Grail Widow test grow by HHHG

It's a Haze!

#1 and 2 are 6.5 weeks flowering and I can finally smell the hazey mother coming through :) pics soon

I just started using Koolbloom. They seem happy with 1tsp Maxibloom so that won't change.

Last edited:
Hey HHHG
I ran them with Maxibloom from seed to finish. I started flower at 1tsp/gallon but they started to burn, so I backed it down to 1tbsp/5gallons. I only gave them one shot of dry Koolbloom in a stand alone solution of 1/2tsp/gallon the day before flush started. In hindsight I would have started the Koolbloom a little earlier but when you smoke like I smoke sometimes you forget what you have on your shelves,lol.

Hey HHHG
I ran them with Maxibloom from seed to finish. I started flower at 1tsp/gallon but they started to burn, so I backed it down to 1tbsp/5gallons. I only gave them one shot of dry Koolbloom in a stand alone solution of 1/2tsp/gallon the day before flush started. In hindsight I would have started the Koolbloom a little earlier but when you smoke like I smoke sometimes you forget what you have on your shelves,lol.

There is a 2-sided scoop in the bag of maxibloom. I use 1 of the smaller scoops per gallon. The Grails seem to like it so far. If they show any burn it will be from the 2ml/gal koolbloom I just started.

That green spoons a great freebie. I always manage to step on and crush my measuring cups so its nice to have a spare.

Foxy Ladies

#1 and 2 seed plants - 51 days flowering

Not sure if I mentioned but I flower under 13/11. My pure haze needs that extra hour.

I usually keep hazes like the Grail further away from HPS, but can't do that in the vertical 1000w tent (soon to be 2k). The ambient temp is usually less than 60F during lights on and there is good negative pressure with the exhaust but the plants are less than 2 feet from cool tube. If heat becomes an issue I can move them back to the LED tent.

Last edited:
light schedule

fook there taking there time to bud up????ive got a BW doing the same ive seen some people say changing the light timings will help do you think we should stick with 12/12 or change times ?????

fook there taking there time to bud up????ive got a BW doing the same ive seen some people say changing the light timings will help do you think we should stick with 12/12 or change times ?????

Hazes put on a lot of weight in the last few weeks so these have a long way to go. It has enough indica that you shouldn't need to add more light on time. My light is set to 13/11 for a pure haze and all the strains do fine on that cycle.

Seed plants #1 and #2 - 68 days flowering

2013-10-10_Grail1a.jpg

2013-10-10_Grail1b.jpg

2013-10-10_Grail2a.jpg

2013-10-10_Grail2b.jpg

2013-10-10_Grail2c.jpg

Seed Plants #1 and 2 - 84 days (12 weeks) flowering

They have a nice scent with lots of Hazey delight :)

I finally had the free space to move the Grails into the tent corners, further from the 1000w HPS. They have less heat now plus the ambient temps are always under 70F. During lights off a space heater keeps it 60F+. The heater doesn't glow and I taped over the power light. I also have an automatic fire extinguisher in each tent which EVERY GROW SHOULD HAVE. At less than $100 there's no excuse to not have one.

Current nutes are 1tsp Maxibloom and 2.5ml Koolbloom liquid.
I think these will flower 15-16 weeks.

Last edited:
Automatic fire extinguishers

Check out the Flame Defender brand. The 2Lb one is only $50 including USA shipping on Amazon. I have the 2lb unit in all my tents. It gives a little peace of mine when you are away from the house for hours/days.

Last edited:
Great info here. I read a horrible story a while back where a firefighter was killed in a badly wired grow room. The owner is now charged with manslaughter among other grow related things. A simple tool like above could save lives. thanks for posting!

#1 and #2 seed plants are 16 weeks flowering and the trichomes are 50/50 clear/cloudy so I'll check them again in a week. The buds are big and airy and have a nice hazy/mixed scent. Once harvested they will need to be cured for 2 months. 3-4 months is optimum for hazes.

I just got back from down south where I had the worst mexican brick that my friend had. I shared my La Nina and he was blown away by the appearance, scent/flavor and of course the effect. I dug 16 seeds out of the brick and brought them home. The brick was so compressed that I couldn't see any trichomes and under microscope looked like dark green dirt. Maybe I can turn dirt into gold. It will be interesting to see if they germinate and what they grow into. Perhaps a Mexican landrace or an indica or hybrid. In those seeds lies the answer.

Last edited:
#2 seed plant will be chopped down at 17 weeks. Trichomes are mostly cloudy. It has a light hazey scent.

#1 will go another week or so. The scent is similar to the MedMan I've been growing for many years :p

Sorry for the lack of pics - I've been out of town - new pics soon!

Last edited:
HARVEST PICS - Seed plant #2

Chopped at 119 days

Scent is hazey like its mother. Height from top of pot to plant top is 3 feet.

Last edited:
HARVEST PICS - Seed plant #1 - harvested at day 126 (18 weeks)

Last edited:
It's taken 7 months to get from seed to harvest and I just read a post by Shanti saying this strain needs a 3 month cure so I'll give a smoke report in Spring :)

It's taken 7 months to get from seed to harvest and I just read a post by Shanti saying this strain needs a 3 month cure so I'll give a smoke report in Spring :)

haha!

see you after hibernation :D

going to be a legendary wake and bake!

Back