Holy Smoke, Holy Grail, and Widow Grail

youve got a typo too, even though you go on to state nh x ac...

it is not (Nl5/hazeA x haze AC) x Haze C
nor is it Nl5/hazeC x haze AC x haze C,

it is (NH x AC) x C

youve got a typo too, even though you go on to state nh x ac...

it is not (Nl5/hazeA x haze AC) x Haze C
nor is it Nl5/hazeC x haze AC x haze C,

it is (NH x AC) x C
This is why I don't focus on genetics too much. Lol, when it comes down to it all that really matters is what you like better.

One guy can make that same exact cross and either be better or worse all depending on the plants selected for breeding. The proof is in the seed.

But it's cool seeing these might just be the closest thing you can get to the original Haze parents Nevil made famous in seed form. I have a pack of Neville's Haze, but I'd almost rather have one of the newer crosses. Lol, but at the same time, I'd still want to try Neville's Haze, so it will work out in the end. Lol

...One guy can make that same exact cross and either be better or worse all depending on the plants selected for breeding. The proof is in the seed...

“The subject of potency is mired in confusion and mystery, largely because of fertilizer and soil ads, marijuana-growing books, and individuals who promise ways of increasing potency or growing super grass. There are no magic formulas or secrets to divulge that will make or break the potency of your crop… Choice of seed, and a harvest of well-developed buds, far outweigh any other factors in determining potency.” ~ Mel Frank

...when it comes down to it all that really matters is what you like better.
...it may not be for all people these varietals but it will be a growing experience and when done correctly it will be an amazing event...all the best Sb

Shaka
Mu

Hi All

firstly Growstone...well done for Hunters and Collectors song Holy Grail, if i must be totally honest it was one of the reasons i call it so...and Throw Your Arms around me is probably my choice of song to be remembered by...so well done!

Haze C , Haze AC, Afghan skunk, Afghan Haze, Skunk and Widow males are and have always been around since and before MNS was formed...not sure why or who is asking this but that should be clear.

The thing is with most things if people wish to ask directly and get a direct answer...then believe it or stop asking. See if you ask someone you do not trust a question it is better not to ask, as you will always be in doubt. If you ask someone you trust directly then you must believe them otherwise it means you no longer trust. So hope that is answered thoroughly now and this can stop side tracking you!

Now it is correct that i am stuck in North Italy and will be possibly more around than ever before. However we are harvesting our greenhouse in WA at present and very happy to have gone right through the winter this year to arrive at a crop that looks great.
We are getting ready with our Hemp farm in Colorado and Switzerland and cloning like crazy...but we also have completed CBD Gandhi which will fit commercial hemp farmers and extraction purposes well.
We have several other new projects on the cards but will write about them once it is all clearly defined...
Lastly the new company Sciva Corporation ( www.scivacorp.com) is something i am really excited about considering all the genetic work, plant production/extraction/refinement of my own strains is now in an finished product I controlled from beginning to end and use myself...as do my kids. Thanks to partners that have always concentrated on doing the job first and money second we have achieved such accomplishments. So wish to say big thanks to Evan, Ryan and Dr. Iva all who are their own bosses but who work with me to achieve these great things that were all impossible 30 years ago!

Stay safe and all the best Sb
Good to here the males r still kicking.
Is your mm still around?
The mm/hzC request pops up a lot
Are you able/have you already played with this cross?
Cheers

Yeah thats the case for hoby growers (just grow the seed an nothing else maters) things have changed now. Theres places on the planet now were people are able to grow seriously large amounts legally. Now if some one wants to breed an make seed strains for the future certain things are very important. For example if i have a 1000 seeds planted and certain traits an things are showing up in some an not in others it then becomes important to understand whats happening an why it happens. The correct information about what your using can help you understand an predict an work things that may show up afew generations later. One day that information may have to be passed on to another generation of medical users an breeders. Its not gona make things easy if the information is a jumbled mess that dont even make sense with what your seeing in the seeds. Things are changing its no longer just about small time hoby growers growing 5 or 10 seeds.
If you are able to do selections that total thousands, you would have a massive amount of observation.
So many back stories to breeding were bogus anyway.
Nevil got a lot of different strains, with sometimes mythological creation stories.
He planted and observed the plants.
Then bred, and tested and observed the hybrids. I get the impression he was pretty zealous, and tested almost all matings that were possible for him to test.

