the plant. If you have a sticky pheno instead of an oily one it is pretty sure there is a good amount of cbd. Ancient hash like temple balls or afghan black contained at least 7-8% cbd in them and that was why the old world hash was soft(thc oil form)) but very sticky(cbd cristal form) at the same time.

I think when I see those videos of americans and canadians conserving their 25 to 125 micron hash in a freezer because it is high thc hash and it does not stay in compact. To a normal temperature their hashes will loose all terpens and flavours because there is a big oily thc component in it and will evaporate in 2 hours or 4. If you have hash made from landraces especially from the east asia(minimum 4% cbd) the hash can be pressed with the hands and can stay for days or weeks...even months before completely dry. I've Always thought to that and for me the cbd ratio is the key. there are a lot of CSC in spain receiving maroccan hash in freezer containers because if that hash stays for a week or two to temperature room it will become a sand! that happened because in the last 15 years almost all kief growers in Morocco have changed the "original maroccan land race" with more productive ibrids from europe . With the appearance of hundreds of seed banks in spain in the last 10 years it was very simle for growers in Morocco to have acces to cheap hybrids from spanish breeders enthusiastich to test their genetics outdoor.

good luck my friend!

what I wanted to say about maroccan hash is that now is is very very rich in thc but near to 0 of cbd . European Hybrids are very low in cbd and this is well known. Hybrids in general are very low in cbd.

what I wanted to say about moroccan hash is that now is is very very rich in thc but near to 0 of cbd . European Hybrids are very low in cbd and this is well known. Hybrids in general are very low in cbd.

the hash ive seen in holland, that got tested from morocco, was "relativly" high in cbd, compared to dutch hybrids , which are most below 1 % cbd

here you can take a look for yourself:
Online Amsterdam Coffeeshop Menus
and an example for the siberie:
Coffeeshop Siberie
im sure there are even more tests for you to find

If you have a sticky pheno instead of an oily one it is pretty sure there is a good amount of cbd.

nope, stickiness and/or oilyness arent pointers to cbd, they dont have any correlation, sorry

the link that PMB provided was also my 1st initial taught

The hash that I see here in spain in the CSCs is made by europeans that bought lands in Morocco aftrer the 90's. Lands out of the Rif region that is controlled by locals.

They plant Holland or USA hybrids to have a lot more bud and resin and make hash with hundreds of washing mashines if you know what I'm talking about.
In most hybrids cbd is 0.5% to 0.8% so the hash do not rest compact for long time once pressed because there is too much thc compared to cbd. They ship the hash in refrigerated containers. this is truth. come in spain and see by yourself if you don't believe me.

The hash smells and tastes like normal maroccan hash because you know...the land..the hearth of Morocco tend to uniform crops even if you have the best genetics. What I mean is that a OG cream and a skunk cream tend to be very similar once planted in North-west africa.

In holland there is a long tradition of old maroccan hash provided from the same families of the 80's in the Rif region; they use old ketama and Pakistani genetics to make hash. Maroccan landace for early harvest in june/july , Pakistani for the end season. This is the hash with 3 to 8% cbd and stays compact and creamy for months once pressed, and this is the one you find in holland , France, Italy and a lot of places in Spain.

If you have ever made at least 3-4kilos of hash you just know that the cbd content is pretty important to the duration of the stickyness of the end product.

Cbd have a natural form of a cristal, thc is an oil. If you press cristals and oils you'll obtain hash that is compact and durable if you press oil you just make an hash that will be completely dry in a week or so.
try to make at least 1 kilo of hash from only oily hybryd phenos and let me say.
If you want to preserve high thc hash you need to cook it with a certain method known by pakistani people that works the fields for the maroccans.

If you smoke the hash from the hybrids made from europeans like the last OG kush cream that I got you just feel so high that you start to sweat, if you know what I mean. No relax, no peacefull thoughts after the smoke.. you just feel totally worn. You need to eat and sleep.

Cbd have a natural form of a cristal, thc is an oil.

nope

there is no THC within the plant , but THCa , until its decarbed, and THCa builds a crystaline structure

simply said, there is just so much more - volume wise - going on within the tric globe than just cbd alone, terps, waxes, lipids, esters, sugars, proteins, and what the fuck else not ...

