In Search of the Holy Grail

Aloha braddahs!

As with the Holy Smoke, 10 seeds of Holy Grail were started last night. Slightly smaller in size. Uniform color; a pale, almost pearlescent yellow camel tan with an occasional dot here and there. I am especially interested in this overweighted NH breeding with the prolific AC male.

The Holy Grail can mean a lot of different things to just about everyone in this room. However, the intent of this thread is to experience the growing of a seed created by Shanti called Holy Grail. I would like to see if I can recapture that Holy Grail moment in this newest variety. I’ve had the seeds in the fridge for several weeks now. It’s time to give them a look see.

It has been 24 hrs of soaking in a hydrous solution of kelp and bleach. They'll be put in soil tomorrow morning as we enter this new quarter.

🤙
Mu

Good luck with your grow @musashi !

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I'm very keen to see what comes of the seed @shantibaba has named 'Holy Grail'. I have some on the way but that will be a New Year prospect for me unfortunately.

I know HG has been in the works for some time and I didn't see any testers go out so it seems SB has put in the time and is quietly confident about this one (y)

@Mark thanks for the kind words braddah! I hope you'll post your grow of HG. I have appreciated many of @shantibaba's offerings. Much respect for the man who walks his talk. I am certainly intrigued by the HG and HS offerings and look forward to what I may find. Smoking some Neville's Haze this weekend reinforced my preference for hazes. NH is the best as it makes everything so much more enjoyable. But I gotta say the HS made with the Afghan Haze just sounds like an awesome variety too. I am sold on the AC male. If I can increase yields all the better.
And it really is too bad that we couldn't get testers for these new varieties. It was so much fun when many members were testing the G13 series at the same time; sharing their observations and discoveries. I think you are right though, Shanti is quietly confident about these new offerings and justifiably so.

grailcup.jpg

🤙
Mu

Glad I am retired! Is near near a full time job following all your grows @musashi! Keep up the great work! :love:

Longball

Aloha braddahs!
Hey @longball!
Ha! There is a saying that if you are retired and not growing cannabis, something is amiss... Hell, it might have been something I made up lol. What's true for me is that there is nothing like communing with plants, regardless of one's age. There are so many doors (pun intended) to open braddahs! A braddah on another thread was suggesting to another member to "be open to new experiences." I think he was talking about fems and autos. Anyway, I was reminded that there are currently 48 MNS listed varieties and 10 CBD Crew just within Shanti's family. I do respect the man (breeder) who walks his talk. I have never grown as many excellent varieties as successfully as I have with MNS. I don't think I have grown 30 of his varieties yet but I've got a good start with yet 2 more, the Holy Grail and the Holy Smoke. A testament to the seed, of which 10/10 HG, and the slower HS with 9/10 have so far shown green in 20/4 light, 73 F.
hg seedling 11_28.jpg
Holy Grail

hs seedling 11_28.jpg
Holy Smoke

🤙
Mu

Aloha fellow Firewalkers!

Hey braddahs you are the best!

It is now 2 weeks since putting seed to soil. So far, since using bleach in my "hatching" water, I have eliminated the damping off problem in this grow as well as previous ones. Thanks for the tip Mel! 10/10 pre-sexed plants to work with this cycle as past grows have been larger in count. With the extra room, it affords me a longer veg time which is good as the plants will have time to develop more branching from which I will make cuttings. As with the HS, I am definitely interested in preserving this line. It seems sativas in their early state are reluctant to provide good stock from lower cuttings, which is where I prefer to take them from. They often have sparse bottoms with skinny branching! Don't know if it is the AC genes but these sativas as well as the HS have good stem strength, they have all grown straight up without support since sprouting from the soil. And as with the HS, I am interested in the AC heritaged males for future projects.
holygrail 12_4.jpg

🤙
Mu

Going on 4 weeks since seed was put to soil. I was having challenges with keeping my humidity up and several feedings that were not pH'd correctly. They are more sensitive than the Holy Smoke taking a bit longer to stabilize as a result. pH now in range, I kicked up the N and put a couple of buckets of water before the fans. They are responding in spite of getting off on the wrong foot. They do appear leafier than the Neville's Haze with wider leaves. A few are red veined which excites me for some unknown reason. I'm confident they are back on track in spite of my missteps. I'll switch to 18/6 in a day or two and will up-pot to encourage some lateral growth.