You don't just grab seed from an ash tray and put 14 weeks into it, but, if you buy well bred seed from someone who holds good jeans, suiting your objectives, you'll still have to grow out, observe and select ( let the seed lead you ) whether you know the sales-tale or not.
Good luck

I
Hi,

I'm not that old....things were differents at theses times... No hid lamps where availables....seeds where mostly bag seeds so free or almost free... No helicopters.
All cannabis plant can be started directly in soil not only sativas....it's even the best way to get a deep strong rooting.... Cannabis taproot is designed to anchor straight into the soil.
It's an experiment I would like to do if I had the opportunity to grow outdoor.

I wasn't saying it couldn't be done....but I maintain it's a copy/paste error...otherwise all sativa's X would had the same best medium description.
Was bragging to my mate how I was using T8's at my parents house to grow in '86 ninja style.
He told me he was using sports arena lights (hid) to take 16 weeks to almost finish an Hawaiian in 1978.
NL5 was meant to have been bred 20 gens under light, before Nev saw it.
Indoor growing has been going hard enough since early 70's, at least

Mr. Nice Seedbank - New Regular Seed Strains for 2020
Widow AC (WACO)
Combining the original Widow female with an old school Haze AC male selection has awoken the aromas of forbidden fruits and as well as some of the effects previously lost by all the Kush strains of the last decade. This prodigious yielding plant works on all mediums whether at home, in greenhouses or outdoors. Its resilience as a stand-alone plant is most impressive and the right selection is imperative if you are searching for a particular scent or effect. A sample packet of this great seed should contain what the discerning connoisseur is looking for.
Flowering time ranges from 10 to 13 weeks but can be quicker once the seed mother is in clone form.
Expected yield depends upon how long the 18 hr light phase lasts. In general, we average 500 to 600 grams per m2 of finished dried flowers. The amount of biomass will relate to the height of the mature plant.

Widow Grail (GROWL) (NHxAC) x Widow
This has been a long time in the coming! Finally, the Grail series has been made available, but as a limited edition only. The Grail combines the strong particular spicy/earthy aromas of Haze with the fruity /onion aromas of the Widow family. This particular Haze female has dominated genetics’ top shelf strains since modern times, and combining it with the original Widow male makes for a mouth-watering experience, not to mention a mind blowing journey with a high mind of clarity.
This plant is not so difficult to get right, but it definitely needs love and attention if you truly wish to reach the Holy Grail of Stashes. There will be a need to cure the dried flower for between 6 weeks and 3 months prior to smoking it; ultimately you will understand why!
Flowering time ranges from 10 to 13 weeks but can be quicker once the seed mother is in clone form.
Expected yield will range between 550 to 700 grams per m2. Curing this flower for between 6 weeks and 3 months will change everything about the flavor and increase this most satisfying effect. Do note that there may be some longer flowering plants which are not really practical for an indoor garden.

Holy Smoke (Afghan Haze x AC)
After combining the Afghan Haze with the AC male, we found some wonderful old school plants that required lower EC levels to reach their potential. Peripheral or indirect light seems to be this plant’s preferred growing environment. The finished fruits of this spicy pine earth flavored flower are special and very reminiscent of the 70s Thai/ Southern India/ Mexican blend of long leaf strains.
This Holy Smoke strain has plants that will flower between 11 and 13 weeks; any longer is not practical for indoor growing. To get this strain to work we usually germinate the seed at 18/6 for 2 weeks and then let it flower directly after which you will welcome a 1.2 to 1.4 meter high flowering plant.
Expected yield will range between 600 and 800 grams per m2. Curing this flower for between at least 6 weeks to 3 months will change everything about the flavor and increase the most satisfying effect. This strain can feed a little higher than its sister Hazes so do not be shy and use some N in its early stages of development.