Certainly not my area of expertise.... but Deran don't some of the traditional hash making techniques use heat and or steam to press the hash? This would result in decarboxylation of the outer layers resulting in the sealing of the blocks in the manner in which Polarstar describes?
Deran you are right in saying that there is alot going on inside of a trichome...hearing extractionists talk about their craft can make the head of a novice spin...
Im still a sucker for traditional hash though....mmm
Im intrigued...

Last edited:
Fond memories of the Afghani, Pakastani, Nepalese, Lebanese, and Moroccan hash sampled while in Germany and Amsterdam back in '71. It was readily available and the predominate smoke back then with bagged leaf/bud being virtually non-existent and costly. Testament to the power of the dollar back then, minimum 30-100g hashish purchases were $.50 cents/g on the high side. Way back then the hash in those stamped bags was sublime, that is, before wars and politicians fucked it all up...

Aloha
M

Certainly not my area of expertise.... but Deran don't some of the traditional hash making techniques use heat and or steam to press the hash? This would result in decarboxylation of the outer layers resulting in the sealing of the blocks in the manner in which Polarstar describes?
Deran you are right in saying that there is alot going on inside of a trichome...hearing extractionists talk about their craft can make the head of a novice spin...
Im still a sucker for traditional hash though....mmm
Im intrigued...

yep thats true, there is actually a tube video from afghanistan showing how the hash "saucer" gets heated up on a gas burning stove .. im sure youve seen that video, there is surely a partial decarbing process going on
but lets take a step backwards .. have you ever put water inside your collected trichomes to press hash ? certainly not ! .. so why is this happening? only 1 reason comes to my mind:

- the sieved material is of inferior quality and wont stick / lump together on its own
(thats also a a lesson from a moroccan farmer in the documentary from Daniel : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG4T7eyLHPA , be patient and look a bit further as you will find versions of this movie on english language as well, or at least with english subtitles) ... RECOMMENDED !!!! ... as its something most wont ever see in their life, behind the curtain movie, showing hard survival of humans and plants)

so we are dealing here with upgradements, hacks and tricks to screw the buyer (you!) ... dont forget, good quality will always stick together on its own, as per se, thc and thca are glues .. or you are aware of any concentrate that wont stick together .. yes wax or earwax or how its called will too when pressing it with your fingers .. and so on ...
so im not a big fan of heating .. and pressing is also only done, to compress volume for trafficking / smuggling ... the farmers keep their stash unpressed until the moment that they roll a fatty , or at least the ones ive seen , on other continents where charas is your good to go, its also a on the go technique ... your drive in method , no materials needed, a drop of water and some heat needed is also from charas rubbers hacks, as in the wilderness you dont have many options to choose from, compared to a farmer who has a handful of fields each with a handful of strains, in the wild you have the plants that you find, with the quality that they give, give it or take it .. so better anything (with water and heat) than nothing to smoke ... of course best malana cream wont see nor fire nor water in its life ! compared to the so called black border paki, thats filled with adulterants and crap n shit, yuck !
if you understand my train of thoughts, its hard for me to compare and judge apples with oranges , good hash / sived material, with low grade hacked hash ...
both will make you high .. lol ...
on the other hand, on a microscopic level, there is also water present in the trichome head ...
my head is already spinning ... i need a bong break ! :D

The hash that I see here in spain in the CSCs is made by europeans that bought lands in Morocco aftrer the 90's. Lands out of the Rif region that is controlled by locals.

They plant Holland or USA hybrids to have a lot more bud and resin and make hash with hundreds of washing mashines if you know what I'm talking about.
In most hybrids cbd is 0.5% to 0.8% so the hash do not rest compact for long time once pressed because there is too much thc compared to cbd. They ship the hash in refrigerated containers. this is truth. come in spain and see by yourself if you don't believe me.

The hash smells and tastes like normal maroccan hash because you know...the land..the hearth of Morocco tend to uniform crops even if you have the best genetics. What I mean is that a OG cream and a skunk cream tend to be very similar once planted in North-west africa.

In holland there is a long tradition of old maroccan hash provided from the same families of the 80's in the Rif region; they use old ketama and Pakistani genetics to make hash. Maroccan landace for early harvest in june/july , Pakistani for the end season. This is the hash with 3 to 8% cbd and stays compact and creamy for months once pressed, and this is the one you find in holland , France, Italy and a lot of places in Spain.