HG 12_15.jpg

🤙
Mu

Going on 4 weeks since seed was put to soil. I was having challenges with keeping my humidity up and several feedings that were not pH'd correctly. They are more sensitive than the Holy Smoke taking a bit longer to stabilize as a result. pH now in range, I kicked up the N and put a couple of buckets of water before the fans. They are responding in spite of getting off on the wrong foot. They do appear leafier than the Neville's Haze with wider leaves. A few are red veined which excites me for some unknown reason. I'm confident they are back on track in spite of my missteps. I'll switch to 18/6 in a day or two and will up-pot to encourage some lateral growth.

View attachment 47481

🤙
Mu
I had the same prob since winter hit and i switched to RO water..n didnt get to it till it was far past yours.. my pH pen was off by 8 points! Built a humidifier n raised my potassium nitrate along with my micros a small amount n it helped me a bit... i had a cal/potassium imbalance i think caused from the humidity dropping below 20.

I cant wait to see u do these Mu looking forward to watching this

N
I had the same prob since winter hit and i switched to RO water..n didnt get to it till it was far past yours.. my pH pen was off by 8 points! Built a humidifier n raised my potassium nitrate along with my micros a small amount n it helped me a bit... i had a cal/potassium imbalance i think caused from the humidity dropping below 20.

I cant wait to see u do these Mu looking forward to watching this, n that red veined thing excited me too... all my best hazes had that red veined thing going on right on the ridges with resi coted heavy all up n down the stem

Are you able to identify any smells that stand out to you? Some of these smell really amazing. My group smells went down a little after i had that pH issue but coming back now.

Going into the 5th week, the plants are firmly rooted now, adding another node and looking to be up-potted. It's been a busy week and I have yet to change up pots. I did manage to change light/dark time from 20/4 to 18/6. Went to pick up some soil the other day, holy s*t! have your prices gone up like mine have? Prices have doubled since last Spring! I'll be more mindful in recycling my soil going forward.

hg 12_21.jpg

🤙 Mu

5 1/2 weeks. Plants are now in 5x5's. Routinely kicking out new leaves everyday. A fuller canopy than the Holy Smoke with less side branching. A slight citrus smell and some ripe fruit. Light cut from 20 to 16 hours in the last week and there looks to be enough lateral growth for cuttings. The show is about to begin!
hg 12_28.jpg

🤙Mu

Aloha braddahs!

Thanks for the encouragement :)
The Holy Grail appears to be more photosensitive than the Holy Smoke. They have gone from 20 hours of light to 16 in one week's time. In the 16 hour light, 4 girls have come forward. I did feed them more P-K as an inducement. I need them to commit in the next few days as they are getting big real fast since up potting them to the 5x5's. I just wish they'd provide me with decent sized cuttings as they are sparing compared to the Holy Smoke. A few more days...

🤙 Mu

Nice work Mu! That's cool how reducing the light schedule slightly but not all the way to 12/12 can cause females to show sex! Is it not a good idea to grow these mostly sativas from seed and not from clone? I think I saw it causes way too much stretch and overall takes a lot longer?

Aloha braddahs!

Thanks for the encouragement :)
The Holy Grail appears to be more photosensitive than the Holy Smoke. They have gone from 20 hours of light to 16 in one week's time. In the 16 hour light, 4 girls have come forward. I did feed them more P-K as an inducement. I need them to commit in the next few days as they are getting big real fast since up potting them to the 5x5's. I just wish they'd provide me with decent sized cuttings as they are sparing compared to the Holy Smoke. A few more days...

🤙 Mu
In my case I took cuts within the first 2 to 3 weeks of flower that way the branches had time to grow out . And only a benefit that it is a monster clone .

Back