Grover's Early Skunk Haze 1

It's outdoors that this strain would really come into it's own, I guess. It has a really quick start ... These were put in at the same time as 4 Nev's Haze's. Of these, 1 has not even really started yet (it's just thinking about it..) whereas 1 or 2 of the ESH's are just beginning their FINISH!!!

Nice grow and thread TGM, you have sparked my interest. It will be interesting to see the finish and the end results. I would be interested to know when these would start flowering outdoors…what do you think the total flower time is going to be? I would love to grow a 50% haze here outdoors, I had good success with Early Haze (25% haze) and that finished with plenty of time.

Nice grow and thread TGM, you have sparked my interest. It will be interesting to see the finish and the end results. I would be interested to know when these would start flowering outdoors…what do you think the total flower time is going to be? I would love to grow a 50% haze here outdoors, I had good success with Early Haze (25% haze) and that finished with plenty of time.

First off, I would say that I think you could find plants in here that are really hazy. The smells really start to grow on you and the yields outdoors would just be mind blowing (OK, indoors is a little harder...)

From what I have seen and smelt so far, I would choose these as an outdoor haze choice. Definitely over Walkabout but also over the quarter hazes, too. They are sativas and good on them for that. For sativas they are very practical.

As for selection, well, it would depend on how you grow but if you have room then you could grow from seeds because all the plants are smelly and they all have their own vibes. 1 or 2 will be fantastic, I am sure.
On the other hand, if you do select 1 before putting her outdoors then you could find a real favourite, I would think. The balance between flavour, yield, resin quality and finishing speed would make for a truly unique choice each time. That is why this is a very interesting variety (and way cheap for what you get too..)

I would love to have the space to just put my favourite girl in the dirt in late May and just watch her go - it would be a true BEAST. In the greenhouse 1 plant would fill ALL the space - a greenhouse shaped plant!

Shanti's blurb says these will finish 1st, 2nd or 3rd week of October. I have no reason to doubt him but I reckon 1 or 2 will go to the end of October. They do start quick, though, bless them.

Honestly - I will DEFINITELY try these outdoors.

some of the plants' buds are starting to swell nicely now. 1 or 2 have much greater yields than I had anticipated.

The smells are nice but a little subdued and not as sweet as Nev's Haze..

There will be a real winner waiting to be selected in here somewhere, if I needed it..

Most of the buds are tighter than I thought they would be, too.

The structure is like skunk, all buds and no colas but the buds are huge and the top bud can be really big indeed.

I'm noticing that, although the plants seem to take a reasonable feeding, they are very fussy about salt build-ups...a good flush between each feed should do it.

I would say, go for as long as possible before feeding (a nice big pot might help) then alternate between a light feeding and pure water then give just water for the last 3-4 weeks...

That should keep salt levels nice and even.

Unlike mine, which, through laziness, didn't get flushed enough and upset the plants a little!!

Outdoors, I would dig as big a hole as possible and amend the soil in it with enough organic food to last the whole cycle. Worm castings, Bat guano, Mycorrhazae, Slow release pellets, whatever you have, really, then just water with rain water and let her do her thing...

Haze hybrids are easier if you plant them out but in pots, they can get fussy about the soil's salt levels...this one is no different.

Hi,the Grey Man

I just went over this thread,great work,yout tips will sure get very handy for me maybe i will not grow this strain but for others hybrids with hazy influence.

Overall great thread!

The floppy pheno is racing along now.

It is very resinous and smells great - lemony haze with <slight skunk>
The buds are tiny compared to the others and very very dense.
It is way ahead of the others.
The branches and stem are way floppy.
There is no main cola, just a collection of buds the same size as the others at the top.

Strange plant!

Attachments

• ESHb.jpg
    ESHb.jpg
    857.8 KB · Views: 50
Thanks, Tao.

Everything is speeding to a conclusion now. Even the latest girls are well on their way. Most will be down within 10 days, I would say. The first maybe tomorrow...one or two may go a week longer.

The smells are nice but a little subdued...the yields are actually great! Grown properly you could really max out. I thought the yields would be average at first but I am pleasantly surprised.
Most buds look good. Small crystals but nice frosting.
The nuts are large but some are fluffy whilst others are quite tight. 1 is a proper tight arse!

