In Search of the Holy Grail

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Happy New Year! It has been 2 days since going into 5 gallon pots. So far 5 females have comes forward out of 10 Holy Grail plants. Lights were further reduced to 15 hrs. in an effort to coax any remaining females out of the undeclared bunch. The plants continue their transformation adding height and putting out new biomass. I like growing from seed. However, with existing clones, there is the ability to shorten one's grow time by bypassing some of the time required in germinating seeds. Of course, when embarking on a new adventure it begins at square one. It's quite the trick to time plants to show sex and up potting the females while still at a manageble size before the explosive growth that comes from their full-on flowering cycle. As I am not interested in cloning the males, I eliminate them through this process as soon as possible so I don't up pot them which saves soil and space. Typically taking 8-11 weeks in veg to show sex and to get them to produce decent clone material; lighting, pot size, nutrient blend, etc. all play a part. The problem is plants are ready to transplant in 6 weeks because of size. These are some of the disadvantages of growing inside with limited space considerations. As @Islandgrower mentioned, there is a short window to clone at the beginning of the flower cycle. If I can't accomplish cloning in the veg cycle, I try to clone as early as possible in the flower cycle as this type of clone does take longer to stabilize, having to revert back to veg. Hope I'm halfway coherent in explanation here as I have been puffing some Curandera (SD x MedMan) this morning.

hg_hs_grpshot 1_1_21.jpg

hg 1_1_21.jpg

While on the subject of sativa, the Back Door Man (NH x Doors) I grew recently is dynamite! I am already anticipating better in the Holy Grail. Doubling up on the Haze C can only result in more goodness and more euphoria. Looking for a space suit to go with this Holy Grail grow right now lol.

🤙Mu

Happy New Year! It has been 2 days since going into 5 gallon pots. So far 5 females have comes forward out of 10 Holy Grail plants. Lights were further reduced to 15 hrs. in an effort to coax any remaining females out of the undeclared bunch. The plants continue their transformation adding height and putting out new biomass. I like growing from seed. However, with existing clones, there is the ability to shorten one's grow time by bypassing some of the time required in germinating seeds. Of course, when embarking on a new adventure it begins at square one. It's quite the trick to time plants to show sex while still at a manageble size before the explosive growth that comes from their full-on flowering cycle. Typically taking 8-11 weeks in veg to get them to produce decent clone material; lighting, pot size, nutrient blend, etc. all play a part. The problem is plants are ready to transplant in 6 weeks because of size. These are some of the disadvantages of growing inside with limited space considerations. As @Islandgrower mentioned, there is a short window to clone at the beginning of the flower cycle. If I can't accomplish cloning in the veg cycle, I try to clone as early as possible in the flower cycle as this type of clone does take longer to stabilize, having to revert back to veg. Hope I'm halfway coherent in explanation here as I have been puffing some Curandera (SD x MedMan) this morning.

View attachment 48752

View attachment 48753

While on the subject of sativa, the Back Door Man (NH x Doors) I grew recently is dynamite! I am already anticipating better in the Holy Grail. Doubling up on the Haze C can only result in more goodness and more euphoria. Looking for a space suit to go with this Holy Grail grow right now lol.

🤙Mu
Looking great bro and within 3 weeks my flowering medman clone have already begun vegetative growth. 20201227_163032_compress41.jpgso it may not be as long as you may think.

Aloha!

I hear you @Islandgrower. IME, those delicate sativas in flower can take a little longer to bounce back compared to indies. Most clones in veg state can respond in as little as 10 days. 3 weeks can be a long time when one has back to back grows to consider. And the MedMan- I don't think I've met a more vigorous plant lol. A super variety IMO. Good luck with them brah.

🤙Mu

Aloha!

I hear you @Islandgrower. IME, those delicate sativas in flower can take a little longer to bounce back compared to indies. Most clones in veg state can respond in as little as 10 days. 3 weeks can be a long time when one has back to back grows to consider. And the MedMan- I don't think I've met a more vigorous plant lol. A super variety IMO. Good luck with them brah.

🤙Mu
What smells do you know of in the medman lineup . I am terrible at breaking down smells . I am just str8 fruity ,candy, skunky and not sure what is hazy . I've heard leathery..... I know hashy ,I have some Moroccan seeds I am guessing some type of hash plant . Grew 2 ladies and the smoke is hash. Like you load up a joint with some of the best Moroccan hash but didnt lol

It’ll be 8 weeks tomorrow since starting this grow; time to take the governor off and put pedal to the metal. Lights got changed to 12.5/11.5 today. I ran them at 14 hours for a week and couldn’t tease anymore females out of the bunch. Out of the two strains, the Holy Smoke was a bit more hesitant. The last minute ones will show within a week now. And a good chance that the rest are male, ratio wise. Unfortunately, I am so out of room that I won’t be keeping any males this round. I’m still twisted up about it and reserve the right to change my mind ha. In the meantime, I will take clones from the females though because there’s some "high dollar sportin’ gals" in the crowd.

grp hs hg 1_13.jpg

Get ready for some explosive growth with both varieties as they are looking very strong. Already, the stems are impressive; large and very sturdy. They are producing lots of new leaf surface, and while the delay was somewhat intentional knowing my numbers were lower thus affording larger plants, I may have underestimated their potential. I just might end up with a room full of ooze- resin that is :)

hg 1_21.jpg

While not as fragrant, the Holy Grail are slightly more upright. I get the feeling they are going to be scary beautiful in a few months.

