Hi EQ 2013

female pre-flowers will look like this amigo
(the pair of white hairs shaped like a V!)

IMG_1079 is a male plant :((you've noticed the balls,good eye)

fingers crossed for the rest of your pals !:eek:

Attachments

• PICT4491.JPG
    PICT4491.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Male

:( Well my luck is not with me on this grow, All three plants where males, the two remaining plants are showing very similar preflowers. So At this point I am going to terminate the remaining and start from scratch. This grow has not been in vain I have learned a few things one is I can grow cannabis and I can make my own soil to which this variety seems to thrive. My next grow I will start more plants anyway thanks for the help. Round 2 coming soon. BTW is only took one week into 12/12 for these to show. Last two pictures.

Attachments

• male?.JPG
    male?.JPG
    214.4 KB · Views: 12
  • preflower2.JPG
    preflower2.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 12
Sorry about your luck. You did learn how to identify male flowers which is important. I'm sure your next run will bare fruit.:)

sorry to hear:(

it's all a game of luck playing plant sex-lottery

I want to offer you a piece of advice that I hope you find no offence in:

When I sow something,I try to do so in "successions."Let's say you were to have ,oh,12 seeds to plant.Plant 4 this week.Wait two weeks,then sow another 4. Wait another week and plant the remaining four!(just a figure of speech...it could be less or more...seedwise and timewise!)

That way,when the time nears for your first succession to draw sex,what is culled can be replaced in the following weeks with the upcoming successions!

Good to hear you're not gonna let a few dicks ruin your party...hell yeah you can grow cannabis!Especially for fluoros,those plants are mack.

see ya arctic;it's like arpege said...now that you've seen a male plant growing,you'll know what they look like.

:eek: No offense taken Tapioca, good advice is welcome. Since my last posting I am cooking 6 Beans, scarified and placed in wet paper towel, then I will place in 1.5 (4cm) wool cubes then into soil ASAP. I like organic soil, I don't mind the work it takes in make good soil, the pay off is easy water care and let nature take over, the pay off is always worth the wait.

Ok guys day one coming soon.
:confused: I don't know what I'll do if I get six girls this round.

Hey Wicked1 thanks for the tip, I'm really new too this, so I will wait for future grows to make seed I for now, no offense like I said early good advices is welcome. I just want bud right now:rolleyes:

Say Arpege, I usually learn by my mistakes anyway so to speak, they sure are dam good males and they took a a little beating too.:)

Thanks Arpege for the encouragement.

Ok after good night rest and some new seeds baking I have come up with a solution. Wicked1 I am going to keep'm just placed them outside in a gorilla grow spot and maybe collect some pollen later if they survived. I will need to harden them off first. I haven't the heart to terminate. I will just let nature take her course. I need the pot sometime soon. also I might use "Browndirtwarriors"gunny sack and plastic bag technique for outside. Ok time waste'd gotta get'm going I need the space.

Hermies? Selfing?

Ok, so today I am inspected my two Male plants from grow 1, this is my very first grow ever, I have a couple of books I have been reading Greg Green's book "The Cannabis Grow Bible" and a few others, and today I discover what looks to be flower heads beginning, I don't know for sure I need help with this one guys. I think I have kept my stressors to a minimal, I think. I tried choosing a strain that can take a little beginner's mistakes. My stressors to date are heat, and nutrient shock, I have only a hand full of days where my lighting was off, one power outage that last maybe an hour, and while still in early veg, I ran them a couple days on a 24 hour light schedule, I was moving the light schedule to running at night for cooler temperature in the hood/tent. And I made sure no light leaked in 12/12. Here are a couple pictures I am no expert.

Attachments

• hermies22.JPG
    hermies22.JPG
    351.9 KB · Views: 19
  • hermies33.JPG
    hermies33.JPG
    259.2 KB · Views: 18
  • hermies44.JPG
    hermies44.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 14
  • hermies55.JPG
    hermies55.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
possible a male hermaphordite

I have been busy scouring the web for info, I might have what they call a Male hermaphordite. Male parts came first.:confused:

Thanks Yowser for responding I need your eye, I'm so new to this, for all I know, I am looking at both, maybe a little more time will tell. They're growing really fast right now its been just over one week in 12/12 and things are changing fast.

More pictures

Attachments

• maleflower11.JPG
    maleflower11.JPG
    446.1 KB · Views: 10
  • maleflower33.JPG
    maleflower33.JPG
    439.7 KB · Views: 16
  • maleflower44.JPG
    maleflower44.JPG
    432.1 KB · Views: 25
Yes very healthy males, so I moved them out of the tent will let nature take over, thank you guys for the help. I noticed today I have one pod slitting I am guessing its going to crack open and release soon. Ok thank you sorry for any confusion.

follow up

This is a follow up to my spring grow, I kepted my two males and placed them in the green house, all summer the produced, quite a bit pollen btw, throughout the summer I clipped pods off and collected pollen not sure if I collected and stored it correctly.

Anyway a couple of things to note, EQ males like cool temps, they continued to produced pollen without 12/12 lighting, some leaf morphology changes happen at the end of there cycle, and I like Early Queen nice plant and this is my first grow. Ok that is it end of story.:eek:

Attachments

• eqspringrun2.JPG
    eqspringrun2.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 19
  • eqspringrun1.JPG
    eqspringrun1.JPG
    245.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    465.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    273.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    320.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 18
More EQ male pics

A few more EQ male and pollen collected pics, Funny shaped leafs shot up towards the end of there cycle.

Attachments

• IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    581.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1132.JPG
    IMG_1132.JPG
    396.8 KB · Views: 21
  • EQpollen.JPG
    EQpollen.JPG
    495.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1205.JPG
    IMG_1205.JPG