Haze outdoors 2013-2014

Hi scrubble mate, I thought I'd better get in while you're thread's still alive. I still feel faintly disrespectful coming in and dropping pics of my own hyped bullshit, but you said it was ok...

About time you showed up so I can see what my buds would've looked like if they had another three months. You're always welcome. I don't say stuff unless I mean it. Wish you could come round for a beer.

I do have better things than sitting on my arse trying to look at cannabis from every different angle under the sun. But I get what you're up to - documentation - it's nice to look back and see what you grew and learned.

Three main reasons:

• My own personal documentation.
  • To shut up all the trolls that constantly stalked me telling me I was a fake making it all up.
  • If they ever legalise Med Marijuana and I can legally sell strains I make then I want a pictorial history of the breeding history of all my plants. This one thing p*sses me off more than anything else about seedbanks. They almost never show the parent plants and have all these mystery parents and just hype, hype and more hype.

They're just not onto it at all. They should be showing the parents and the grandparents and the great grandparents and the cousins like any other horticultural enterprise selling seed for blooms... cut flower industry... which is as close as you'll get to the cannabis industry.

Finally I may want to do a book or website about growing weed guerilla style so I need as many high quality photos as possible to pick through.

scrubdog

[*]If they ever legalise Med Marijuana and I can legally sell strains I make then I want a pictorial history of the breeding history of all my plants. This one thing p*sses me off more than anything else about seedbanks. They almost never show the parent plants and have all these mystery parents and just hype, hype and more hype.
[/LIST]

They're just not onto it at all. They should be showing the parents and the grandparents and the great grandparents and the cousins like any other horticultural enterprise selling seed for blooms... cut flower industry... which is as close as you'll get to the cannabis industry.

Finally I may want to do a book or website about growing weed guerilla style so I need as many high quality photos as possible to pick through.

scrubdog

I agree a million percent. You would think that if a breeder was proud of his wares as their prices reflect, then they would document every step and be happy to share it.

Big up on you for sharing your grow here. Not only does it help you with documenting but it also inspires other growers. When I'm hauling water, diggin holes, dodging farmers, scouting plots or planning the next generation of seeds, it is nice to know I'm not really alone out there. Plus you're a determined mofo, gotta love that. You should be called GameDog.

So I consider myself very lucky and I'm happy with ten Mango Thai X Black widow seeds.

I’ve had some crosses I’ve tried and ended up with 2 or 3 seeds out of it but was very surprised by what they created. You may get the benefits of mould resistance, shorter flowering, and some bulk from the Widow with the oomph of the Mango Thai. That would be a good find. Never know till you give them a grow.

Loved following your thread, and you may still find some seed as you go thru your harvested bud. I have to agree with PrimalHaze, if you’ve never done a guerilla grow it’s hard to appreciate and respect the effort it takes and the feeling of accomplishment when bringing in a harvest. Lots of obstacles to overcome and results are not guaranteed by a long shot.

Damn Bushweed, thanks for the display…love to sample the wares.

Big Ups Too ScrubDog!

I haven't said much if anything in this thread, but it IS truly inspiring :)

I am not doing outdoor currently but love to do it and have with some success in the past. GAMEDOG is right. You plow through lots of heart breaking shit and it doesn't deter you. There are many times I've browsed the thread and been horrified at the mold carnage... but you have a plan, a goal and DRIVE enough to weather it.

And guerrilla is the right term for sure :D

Bushweed... :rolleyes: maybe one day when I grow up I'll be you LOL Impressive beyond words. I know of at least two people other than me that added mangobiche to the list. ;) Thanks for the work AND letting us see it.

¡Cuidado!

... cut flower industry... which is as close as you'll get to the cannabis industry.

scrubdog[/QUOTE]

This is so true, from all aspects, not just documentation. Many cut & potted plants sold at the nurserys/florists also bloom on a photoperiod. Two that Everybody's familiar with, mums & pointsettias. Cannabis is a plant. All plants have their own requirements that may differ greatly from another plant. Once you grow a wide variety, you learn this. Cannabis is just another variety.... learn its requirements (can't forget indica & sativa have a difference in requirements from each other). Since 1970, I worked in commercial greenhouses & had huge 500-600 plant gorilla grows outdoors, 20 - 30 indoors 2 - 3 Xs a year. Not many people realize just how similar growing for cut flowers & cannabis really are. Scrub... you hit the nail on the yet again. I hope that every newbee that hits the forums reads this thread & takes it to heart. You know, sometimes I really have to laugh. Plants have grown all on their own since the begining of time. Some people jump in & make it as complicated as possible, then when something goes horribly wrong they panic & have no idea how to correct the problem. RELAX people. Read a lot of organic gardening mags/books.... grow a garden & some house plants. Read about disease & insects....... then start growing herb, and for heavens sake, KICK THE DAMNED WIVES TALES TO THE CURB!!!!
- Scrub, we know you know your shit. Part of that was meant for any newbees who hopefully read this. They also have to keep in mind that outdoors, crop failure happens to EVERYBODY, as we're kinda under the thumb of Mother Nature, & Scrub, you've shown us all Momma can be a bi-polar bitch with her mood swings! No wonder the ancients sacrificed virgins to appease the gods! It was their attempt at climate control! ;)
- Scrub, if you want to close down your thread, I basically use mine as a chat room for friends, so you (all) are more than welcome to stop over anytime. Most of our conversations revolve around plants, nature & animals (lets not forget thieves)! Thoes things are so intertwined with each other that I don't feel we're totally off topic, we stumble back on track eventually! Scrub, I loved reading about your experience with your dog & the wild pig! Its things like that, that keep the human element in the growing! Kudos to you my friend! The grows may be over, but the friendships aren't! :) :) :)

Thai x Nevil's Hz x Mullumbimby Madness

Hey thanks a lot man, here's my last one I just pulled up today...
IMG_5561.jpg

IMG_5566.jpg

IMG_5273.jpg

IMG_5246.jpg

IMG_5658.jpg

IMG_5706b.jpg

Props again to scrub for the space. Hope to drop by again next year.

Last edited:
Beautiful plants Bushweed. My mouth is watering! How can I get my hand on some of these genetics you speak of? I'd love to get some Mullmbimby Madness and some Thai in my garden.

Last edited:
sativas in the bush, I feel like they are better suited to handle wind and heavy rains untopped. I can’t imagine an untopped plant out yielding a topped plant under the same optimal conditions and timing.
Im guessing those cali guys that grow long season trees with indica hybrids and supplemental lights and cages… I think they top.

anyone got opinions on letting them grow into pine trees vs tipping them? affect yield much? never personally tipped too much, might experiment with a couple in the coming outdoor season..
it is plant dependent. stuff like the 88g13hp, and afghan skunk plants I like to grow, enjoy being topped. the Mac 1 Caps cut I am growing as my majority plant, stops growing good once topped. takes like 4 weeks to catch up to plants that like to be topped, and then it still is nowhere as big because of that 4 week slow down.

You can control the apical(tip) dominance by using kelp and alfalfa products if you do not want to top.

sativas in the bush, I feel like they are better suited to handle wind and heavy rains untopped. I can’t imagine an untopped plant out yielding a topped plant under the same optimal conditions and timing.
Im guessing those cali guys that grow long season trees with indica hybrids and supplemental lights and cages… I think they top.
I’m meant to say I can’t imagine a TOPPED plant out yielding an UNtopped plant in the same environment.
I have some plants that were getting too tall this season and I had to top them at about 5’ , they’ve already shot up to 9’. I’m worried the center of gravity is off balanced and they might blow over in heavy wind.

Back