Holy Grail (NH x AC) x HzC
It took a lot of research to prepare this and test the final selections, especially as they take 12 -14 weeks to flower. The results came good: the selected NH x AC mother performed well and contained the tribal aromas from generations past. The combination of this with the Haze C male and doubling (even tripling) up on the Haze C, has given this progeny seed the feeling that the Holy Grail really does exist.
Patience is a virtue and one you will need when it comes to this strain. It possesses wonderfully flavored buds to fill your cellar and you’ll need a minimum of 3 to 6 months to cure this flower, but the wait and tending care will have been worth it; much the same as how a master vintner brings a fine Barolo wine from a DOC rating to one of DOCG status as a result of his expertise and patience; it may always represent a risky and nervous time but when it works every last bottle, or in this case bud, oozes uncompromising pleasure for the honored person lucky enough to experience it.
The Holy Grail has yet to be found and it is different for everyone; but it exists and you’ll realize it yourself when you find it. So, with the right level of perception and dedication, experience and awareness, the adventuring cultivator / breeder has the chance to one day find their very own Holy Grail of Cannabis.
Expected yield on an average 14 week flowering plant is between 750 and 850 grams m2. Curing of this flower is advised as it increases the flavor and effects once the chlorophyll naturally breaks down over a 6 week to 3 month period. There may be some longer flowering plants which are not really practical for an indoor garden but it will be rewarding to have this in your stash of stashes.

CBD Gandhi
Gandhi once said…. “In a gentle way, you can shake the world.”
Once again the CBD crew headed by Shantibaba has applied their wonderful science to developing and testing new naturally selected strains, as proved by many years of successful research. In 2015 the CBD crew was the first seed company in the world to bring out CBD Therapy, the only CBD enriched strain of its time. Undergoing several years of selection in large numbers and based solely on the progeny seed of many combinations of parent plants, the crew were very excited to be able to isolate and reproduce in large quantities this season’s feminized hemp seed. Saving all the cloning work, it is now far easier and more practical for the farmer to make a feminized hemp seed crop.
A feminized version of a breed seed to exact specifications, it will contain between 8% to 12% levels of CBD, and THC will be marginal at >0.2%. With a fruity aroma and a strong dense series of flowering clusters, it is a wonderful sight to observe in a flowering field. It will be mainly interesting to those wishing to achieve extractions of a terpene/cannabinoid nature.
CBD concentration on the plants will range mainly between 8% and 13%, and in all our indoor tests, this seed did not see any THC values reach higher than 0.2%. So, this will be a good option for late crops for outdoor farms without cloning.
Germination and pre growth can be undertaken in the same tray and put directly to ground, so your work will be well worth it when it comes to this new seed strain. We expect that 80 % of the seeds will return densely packed flowers similar to Indica type strains and 20% will be similar to the Sativa side of the family tree.
Expect this strain to be ready to cut after 7 weeks of flowering and to reach 1.5meters if pre grown for only a week – all we can add to that is: happy farming!!!!

Great posts Vlad! We all benefit when you come out and shimmer in the sunlight. Thanks for your thoughts brah!

Shaka
Mu

If you are able to do selections that total thousands, you would have a massive amount of observation.
So many back stories to breeding were bogus anyway.
Nevil got a lot of different strains, with sometimes mythological creation stories.
He planted and observed the plants.
Then bred, and tested and observed the hybrids. I get the impression he was pretty zealous, and tested almost all matings that were possible for him to test.

You don't just grab seed from an ash tray and put 14 weeks into it, but, if you buy well bred seed from someone who holds good jeans, suiting your objectives, you'll still have to grow out, observe and select ( let the seed lead you ) whether you know the sales-tale or not.
Good luck
The facts are those selections nevil made are used as the back bone to this company....no point making out they were nonsense or there history was nonsense....cuz even today they are yet to be surpased by others of the same kind....dont fool yourself into thinking otherwise.

