Hawaii greenhouse growing in da clouds "Puna"

LOPAKA

Aloha Everyone, I am new to the computer so please bare with me.
I have been growing my medicinal cannabis in a home made greenhouse now for 12 years on the big ISL. at 19.5 north x 155w 1500 feet above sea level in the Puna cloud belt half way to volcano village. before this I was on the south shore kahala district by the beach hot sunny weather.so I had to figure out how to deal with extreme wet climate. so I designed a metal A frame that I used a pole bender(strait poles are cheaper and ship easy) then figured out how much 2"x6" wood to mount the tracks for the wiggle wire to and the tracks and the wiggle wire and the plastic. for every thing shipped from cali to Hawaii was 1500$. in 1998-now it would be more. the finished size was 50'x70' of dry space.it took 1 day to bend all the pipes and 2 days to put every thing together.not bad for that much dry area! the main problem I have is mold.powdery mildew and the worst bud rot(botrytis).I have tried painting milk on it which worked the best so far, but but rot always seemed to come back to the same cola or branch in a slightly different spot which told me it might be coming from inside the plant?? I have tried pinching off the mold but the trauma from that seemed to do more harm than good. anyone out there have a solution for bud rot?? without electricity for fans I don't know what to do. so I tried to breed in a new strain that would finish faster it worked up until the end and the bud rot was faster. I have to catch my water. yes i am in the boondocks.i am on dial up so I will attempt to put some pic's up. Aloha LOPAKAView attachment 15542

View attachment 15543

View attachment 15544

View attachment 15545

Hi lopaka ,, i have much the same problem where i live ,, similar location ..
i grow in the dry season using earlier strains to avoid that mould season ..
might be a good option for you also ...

plant pic's

Here are some pic's of last short season in the green house. thanks for any comments. :)

Hi Lopka,

Maybe a small diesel generator.

You sound pretty handy maybe you can rig up some type of solar powered system to run your fans... small system should be fine to exhaust that air out... could cycle the exhaust on timers to save the stored power.

Take care,

Chana

Aloha

Aloha Donald Mallard & Chana thanks for the tip's I will get some sort of air movement going soon.I appreciate you input:) there is some thing that won't let me post any more pic's. I will try again. aloha LOPAKA

Back