Grail Widow test grow by HHHG

looking great. so many awesome grail widow tests going on. where are all the widow ac tests?

They are coming !! not much going on in veg right now going to transplant today I did have a late start so iam not quite as far along ;)

good to hear megawatts. cant wait to see your little ladies. they smell so nice in veg your going to be stoked

#1 and 2 are ready for flowering and I plan to switch them soon. The plants seem haze dominant plus shanti said they can be topped 4 weeks into flowering so I expect some stretch. I flower with a vertical light so stretch isn't much of a problem.

Flip!

August 3 will be the first day of flowering for #1,#2 seed plants

Last edited:
Day 1 12/12 - seed plants 1 and 2

I'll be surprised if these don't contain haze

After taking the photos I trimmed all lower and inner growth so energy will be focused on the top colas

Nutes

I've been using Maxibloom with the Grails and they seem to like it so far

Last edited:
I moved my flowering plants to a tent in garage under 2 LED panels totaling 550 watts being drawn.

The HPS light that they had been flowering under was on 5pm off 5am but I am going to slowly adjust the LED timer to get to midnight on and noon off since that is the coolest part of the day. Any advice on how many hours I should adjust it per week to get to that 7 hour time difference without causing hermies?

You can do it in 15 or 30 minute increments, depending on your timer. Extend the night length, then extend the day length:

Day 0 - On 5pm Off 5am
Day 1 - On 5:30 Off 5:30
Day 2 - On 6am Off 6pm...

Essentially you will be shifting your cycles incrementally to avoid any excess stress. If I were you I would seriously think about going 11/13 when you have completed your 7 hour shift. Each day you make the shift you extend your night cycle by 1/2 hour, which means your plants will be on a 12on/12.5off schedule. Making the final transition to 11/13 would only be a matter of extending the night cycle one last time. The entire process will take 2 weeks to complete.

M.

Last edited:
I have to agree with Sensi, I’ve always been one to believe to get the adjustments done in the least amount of time. It may stress the plant slightly but it’s a one shot deal as opposed to a slow adjustment which may be less stressful on a daily basis but stresses over a longer period of time. Turn them off at 5 AM and back on at midnight…done.

Think about what you do when you flip to flower…you go from 24/0, 20/4, or 18/6 to 12/12.

You can do it in 15 or 30 minute increments, depending on your timer. Extend the night length, then extend the day length:

Day 0 - On 5pm Off 5am
Day 1 - On 5:30 Off 5:30
Day 2 - On 6am Off 6pm...

Essentially you will be shifting your cycles incrementally to avoid any excess stress. If I were you I would seriously think about going 11/13 when you have completed your 7 hour shift. Each day you make the shift you extend your night cycle by 1/2 hour, which means your plants will be on a 12on/12.5off schedule. Making the final transition to 11/13 would only be a matter of extending the night cycle one last time. The entire process will take 2 weeks to complete.

M.

Thanks Morphote. I started doing this adjustment. It just takes a few button pushes on the digital timer each day. Not hard at all.

Streeeetch

#1 and 2 have stretched a bit under the LED panels. I had to raise the lights twice. They are as high as possible now so I may tie down the branches.

Man I remember Stretch Armstrong. He was a fun toy. He took much abuse. I ended up eating his insides ! yum.

#1 and #2 seed plants - 23 days flowering

I trimmed off the highest buds after taking pic so the canopy is more even and further from LED panels

Seed plant #1 - 34 days flowering

Plant #2 is pretty much identical. They are all over the place and I couldn't get the whole plant in the photo. They remind me of my bushy thai haze. I may bunch the branches together so they are pointed at the sky. Speaking of, I bet this strain would be a MONSTER outdoors.

I put a wood dowel in each pot and tied the plants to them. Next time I'll veg for less time so they don't get so big and out of control. This strain would probably do well with no veg time at all.

At 5.5 weeks there is not much scent and I don't detect the haze from the mother side yet.

They were moved back into the 1000w vertical HPS tent a couple days ago.

So HGGG is the cat out of the bag and I have missed it. "The haze from the mother side" leads me to believe you know what the parents are. My guess was {NLxHazeA} x BW am I close? Anyway pm me if it is still a secret, Your ladies look to be doing great, good show as always and don't worry my stretch stopped at 5 weeks or so.If you would like take a look at my GW thread I am placing some 12 week photos on it tonight.
Peace
LS

All I will say is that it is less than 50% haze and it is not BWxHzC as I had guessed.

Back