In Search of the Holy Grail

After a decent cure, I am wondering how this will compare to NH and The Doors, even the BDM. She's been hangin on the dry line since the 10th; she was initially keeping me busy this morning before wisking me away. I'm finding dumb shit extra funny today.

Holy Grail #5
View attachment 51025

🤙Mu
I hope it won't be as relaxing as the Doors. I tried some low branch buds and some not to worth of cure. Its euphoric for sure and don't have indica genetics much. I 'm not sure is it as potent as the doors, that I ate easily too much and then laying and thinking stucked in my bed? I looked it with microscope and didn't find many of amper trichomes, so its thc bomb for sure. Mine flavor like Rio Cola icecream sticks from the childhood and bubblegum when growing. Now I find some cherry flavors at least and earthy peppery tones. Not the typical flavors from a cannabis plant for sure.

Hi All

got to say Mu the camera and photos you are using are excellent and really enjoyed reviewing this thread so thanks for the information and documentation....now if only we could add a digital scratch and sniff app, think we would be all over at your house to party....all the best Sb

A digital scratch and sniff app, yes!! 20 years ago all of us thought legalization would be out of reach and look at where we are now. I'm sure such an app will be possible at some point.
And it would be a great addition to the Telegrass app (X-mass promo video over here -> they should've added "Holy Grail" to the last slide imho). Instead of just getting pictures of the stash, one can also smell it through his/her phone before deciding to purchase some.

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

I have been evaluating, going down the line (dryline) last week. HS #4 was Tues. and HG #5 on Wed. Followed by HG#4 & #1. #3 finished up the week.

The Holy Grail #4 as well as #1, were the first to mature. Of moderate size, both were columnar in shape but lacked stem strength requiring support early on. Because of this, they will not be part of the selection. I did roll up some of the Holy Grail #4 before doing a transplant of the HG clones. I got in about 5 tokes and then proceeded to get pots and soil together for the transplant. An alarm went off on my new laptop as I turned the hot water on to wash the pots. 20 minutes later, I realized that the hot water was still running and I’m still on the computer, DOH. While the transplant finally got done, not much else did besides tending to my sweet tooth.

inhale danger euphoria copy.jpg

I cautiously tried a few puffs of the #1 and while not as intensely trippy, it still gets you to do things that are fun causing you to forget the task at hand. The #3 set me to flying once again. She has a subtle, sweet smell as she stairsteps you higher and higher. What will she be like after a cure? And the #4, another example of getting rid of a killer plant because of failing structure and modest size and yet always difficult to follow L. Burbank as I wanna keep em all and give all a good home.

It’s not just me. A dear braddah stopped by Saturday to catch his breath after having a new son come into this world; the resulting sleepless nights. He shared the baby pictures while I rolled him some of the new stuff. Same thing happens; setting things down and forgetting, starting another joint and finding the other unfinished one in the ashtray. Hilarious. He did leave with his hands full of clones and a big smile on his face. What are friends for lol?

I am real bummed that my old laptop blew up taking my “whole plant” pics down with it. I'll be sure to get some this next go round. At least I got some bud shots processed and uploaded.

New and improved? A Neville’s Haze killer? It is too early to tell but she is another excellent contender as far as connoisseur sativas are concerned and will probably have a permanent home here alongside the Neville’s.

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

On the line for 3 weeks now, it’s time to try the Holy Grail #3 again. I took this bud off the lowest branch the other day. Smelling initially of pinene on the grind but as it settles, I think more limonene (juniper) overtones. She is certainly very uplifting, a positive mood changer. It’s a warm feeling; a warm breeze that slides through your wingtips as you soar! I will not be surprised when after a decent cure, she comes on in an even more powerful and trippier way.

hg#3 5_13.jpg

Speaking of soaring, I discovered this raptor the other day
philippine-eagle-Pithecophaga-jefferyi.jpg
Haring Ibon - Philippine Eagle

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

On the line for 3 weeks now, it’s time to try the Holy Grail #3 again. I took this bud off the lowest branch the other day. Smelling initially of pinene on the grind but as it settles, I think more limonene (juniper) overtones. She is certainly very uplifting, a positive mood changer. It’s a warm feeling; a warm breeze that slides through your wingtips as you soar! I will not be surprised when after a decent cure, she comes on in an even more powerful and trippier way.