The facts are those selections nevil made are used as the back bone to this company....no point making out they were nonsense or there history was nonsense....cuz even today they are yet to be surpased by others of the same kind....dont fool yourself into thinking otherwise.
Thank you for the caution, but I don't think I fooled myself at all.
What Nevil was able to observe and document, certainly carried mythical back stories.
Was nl5 produced from Vietnamese growers, or an Indian on an island off Seattle?
Was dogless also Ortega also romulon Joe?
Did Sam really breed Cali O as he said?
I haven't read many off your posts mate, but have you been following the ball?
I don't talk down the quality of any of MNS jean-base in my comment.
Which one of Nevs original seedstock didn't carry an outlandish story?
G13?

I suppose it was just more a rant about how things are in general. No one seem to take things seriously no more. Its like were second class citizens.
Not so much for you mate, but for others who want to shame MNS as a company that doesn't do business "the modern way.'
We are not citizens of MNS, so not sure how you could be a second class citizens
MNS is a company that sells seed, among other things.
Their intellectual property is their proprietary knowledge, and no, a customer does not have any right to that knowledge.
Our reslariinship is customer.
We buy the stock, if we care to.
If the company provides stock that satisfies you, then you can be happy..
If the company doesn't offer you value for your money, then you skate on down the road.
A lot of ppl seem to think they can tell Shanti how to run his business BETTER..
If he wasn't doing ok, no one would be here in the first place
Are you saying Shanti doesn't take things seriously, anymore, in your opinion?

I definitely believe the story about G13 was just that, a story. I highly doubt the US government grew the strongest weed known to mankind, especially since it doesn't really test higher than the other old school lines.

Now a great plant, I don't doubt for a second. As for Haze, there is litterally nobody who has met the Haze Brothers, besides Sam The Skunkman..... :rolleyes: Okay..... My money says Haze is nothing more than some of the best brick weed available at the time. I've grown out brick weed seeds and they where much better than the brick they came out of.

The Northern lights story is a little fucky too.

I mean, it is what it is, we all know Nevil held some great genetics, but I imagine a lot of the stories were more for the hype. As you see with all the flavor of the week hyped up strains, people eat it up. Which from seed you definitely need selection like everything else but, from the original cut it's a keeper.

Really the reason the Amnesia cut is so popular in Amsterdam. Sure it's nothing but SSH, but it's not something you will find in every pack. You grow enough seeds eventually you find something above and beyond, I went through like 5 packs of Shit trying to find the one that got away, no luck. Clone everything!!

Hey Marcus

Hold on to your journal and pics! Please be patient as the site is still in beta and Kristian is just now finalizing the Media portion to enable all to create personal albums and post to gallery. Thats why you are seeing some of my test pics in the gallery :)The subforums will be up soon. Hang in there brah and you can count me in on pulling up a chair for your Holy Grail grow.

🤙
Mu

I definitely believe the story about G13 was just that, a story. I highly doubt the US government grew the strongest weed known to mankind, especially since it doesn't really test higher than the other old school lines.

Now a great plant, I don't doubt for a second. As for Haze, there is litterally nobody who has met the Haze Brothers, besides Sam The Skunkman..... :rolleyes: Okay..... My money says Haze is nothing more than some of the best brick weed available at the time. I've grown out brick weed seeds and they where much better than the brick they came out of.

The Northern lights story is a little fucky too.

I mean, it is what it is, we all know Nevil held some great genetics, but I imagine a lot of the stories were more for the hype. As you see with all the flavor of the week hyped up strains, people eat it up. Which from seed you definitely need selection like everything else but, from the original cut it's a keeper.

Really the reason the Amnesia cut is so popular in Amsterdam. Sure it's nothing but SSH, but it's not something you will find in every pack. You grow enough seeds eventually you find something above and beyond, I went through like 5 packs of Shit trying to find the one that got away, no luck. Clone everything!!
Hey man.
The haze story is pretty cool.
In the 60's, 70's or 80's two brothers, who were cousins, who weren't actually related, who may have, but probably didn't live in santa Cruz selectively bred haze to purpose, before one of them went to live in Mexico, or to gaol, or both.

Brothers of eternal love were smuggling out of Goa and Karachi, as well as moving Thai stick and wahacan G at that time and working out of SoCal.
Wonder if it was their bag seed, they certainly shuffled a few genes around from 60's onwards.

How about Shanti's new strains? Contact sales regarding availability.

🤙
Mu

Last edited:
Back