🤙Mu

Happy New Year! It has been 2 days since going into 5 gallon pots. So far 5 females have comes forward out of 10 Holy Grail plants. Lights were further reduced to 15 hrs. in an effort to coax any remaining females out of the undeclared bunch. The plants continue their transformation adding height and putting out new biomass. I like growing from seed. However, with existing clones, there is the ability to shorten one's grow time by bypassing some of the time required in germinating seeds. Of course, when embarking on a new adventure it begins at square one. It's quite the trick to time plants to show sex and up potting the females while still at a manageble size before the explosive growth that comes from their full-on flowering cycle. As I am not interested in cloning the males, I eliminate them through this process as soon as possible so I don't up pot them which saves soil and space. Typically taking 8-11 weeks in veg to show sex and to get them to produce decent clone material; lighting, pot size, nutrient blend, etc. all play a part. The problem is plants are ready to transplant in 6 weeks because of size. These are some of the disadvantages of growing inside with limited space considerations. As @Islandgrower mentioned, there is a short window to clone at the beginning of the flower cycle. If I can't accomplish cloning in the veg cycle, I try to clone as early as possible in the flower cycle as this type of clone does take longer to stabilize, having to revert back to veg. Hope I'm halfway coherent in explanation here as I have been puffing some Curandera (SD x MedMan) this morning.

View attachment 48752

View attachment 48753

🤙Mu

We used to start nh in 12/12 back in the day. The plants would still veg and grow huge for quite awhile before even beginning to flower. Which used to give us plenty of time to take clones before the commencement of flowering.
Beautiful growing and plants tho Musashi, its nice to see your pictures and be apart of your hobby in progress on the site. Im sure just like they do me, they bring a bit of joy to every one else aswell in these troubled times. Thanks Musashi.

The girls are 9 weeks in the dirt now. Lights were switched to 12/12 yesterday. They were at 12.5 the week before. Up potted a little over 3 weeks ago at 20”, many of the Holy Grail average 44” now. I am very impressed with the thick, solid stems that are present on both varieties; so far, requiring no support. Leaves are firm and healthy, nodes are nicely spaced with side branches now developing many flower sites. I will finish trimming up the bottoms tomorrow now that it appears the clones have rooted and there is no further need for additional material. Everyone is adjusting well to the current nutrient regimen and additionally, they have had several prophylactic sprays already.

grp hs hg 1_23.jpg
Holy Grails (lit up) in the front

holy grail 1_23.jpg
Holy Grail with lots of lower sativa branching

🤙 Mu

The girls are 9 weeks in the dirt now. Lights were switched to 12/12 yesterday. They were at 12.5 the week before. Up potted a little over 3 weeks ago at 20”, many of the Holy Grail average 44” now. I am very impressed with the thick, solid stems that are present on both varieties; so far, requiring no support. Leaves are firm and healthy, nodes are nicely spaced with side branches now developing many flower sites. I will finish trimming up the bottoms tomorrow now that it appears the clones have rooted and there is no further need for additional material. Everyone is adjusting well to the current nutrient regimen and additionally, they have had several prophylactic sprays already.

View attachment 49188
Holy Grails (lit up) in the front

View attachment 49189
Holy Grail with lots of lower sativa branching

🤙 Mu
Love that photo, the lighting

Now is when I start to get excited. Plants are getting spaced out in the room and lights raised to nearly max height. Plant bottoms are all trimmed up. The plants are becoming more defined, perfectly spaced nodes and bud sites popping up everywhere! Humidity in the room is stabilizing and odors are coming into play. LST; plants are getting bent and staked. LED lateral lighting is being added to the mix. Big strong stalks remind me of my prudence in limiting to 5 gallon pots. The morphology is amazing! The mana is strong!

Her majesty!
holy grail 1_30.jpg

🤙Mu

Aloha fellow Firewalkers

12 weeks from seed and progressing past their veg state, they are now focused on reproduction. Slowly ripening flowers with some already frosting, though a week or two behind the HS. 3 basic structures. The viny ones I keep bending but they continue to lengthen and shoot upwards. Same with the viny HS. Glad for the clones I have. I did keep the males BTW ;)

Holy Grail5 2_6.jpgHoly Grail5a 2_6.jpg
Holy Grail #5

Holy Grail 2_6.jpg
Holy Grail #2

Holy Grail3 2_6.jpg
Holy Grail #3

🤙Mu

Back