Greatwhiteshark v shark shock

trailsticky

hey all,

Was talking to a good m8 of mine the other day he been growing indoor for donkeys years.

Many yrs ago now he was looking after a commercial grow, they used GWS and used to gas it.

After I spoke to him he recommended it but said it did need gassing, he mentioned it wouldn't be a bad strange to get my hands on.

So I was wondering how much difference there is between GWS and SS

cheers

Hi trailsticky;

I'm not experienced with that particular strain,but I can tell you the only difference between them is this;...none!

Great white shark was the name of the plant in the mid/late nineties.(I was still trying to figure out how to properly tie my shoes back then!)

Later on near the end of the nineties,coffeeshops began calling the shark peacemaker.
Long story short,the people who produced the seeds of it all went their separate ways(as is customary in buisness of all sorts)...some were left with the name while some were left with the parent plants!(the only thing that matters in the end)

Shark shock is MNS' name.
I think it's to avoid immature accusations and B.S. royalties and such.

Remember what Juliet said;

A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet.

But go with the shark shock;trust me,,,,many members of these forums pay tribute to it on the shark boards;rightly so,they do wonderful work with shark shock!

Don't settle for an imitation
ask around,many have grown this one out and are happy with their results!

Hope I could help you make a sober decision

tapi:p

Last edited:
And what does gassing mean

I think what trailsticky meant was that the room was supplied CO2

@ Wicked1;

I got a feeling you might reunite with an old friend via the sharkshock!
^^^
^^^^^
[[][][]][]][o
[[][[]]]]]][]vvv
[[[][]]][]][]^^

Jaws taught me one thing;
no hanky panky on the beach:eek:.....or you die!:mad::mad::mad:

shark shock is the original great white shock shantibaba took his plants when he left greenhouse so he has the original parent plants meaning the same mother and father. now I don't know what greenhouse is passing off as gws but its not the same not even close as greenhouse's gws is bred with 2 females so its not even possible to be the same strain that won the cups back when shantibaba was with greenhouse.

but if your buddy means you need to use co2 too grow it he don't know what he's talking about you don't need it but it is better just takes a lot more money to start up and you can hit 1 gram per watt without it if your really good.

Thanks for all the info fellow tokers.

"caspa" c02 (gassing)

well looks like i will start with shark shock

does SS come on the auction site much or should i be looking to the other sites like seedman.

thought i should add spoke to him today about needing c02, he said that it didn't need gassing just that it was the strain he thought responded to gassing well.

Last edited:
When I first started growing I was dupped into the GHS hype and grew/smoked fem GWS. I've also grown Shark Shock. They are NOT the same plant. I have wanted to do a comparison grow for years but can't seem to get around to germinating the 5 gws I have in the fridge :rolleyes:

Back