Herb's NHS Test Grow

hi herb great start mate

carnt wait to see wat you find:)

shanti are you settin up your own thread to run your batches

Update 1/2

Hi all,
all 10 NHS were transplanted from their 3 inch containers into 6 inch containers 2 days ago filled with Bio Bizz All-Mix (no extra perlite added), then this morning i moved them from the flouro's and are now under the 400w HPS beside the old Jack's Cleaner clone, keeping the light a distance of approx 12-14 inches at the minute just to give them time to get used to the stronger light (also because of the hot temps/weather we've been getting recently, don't wanna run the risk of burning them at this early stage), no nutrients have been giving so far to the plants, just plain water for now, i expect these are gonna grow real fast now they're under the 400w HPS

4th_june_2009_NHS_2.JPG

4th_june_2009_NHS_4.JPG

peace​

Update 1 of 2

Hi all,
still in veg with the NHS, starting to grow really fast now they're under the HPS, gonna move them into their final size containers (11 litre) within the next 3-4 days i reckon, all plants still on plain water at this stage

peace​

Last edited:
Update 2 of 2

love the look of the leaves on this first 1 (1st 2 pics), got that reptile skin look, flesh looks very strong

peace​

Last edited:
great work herbs
all of them NHS look a picture of health...I might have to invest in all-mix for my seeds ..can i grab these seeds from anywhere? Ive always been a sucker for the old school flavors! I know your in for a treat m8.

all the best and will be back soon for more updates..peace

Excellent Loving Herb

Hello Herb,

Hope you are well mate, mind if I grab a seat, looking all loved up man :)

Looking forward to how these grow out, goodluck bro,

Great growing

peace :)

great work herbs
all of them NHS look a picture of health...I might have to invest in all-mix for my seeds ..can i grab these seeds from anywhere? Ive always been a sucker for the old school flavors! I know your in for a treat m8.

all the best and will be back soon for more updates..peace
Yeah the Bio Bizz All-Mix is pretty good stuff man, the only bad thing about it is the depletion of Nitrogen in the compost can take you by surprise, it happens very quick, usually start noticing N def around 2 and a half weeks after the last pot up, but apart from that it's great although i like Westlands MP best (1 in the green bag) but difficult to get hold of
Hello Herb,

Hope you are well mate, mind if I grab a seat, looking all loved up man

Looking forward to how these grow out, goodluck bro,

Great growing

peace
Hey Red, thanks for stopping by, anxious to see how this new cross turns out, noticing quite a variety of aromas even in late veg, from pine, skunky, heavy afghan, also found a male where the stalk smelled like greasy cat piss if you can imagine that, was gonna keep him back to cross to the Jack's Cleaner clone but ended up just getting rid of him to concentrate on the females
They looks more than great m8 !!!
Very Very nice structural and health plants !

keep us updated

BO
Cheers BO, now on day 1 of flower so gonna update more regular from now onwards
a picture of health them babies fair play m8
great pics as well
good on you fella
Cheers Elmo, been keeping an eye on your diary as well bro, think your around a week or so ahead of me?, thanks for stopping by fellas

Day 1 of flower

out of the 10 plants i ended up with 5 females, 5 males, so i discarded all the males so i can concentrate solely on the gals, 1 of the females is a sort of midget so i'm stuck in 2 minds wheather to keep her going or not, all plants on plain water so far, no nutes added at all, the 1 in the 1st pic (top left) smells like pine through + through, the height of the 4 girls are:
top left: 18 inches (1 foot, 6 inch)
top right: 19 inches (1 foot, 7 inch)
bottom left: 22 inches (1 foot, 10 inch)
bottom right: 21 inches (1 foot, 9 inches)

over the next day or 2 i'll remove some of the lower branching on each of the 4 girls

peace​

**new camera upload test**

Hi Scorpion,
hows things man?, moving along nicely so far (touch wood), decided to buy a new camera this week, i was using a Canon EOS 450D SLR with the stock 18-55mm lens but in all honestly i was really struggling to use and understand an SLR cam - which settings to use and when etc, so went to the local camera shop today and picked up a Canon IXUS 100 IS, it'll take a while to get used to using a new camera again but it seems pretty good so far, may use the SLR again in the future once i get better equipment for it, until then tho this new 1 will do

Day 10 of flower
Pheno #1

since the last update i've begun the feeding schedule, always get worried when using All-Mix as signs of N def can show up very quickly, so i've decided to start the feeding schedule a week or so quicker than i usually would in a grow - gave the first feed of 0.8ml/l Grow + 0.5ml/l Bloom to hopefully stop this happening. Gonna update the other 2 pheno's later today, this update is just to test the pics etc

peace​

Last edited:
Day 10 of flower
Pheno #2

also started the feeding on this pheno this week - 0.8ml/l Grow + 0.6ml/l Bloom, tallest pheno out of the 3 girls i kept - just short of 4 foot tall, also got the widest leaf blades out of the 3, the teeth have very sharp defined edges, no double cut teeth marks on this pheno like the last 1 did

forgot to mention another bit about the pheno in my previous post:

that first pheno is the smelliest of the bunch, it's like a mixture between wild pine and watermelon, i've had a Jack Herer in the past that had a watermelon aroma but never this early in flower, got a good feeling about that 1st pheno. i'll update with pics on the 3rd pheno tomorrow

peace​

Beautiful looking plant's you've got youself there herb, these should be something very special indeed. I'll enjoy watching them fill out along with everyone else.

Hope all goes well

Fijian

hi herb,
looking good mang!
I think the real impressive things will appear in the flower,as these plants and the ones i have appear to look like a skunk hybrid,as they should, but have not shown any signs of NL5Haze as yet that I can see.

Ill post up a picture after the holiday has passed.

scorpion

Hello HzS,

Always great to see your shows ! impressive with a lot of information.

keep your green thumb :)

Back