Holy Smoke- A Journey Home

Aloha braddahs and sistas!
IMO, the sweet spot is 6 months. The haze takes on a new meaning with long cures. I remember some Afghan Haze early on that left me unimpressed and biased. Finding it after many months and she was stellar- scent, taste, potency. So too the Indies. I had an Ortega that was grass until the long cure which brought out the berries and potency.
All too often, I see stuff bottled before the product is fully dried. Nowadays, after line drying, I then remove fan leaves and put product in paperbags and let sit in humidity controlled room for at least 2-4 weeks before I finally get around to bottling for storage.
One of the problems I’ve experienced in the past is harvesting with wet substrate which screws up the drying process. Now I make sure to dry the plant out (no water for min. 2-5 days before cutting and hanging. Works for me anyway.

mu

Most delicious things take time to achieve..People complaining about no smell or taste, that's because they are in a hurry and don't let the scents express themselves in a full potential.

View attachment 66302
Imagine pressing wine and direclty put in bottle in store...well thats what you do when you smoke partialy dried/non cured product.

Is this really need to be explained ??? IDTS

I disagree!! It should be: "Barrel aging is the step after fermentation and distillation, before bottling."

But I'm probably biased :D

IMO, the sweet spot is 6 months. The haze takes on a new meaning with long cures. I remember some Afghan Haze early on that left me unimpressed and biased. Finding it after many months and she was stellar- scent, taste, potency. So too the Indies. I had an Ortega that was grass until the long cure which brought out the berries and potency.
All too often, I see stuff bottled before the product is fully dried. Nowadays, after line drying, I then remove fan leaves and put product in paperbags and let sit in humidity controlled room for at least 2-4 weeks before I finally get around to bottling for storage.
One of the problems I’ve experienced in the past is harvesting with wet substrate which screws up the drying process. Now I make sure to dry the plant out (no water for min. 2-5 days before cutting and hanging. Works for me anyway.

mu

100%
I followed a similar drying/curing procedure in the last harvest (those Sour Diesel F2's) and 2 months after the harvest (6 week cure), the quality of the herb has drastically improved! Some friends complain it's too strong now, one couldn't sleep for hours after having smoked it lol

mu
agreed about the cure, and i pretty much handle my bud like your talking, i gave some bud to my sister rite after harvest well 6 mos later shes toking some of mine and shes saying yours is better than mine why and i told her its about how you handle it :)

I learned about WB today as one can see from the two different pictures. This macro stuff is fascinating. Now I'm chasing bugs and flowers in the backyard complete with tripod lol. Who would have thought? At least I'm not hanging out on the beach with a metal detector 🤣

🤙Mu

Hahaha i was just about to buy one the other day but then i found out how to use the auctions site...

Feeling the gratefulness. Life is good!
Here's some Holy Smoke #5 bottled last year 5/19. Thought I'd give it a whirl after a one year cure. It is just now getting slightly hoppy but still some sweet fragrance remains. The stone is definitely noticed, I am seriously high now lol.

Incredible.

Back