If you have ever made at least 3-4kilos of hash you just know that the cbd content is pretty important to the duration of the stickyness of the end product.

Cbd have a natural form of a cristal, thc is an oil. If you press cristals and oils you'll obtain hash that is compact and durable if you press oil you just make an hash that will be completely dry in a week or so.
try to make at least 1 kilo of hash from only oily hybryd phenos and let me say.
If you want to preserve high thc hash you need to cook it with a certain method known by pakistani people that works the fields for the maroccans.

If you smoke the hash from the hybrids made from europeans like the last OG kush cream that I got you just feel so high that you start to sweat, if you know what I mean. No relax, no peacefull thoughts after the smoke.. you just feel totally worn. You need to eat and sleep.

G `day PS

I think you will find its the other way round with harvest dates of Maroc and Paki .
Paki flowers earlier than the trad Maroc . Thats why they brought it to Maroc . More crops in the season .

Hash is not an indigenous culture before the late 60s . Trad Maroc smoke was bud mixed with strong tobacco . Hash making was brought by foreigners .
So 40 years later they are realising there is more money to be made from quality rather than quantity .

Maroc eggs were nice decent bang per buck . But far from mind blowingly potent .

Maroc eggs were nice decent bang per buck . But far from mind blowingly potent .

sometimes so othertimes not so

its just a transportation form

the farmer we used to buy from, didnt trusted 1st time buyers ...
so each visit after our first meeting, the eggs got better and better quality

we sent once our friends to the farmer, where we were buying already for 3 years in a row,a couple of times per year, and the friends came back with inferior quality than we were used to (get) from him ... a couple of months later, with their next visit, the eggs were what we expected: top notch sativa psychodelic cut trough high, eggs hard as granite, silvergrey in color on the inside, black on the outside, soft like jelly after 5 mins in your palms

quality that got sold for 20 bucks a gram, while normal stuff was 10 bucks a gram, even back in the 90s

elmer

im sure that the pakis arent faster in morocco than their own exstinct landrace ... which is already cut in june / july, multiple harvests, bc paki is harvested in august / september, so they have 2 main harvest waves, landrace in summer, paki in fall so to speak
with additional "waves" inbetween depending on location, up high dry or down stoned wet

I have a z7 pheno, high CBD low THC (i know Because it as been tested, around 8% CBD / 4% THC). i have a pollinator, i made some hash with this z7. I was amazed because the hash is so gluey and dark vs other high THC strain. I have made pollinator hash with hundreds thc strains before, and i never had such a hash. It was looking as a temple afghan that i bought in Maastricht that was especially gluey, almost liquid in the bag at body temperature.

So maybe yes it could be so gluey and black because of the high CBD content. It should be interested to know how looks Harlequin's hash or another high CBD hash strain.

The book, Marijuana Potency by Michael Starks ($10 shipped on Abe Books online) has a good list of landrace Cannabis strains and the ratio of CBD and THC in them. Lebanese typically has a 1:1 ratio of CBD to THC. Lebanese has a lot of hemp genes in it, and according to Philos Galaxy is not closely related to any other strains that they have tested. Lebanese is typically made into hashish, but I grow it and smoke it as bud. Has a lemon-floral flavor to it. No way to tell if a plant is higher in CBD from a group of them growing though. I breed my landraces IBL to keep them 'pure'. The Lebanese throws two phenos, a sativa and an indica. But they smoke and taste the same.

Last edited:
I think that it is still better to try the option with traditional testing methods, such as hair testing. Cannabis use is detected by hair tests and is usually included in a standard hair test. Hair tests usually take the most recent 1.5 inches of growth and use them for testing. This provides a detection period of approximately 90 days. If the individual's hair is shorter than 1.5 inches, this detection period will be shorter. The detection window for testing cannabis body hair will be longer because body hair grows more slowly than head hair and distorts the detection time frame. Hair drug testing measures the original marijuana metabolite embedded in the hair shaft and eliminates external contamination as the source of the positive result. The detection window for testing hair for cannabis drugs can be as low as 1 PG / mg. I Want to tell you my story about how I passed this test. I used to Health Canal of CBD , because I suffered from constant depression and headaches. I was worried that they would find out and it would be very bad. But oddly enough, this product was not identified. I was surprised.

Last edited:
Back