I can't yet say how good a representation of a 'haze' hybrid this variety is, in terms of smell, taste and high but I will look forwards to finding out and letting you all know...

Grover

With the exception of Mrs Floppy, the plants all have golf-ball sized buds running all the way down their branches and huge hub-a-lubs sitting atop the main stem.

Great swelling in the last week.

It's a shame about the early nute-stress but the plants have been flushed for weeks now and the buds and resin are still producing and swelling so all seems fine. Live and learn.

I have been well impressed. I suppose the smell could be slightly sweeter but that is just nit-picking. Great stuff.

Here a few pics

Attachments

• ESH2.jpg
    ESH2.jpg
    857.4 KB · Views: 48
This is a massive top bud. I suppose it is a cola, really, but it is the shape of the smaller buds but a HUGE bud. They are all like this.

Attachments

• ESH4.jpg
    ESH4.jpg
    855.1 KB · Views: 46
Some of the buds are denser and some have a slightly fluffier feel. None are super light and fluffy. Most are sort of round, like a golf-ball. I see a lot of skunk/haze type plants with this type of flower structure but my favourite is quite a fox-tail-having sort of type but still dense enough. The little floppy miss had super hard nuts. Not like any of the others at all. Weird.
One plant has super MASSIVE buds but is less dense than the others.
These 2 delicate numbers are from right in the middle of a lower branch. Still good.

Attachments

• ESH5.jpg
    ESH5.jpg
    852.8 KB · Views: 23
The aromas seem to range from bitter lemon to a peachy kind of citrus. There is some kind of white pepper thing going on underneath.

There is the usual sweet/sour thing that you will all know from skunk/haze hybrids but maybe leaning more onto sour.

I think that the flavours are enticing and nice. Not overpowering but maybe not quite delicate. Subdued until you crush a bud in your fingers.

The resin is sticky but not White-Widow (sorry Black-Widow.) It is silver and plentiful and the glands are small and glistening.

Attachments

• ESH6.jpg
    ESH6.jpg
    840.5 KB · Views: 23
I can't wait to smoke it. Medium-long cure. BIG joints. Chillum.

It seems to be that you end up with a plentiful supply of lovely hazy skunky flowers so sit back and enjoy.

You can see those last 2 flowers where not quiet ready yet.

At least a couple will get chopped in the next 3 days or so. But not the one pictured on that last photo!

The "red stems of stress" prove that I didn't quite get these plants dialled in on the first grow. They still performed magnificently (are performing, in fact..) so I wonder how good they could be with more care and attention and a second or third go at it.

It is STILL NOT TOO LATE to plant out some seeds for this season in the UK.
They will still grow for almost all of July and all of August before starting to flower and will probably carry on stretching, even in early flower.

OK, you may not get 15ft hedges. Plant out 2 instead. Better variety that way, anyway.

Also, the plants seem quite consistent. You don't need to keep a mother (unless you find one you really really like) so that saves space in the mother-room and 1 less unnecessary plant count in the winter, too!

Here is a pic of a bud from the fucked up weird phenotype.

The buds were tiny but resin covered. The plant finished at around 7 weeks with a tiny yield.

Smell is slightly lemony.

None of the others were (are) like this one.

Attachments

• ESHazeSmallBud.jpg
    ESHazeSmallBud.jpg
    848.9 KB · Views: 61
I harvested another plant today.

It was 8 weeks and 1 day.

I could have left it for a few more days but I wanted it as it is...

I left one of the thumbs on to manicure for a couple of photos.

It was very typical of this plant.

Here they are...

Attachments

• FluffyEshb.jpg
    FluffyEshb.jpg
    848.5 KB · Views: 47
  • FluffyEshSunnyb.jpg
    FluffyEshSunnyb.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 37
  • FluffyEshSunnyThumbb.jpg
    FluffyEshSunnyThumbb.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 40
This plant was the fluffiest of all of them.

It smells of a floral kind of perfume/aftershave

The smell is not strong but not subdued. It is nice.

Attachments

• FluffyEshCloseUpb.jpg
    FluffyEshCloseUpb.jpg
    857.1 KB · Views: 45
  • FluffyEshGlistenb.jpg
    FluffyEshGlistenb.jpg
    854.2 KB · Views: 41
  • FluffyEshShineb.jpg
    FluffyEshShineb.jpg
    826.7 KB · Views: 45
Back