Highland Mex/BlueBerry

BullDogDad

3 seed plants of Chimeras Highland Mexican X Blue Berry. Only hatched 3 because I wasnt sure what to expect. This strain has a reputation of taking over your grow space. I'm keeping them hungry and root bound on purpose. Rub the stems and smell has hints of pine, lime, road kill skunk. Broader leaf than I had expected. Stems are purple on the top, green on the undersides. Going to take clones and pop 6 more beans. All seed plants are being kept as mothers until I get a handle on which individuals I want to keep. Gonna be a labor of love this one.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
very nice :) Yes, be ready for some vertical growth and some great smoke. From what I've seen the Guerrero is very dominant in growth pattern so growing 3 seems a good choice. I watched a good grower get run over by these not long ago. I've been running it and some of it's Xs and about three is where I draw the line while I'm doing other crops ;)

I tried posting more pics but it keeps saying "failed to upload". They are in tiny starter pots and are still over a foot tall. I'll try the pics again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    749.6 KB · Views: 8
Howdy BDD, I can see the leaf pics. Please keep updating your findings.

Good Luck with the grow. It's a very nice choice of strain to work with.

I just cracked some f2 magic beans from PMB :D ...and got 1 trifoliate too!

Are you going outdoor? greenhouse?

Happy to report that out of three plants I have two females and one male. The plants showed their sex under 18 hours of light.

Last edited:
I'm really looking forward to seeing what you get :). pH asked me the smell of the one female of the X I've grown. IIRC it had an old school mexican flavor... some wintergreen and a bit of cedar, "herby". Truly it smelled like old time mexi spears :D It's kind of an "if you weren't there" sort of thing.

It was one of the most upright plants I've ever seen; the branch tips spring to attention, invariably 90 degrees from horizontal. So much vigor it's amazing.

I take that back I think they've only been begging about 5 weeks. I keep horrible notes. The male is less branchier than the two females. To me, it's always hard to get a handle on smell when the plants are still in veg. But there is something familiar there that I recognize from the old days of seedy mexi sativa brick.

I'm happy to report that this strain has proven to be the easiest cloner I've ever grown. Even rooted faster than my MNS Shit and Shark Shock.

Can't wait to see your Mexi in action. I'm loving those kind of flavours. Sounds like yours may lean over to the blueberry side a little. I wonder what kind of flavour mix you end up with.. do you think the Blue will let the Mexican flavours come through?

I am growing a Mexican hybrid right now. It was crossed to an American (US) indica/sativa hybrid to bring down the height/flowering times. I had 8 females but killed 7 because they were too indica. I kept the only one which leaned right over to the mexican side. Beautiful, delicate little spears of crystalline balls and a really 'Mexi' aroma of dark woods and sage-like herbs. I'll post a pic when it is possible. A fantastic, delicate Central American sativa...LOVELY!! :)

I really have no idea about influence one way or the other so far. I'm not familiar with either of the lines used in this cross. Very exciting grow for me. Like a mystery grab box.

I'd be in flower already but I've been waiting on a couple 1000w Gavida's. Be patient with me and you all will be rewarded with a full grow report from start to finish. So far I've had no trouble controlling the moms with container size, low feed, and low light (T5's).

I really have no idea about influence one way or the other so far. I'm not familiar with either of the lines used in this cross. Very exciting grow for me. Like a mystery grab box.

I'd be in flower already but I've been waiting on a couple 1000w Gavida's. Be patient with me and you all will be rewarded with a full grow report from start to finish. So far I've had no trouble controlling the moms with container size, low feed, and low light (T5's).

When you do the flip is when things get unruly with these IME. Just be ready. ;).

Here is a snap of the Mexi - take a look at the delicate flowers starting to foxtail..
DSC_00035.JPG

There are a few more snaps in my gallery...

Grover

Beautiful plant. I'm gonna inbreed this strain then out cross to something tasty. Got a Mullumbimby cross that I'll probably breed to.

Back