View attachment 51271

Speaking of soaring, I discovered this raptor the other day
View attachment 51272

🤙Mu
Beautiful bud. Also that is one sharp looking eagle, has a beautiful crown. Great grow mu, do you have any plans to do the grail widow in the future. I'd like to see what you could do with those too. Enjoy your harverst.

philippine-eagle-Pithecophaga-jefferyi.jpg

cool pic you got lucky lol.!

Aloha everyone!

As I mentioned in an earlier HS thread, the males started acting up. I guess they didn't like being sequestered; crowded in the bathroom in small pots lol. As I was saying, I am crowded. I had hoped to start another strain alongside the HG and HS. The seeds have not arrived yet. Meanwhile, the tallest haze in the room is already 54" and they are still in veg requiring an adjustment on my part. I foresee repotting to larger pots and letting them go. I'm guessin I'll end up with some ten footers this round hahahaha. because of ID space considerations, I will eliminate the male #2 due to lankiness and plan to use the #1 male this round to make some seed. Male #1 will get a haircut and some thinning. He'll be kept indoors in hopes he will revert and then join alongside the females. If he still can't control his urges, he will also be set outside and cuts will be taken after he goes back trifoliate.

hg grp 5_16.jpg
Holy Grail group- round 2

HG male1 5_16.jpg
Holy Grail male #1

hg male2 5_16.jpg
Holy Grail male #2

🤙Mu

Help! I’ve fallen down and can’t get up!

I recently had a couple of out of town experts come spend the evening with me to help in identifying the unique smell of this Holy Grail #3. Armed with bud from the 2nd node, we proceeded to “get small.” Talk about bogarting! This couple got a little carried away and before you know it, they got so small they couldn’t open the bottle to do the smell test with me. I ended up doing the comparison by myself. Ain’t that always the case when you rely on those so called out-of-town experts? Lucky for me I was still able to open the bottle, being the size of a leprechaun by then. It is indeed the rainbow we speak of.

frank expert 5_17.jpg

🤙Mu

Help! I’ve fallen down and can’t get up!

I recently had a couple of out of town experts come spend the evening with me to help in identifying the unique smell of this Holy Grail #3. Armed with bud from the 2nd node, we proceeded to “get small.” Talk about bogarting! This couple got a little carried away and before you know it, they got so small they couldn’t open the bottle to do the smell test with me. I ended up doing the comparison by myself. Ain’t that always the case when you rely on those so called out-of-town experts? Lucky for me I was still able to open the bottle, being the size of a leprechaun by then. It is indeed the rainbow we speak of.

View attachment 51340

🤙Mu
You can tell your smoking some good sh#t.

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Ooh that smell!
Personally it is difficult to put so much onto a single trait like leaf traits...as this does not reflect the other traits very well generally. Glad to see people delving into theories and ideas, but both Nevil and I never used a plant that went to more than 16 weeks flower in breeding. We also know that HzC male instils a particular aroma to a strain and this is one of its strongest traits. In fact if you do crack alot of seed of any of the major sativas we at MNS produce, you will smell a more common trait than see one...but leaf traits in such strains as G13 really do stand out as dominant traits the mother passes on for example.....all the best Sb

Terpinolene/pinene in the air as I begin to bottle. Sticky pine sap smell on fingers from handling stems. The smell is the common trait. The smell, flavor, and high- without the intersex problems and without the need to extend time of florescence. I'm of the opinion that Nevil and Shanti brought out the best of the haze in a 16 week plant. Spicy exhale, nose tingling, two-toke stuff and absolutely top shelf. I know others are growing this and am eager to hear their POV.
haze to cure 5_19.jpg

🤙Mu

Back