Holy Smoke- A Journey Home

Loving the photos Mu keep them coming! You may have already mentioned it but what gear are you using to get these macro shots? Then look great!

TGTDE

Aloha everyone!

From seed to harvest, everything is now cut and hung up to dry. And not too soon as the clones have been looking for some room to move lately. I'll throw some bleach on the floor tomorrow to get ready for round 2. The males I held back will now have their 15 minutes of fame. Here are some late season pre-harvest Holy Smoke close-ups. I'm particularly fond of the pistillate hairs upon photo magnification.

View attachment 50791

View attachment 50792

View attachment 50793

View attachment 50794

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

Bot a used Nikon body with several lenses. The lens of choice is a used Nikon micro 105mm. Not even approaching justice when I see what others are doing with this same equipment, but I'm learning and having alot of fun with it. Bought it as a medical device haha. Everytime I start to go batshit with politics, I take it out and "shoot" pictures of little bugs and flowers. Om mani padme hum.

hs_1 6_12.jpg

hs_2 6_12.jpg

hs_3 6_12.jpg

hs_5 6_12.jpg

hs_4 6_12.jpg

🤙Mu

Posted earlier in a different forum, I been huffing on this more lately. Initially hesitant because of some of the Indie content, it hasn't slowed me down in the least. The Afghan just touches off a glow on top of the euphoria. Joints are handled in parts cuz she's pretty strong. A coupla tokes creates those time lapses where absolutely nothing gets done and you don't know it lol. Gonna come out with a cross and call it Timelapse®.

Anyway, Holy Smoke is grade A stuff! Get to it @CannaFish!
hs #5 6_14.jpg

🤙Mu

Hay Mus...play a bit with the white balance settings on yer cam.
It works well to take out the yellow from a HPS, will turn colors right back to normal.
I have a Sony and on mine it's set to WB#2 for HPS, but I'm sure yours is different.

I learned about WB today as one can see from the two different pictures. This macro stuff is fascinating. Now I'm chasing bugs and flowers in the backyard complete with tripod lol. Who would have thought? At least I'm not hanging out on the beach with a metal detector 🤣

🤙Mu

Aloha everyone!

Sativas! This morning marks 3 weeks into flower. The HG under the blue and the HS under the HPS. The HG has finally decided to show bud structure. I have had to add a little N back in as the plants were eating fan leaves in their voracious hunger, especially the Holy Smoke- verification re: Shanti's word about more N in the beginning. So wait to back off the N a little later for those HS.

Of course the reason I backed off is that I had 5 footers in the room even before I went to 12/12 lol. Many of the plants have been LST'd and those tops you are seeing are actually coming from secondaries. IME, usually that 1st 4 weeks after the light change one sees phenomenal growth spurts. Not so much with plants being more mature it seems. Instead of main stem hypergrowth, it seems energy has gone into bud set instead. I am curious if this is true. Certainly keeping them in smaller pots will also limit their growth potential. I have grown these things before in 10 gallon pots and have been over run. Giant plants, I used to run 4 pots of my SD in a 10x10 room as they were all the same pheno- no selection necessary.. Currently, as I run through many in a selection process, I'd rather have 8-10 plants at the time to observe differences. Two different strategies. Anyway, with 10 more weeks to go, I am encouraged by the number of buds so early in the game.

sativas 6_21.jpg

🤙Mu

It’s funny that we consider container growing normal these days. These plants want to be giants in the ground with unlimited root space and powered by solar energy. Bonsai! Musashi-san

I've grown out a sativa dom variety before (Jean Guy) in ebbnflow SOG (24/m2) where the entire table had a mat of roots.
They seemed to like being jumbled up together in the rockwool But with the space underneath to expand as you pointed out.

Aloha everyone!

Sativas! This morning marks 3 weeks into flower. The HG under the blue and the HS under the HPS. The HG has finally decided to show bud structure. I have had to add a little N back in as the plants were eating fan leaves in their voracious hunger, especially the Holy Smoke- verification re: Shanti's word about more N in the beginning. So wait to back off the N a little later for those HS.

Of course the reason I backed off is that I had 5 footers in the room even before I went to 12/12 lol. Many of the plants have been LST'd and those tops you are seeing are actually coming from secondaries. IME, usually that 1st 4 weeks after the light change one sees phenomenal growth spurts. Not so much with plants being more mature it seems. Instead of main stem hypergrowth, it seems energy has gone into bud set instead. I am curious if this is true. Certainly keeping them in smaller pots will also limit their growth potential. I have grown these things before in 10 gallon pots and have been over run. Giant plants, I used to run 4 pots of my SD in a 10x10 room as they were all the same pheno- no selection necessary.. Currently, as I run through many in a selection process, I'd rather have 8-10 plants at the time to observe differences. Two different strategies. Anyway, with 10 more weeks to go, I am encouraged by the number of buds so early in the game.

View attachment 51933

🤙Mu

This is a really interesting line, that afghan haze seems hold some very sativa traits in the seeds. These holy smokes really go for it, your rooms a jungle already. Mind saying what size pots your using please mu as they still seem to performing realy good.

Back