How to make homemade bubble bags?

tkadm30

Hello stoners!

I'm planning to make bubble hash this year but I never really attempted doing that. I would like to use common household equipment for doing bubble hash.

Do you have any suggestions of items I should add to my checklist for preparing this?

thx!

tk

Hash without bubblebags

Check out google for gumby hash making...
Very little needed to produce some decent hash...:)

Check out google for gumby hash making...
Very little needed to produce some decent hash...:)

Thanks for sharing zifozonke! I am now considering the blender method for my initial trial... Will try to find more info on that specific gumby hash method. I am also going to use about 2/3 of trims and 1/3 of properly dried buds.

tk

Gravity hash

Hey skadm30...
Should have put you onto (sadhu sams hash extraction method )first....very very simple.
Large bottles water and bud all thats needed.(plus we added a little ice)
First read about it in Robert Connel Clarkes EXCELLENT book HASHISH! ....a must have if you love hash....
Have tried posting a link but still battling trying to figure out how to upload photos and links...
Google it ....
This is how I got started...you cant go wrong...with real basic equipment.
Hope this helps and you get some good smoke

Hey tkadm30...
Should have put you onto (sadhu sams hash extraction method )first....very very simple.
Large bottles water and bud all thats needed.(plus we added a little ice)
First read about it in Robert Connel Clarkes EXCELLENT book HASHISH! ....a must have if you love hash....
Have tried posting a link but still battling trying to figure out how to upload photos and links...
Google it ....
This is how I got started...you cant go wrong...with real basic equipment.
Hope this helps and you get some good smoke

Thanks a lot bro! I will definitely try this method first. I just learn while reading a few articles about this technique that using a blender can potentially destroy or degrade the end product.

I may have a few questions for you however...

1. Do I need to grind the starting material first?
2. Should I put the mix into the freezer?
3. Is it ok to use a plastic coffee filter to remove the water?
4. Let's say I want to use 28g of buds, how many ice should I put into the mix??

peace!

tk

Last edited:
Breaking /grinding up dense buds will help..but not to fine.
Keeping everything cold will help seperating the resin glands off the plant material (cold water and ice)
Plastic coffee filter will work to drain off water so long as its not too coarse that resin can pass thru (I used a piece of fine silk cloth on my first go for this )
Leave resin mass to dry overnight in airtight container in freezer before chopping/grating/breaking up as fine as possible to dry again for a few days to a week on some parchment paper or cardboard
Once completely dry you can smoke as is or pressed and cured for a few weeks for a smoother smoke .
NEVER press when wet...you dont want your GOLD to MOLD !!
.....check out threads on frenchy cannolli ...hash hero of note...so much knowledge shared freely
Best of luck....
Happy hashin....
:D

Freeze the buds first, it will help knock off the triches when you agitate the buds in the ice water. I used polyester mesh from my days of doing silk screen for making bags. I forget the mesh size, but I only had 2 sizes and they worked fine. More multi-filtering is not needed IMO. So what is there is some green in there?

After doing a few runs of making ice hash, I went back to ethanol extraction and hand dry screening through the same poly mesh. Better IMO, if for no other reason than water is not the best thing to add to weed (as mentioned above, rot is always an issue). And the ice method is messy. Actually they are all messy though. I wish I could grow enough ladies here to make hand rubbed Malana cream hashish. Then have young naked women run through the ripe blooming plants and then scrape them off with a plastic scraper and hand work the hashish to create hashishine. One can dream, yes? Also scissor hash is always potent as all fuk. I hate trimming, but I like smoking gummy finger scissor hash.

Breaking /grinding up dense buds will help..but not to fine.
Keeping everything cold will help seperating the resin glands off the plant material (cold water and ice)
Plastic coffee filter will work to drain off water so long as its not too coarse that resin can pass thru (I used a piece of fine silk cloth on my first go for this )
Leave resin mass to dry overnight in airtight container in freezer before chopping/grating/breaking up as fine as possible to dry again for a few days to a week on some parchment paper or cardboard
Once completely dry you can smoke as is or pressed and cured for a few weeks for a smoother smoke .
NEVER press when wet...you dont want your GOLD to MOLD !!
.....check out threads on frenchy cannolli ...hash hero of note...so much knowledge shared freely
Best of luck....
Happy hashin....
:D

Great post! Thanks for your input! :)

tk

Freeze the buds first, it will help knock off the triches when you agitate the buds in the ice water. I used polyester mesh from my days of doing silk screen for making bags. I forget the mesh size, but I only had 2 sizes and they worked fine. More multi-filtering is not needed IMO. So what is there is some green in there?

After doing a few runs of making ice hash, I went back to ethanol extraction and hand dry screening through the same poly mesh. Better IMO, if for no other reason than water is not the best thing to add to weed (as mentioned above, rot is always an issue). And the ice method is messy. Actually they are all messy though. I wish I could grow enough ladies here to make hand rubbed Malana cream hashish. Then have young naked women run through the ripe blooming plants and then scrape them off with a plastic scraper and hand work the hashish to create hashishine. One can dream, yes? Also scissor hash is always potent as all fuk. I hate trimming, but I like smoking gummy finger scissor hash.

Hey B,

I am going to dry the plant material one month then probably will follow your advices and attempt to freeze buds and trim for 1-2 days. I plan to make like 6-7g of hash out of 56g of buds.

Take care!

tk

The screens are where the true magic happens.

And I would refrain from using household items to act as your screens.

You can buy different grade micron nylon mesh screens by the meter for dead-cheap from china and they are excellent quality.

I am talking a set of nylon mesh in different micron grades to make all the classic bubble bags yourself, for like 50 bucks. And it would be enough nylon mesh to make 5 or 10 sets of bubble bags.

I used it mainly as pressing screens as well as making DIY trim trays (which I have since moved away from in favor printing screens that are set up on a metal frame by machine, thus being a lot more firm on the frame than you could achieve through DIY and therefore delivering better results when trimming on top).

But basically your core component for successful bubble hash making are the nylon meshes in the right micron grades. You can do whatever with them. Build a drum with them as wells, make your own bubble bags (some needlework required), make frames for trim trays or simply fold/stitch them into bags that completely consist of the nylon mesh. Nothing wrong with that, they are sturdy enough to do so.

On the other hand, this is public knowledge for quite some years now and as a result there are plenty of knockoff bubble bags on the market that come dead cheap and are just as good as the originals.
I bought a set for what, 30 bucks or something. Saved myself some needle work and the like. Fair price if you ask me.

I bought a cheap set of bubble bags cheap on Amazon. Rather than spend the time making my own bubble hash bags, I'd buy a couple mesh sizes and make dry-sift frames.

Back