Gifted Mango Widow

CannabisPatient

Seed Med direct from Shanti to a grower friend then clone mother to my care.

Mango Widow right before flower. She got a tomato cage when I flipped her. She is in a 3 gallon smart pot with coco.
MangoWidowFLIP.jpg

_____

MW12-25.jpg

_____

MW1_1-16.jpg

MWspear1-16.jpg

_____

MW1_1-19top.jpg

MW1_1-19darktop.jpg

_____

MW at 10 wks (before dark phaze. I harvested the tops at 11 wks)

MW1donewhole.jpg

MW1donetopclose.jpg

MW1donenugcloseup.jpg

MW1donetoptails.jpg

^that is a seed. I had a timer bump issue and a couple of herms. The damage was not severe.
MW1donelowertop.jpg

MW1donelowers.jpg

MW1donemidbranch.jpg

I love how her stems are going pink as she flushes and ripens.
MW1donetopcurvecola.jpg

_____

I should have some dried shots soon. So far I love the metal shop and tropical fruits that I am getting. Some strong buzzy high flying day brightening medicine.

Do you think that there is some Mango Haze in this pheno or what???
Happy Growing,
CP

Oh, I forgot to say that I have 9 beans that I was gifted that originally came from Shanti. Soon to have some MW babies. When I clear out some gear to make some room. Shouldn't be more than a couple months before some crackin' and huntin' starts. lol

:D

I should have some dried shots soon. So far I love the metal shop and tropical fruits that I am getting. Some strong buzzy high flying day brightening medicine.

Do you think that there is some Mango Haze in this pheno or what???
Happy Growing,
CP

Hi Cannabispatient,
I believe that Ive likely grown MNS Mango Widow more then any other variety from the MNS line up, with Mango Haze coming in second. I was gifted (very generously I might add) the Mango Widow, and the first seed I ever popped gave me a plant that was incredibly dank! She was relatively tame compared to some of the other plants Ive seen from that same batch, and reminded me quite a bit of a Widow from days gone by. Very potent.

I had thought I had grown all of the Mango Widow out that Shanti had sent me, but was pleasantly surprised not long ago to find that there are indeed more Mango Widow to be grown.

Nice thread you have here, some great pictures. I believe selection is key with this line, but that there are some gems to be found.

Jesse how have you been...we spoken previously over the years regarding the Mango Widow particuraly and I could not agree with you more.
I've probably waded my way through 3packs since joining the MNS community, every pack has had both cerebral and devestating knockouts to be found but selection is for sure key. Best plant I ever had for pain came from MW and was both numbing on the body and pure smile on the face, this is the only strain I've grown that had that great combination perfectly combined.
I'm with Jesse all, grow some MangoWidow you won't be disappointed

Thanks for stopping by Jesse. I have been admiring your threads as I did research for Mango strains.

The Mango Widow clone shown above is prone to putting out nanners. She does around week 4 and then around wk 9. I have one in bubbles that appears very happy, but I still found a nan yesterday. It is not major only a few that can easily be removed, but still does some pollination damage. Could be some good fem beans in the crosses??? Maybe OGxSSH X MW would be a winner... I may have to find out one day. jeje

Since I have MangoxWidow seeds I think that I'll toss the clone and hunt for stable keepers. I would appreciate your help. If I have ???s can I pm you?

Good luck with your MW hunt and I hope that you find the ONE.

Thanks for stopping by curious101. I am excited to see what turns up in the rest of this pack, but going by this one clone I can say that she is a favorite and excellent medicine. I would deal with the nans if I didn't have more beans to pop. That is how much I like her. lol. So I highly recommend giving Mango Widow a grow too.

After I get through the MWs I want to get a pack of Mango Haze and do some more hunting. Too much gear too little time. LOL.

Happy Growing.

Jesse how have you been...we spoken previously over the years regarding the Mango Widow particuraly and I could not agree with you more.
I've probably waded my way through 3packs since joining the MNS community, every pack has had both cerebral and devestating knockouts to be found but selection is for sure key. Best plant I ever had for pain came from MW and was both numbing on the body and pure smile on the face, this is the only strain I've grown that had that great combination perfectly combined.
I'm with Jesse all, grow some MangoWidow you won't be disappointed
Hey Curious :)
Doing good brother, sounds like you've seen enough to make you a believer as well. Your post has some good information in it and I believe those interested in this line would be suited to follow your experiences and advice. Always nice to hear from you C101. :cool:

Thanks for stopping by Jesse. I have been admiring your threads as I did research for Mango strains.

The Mango Widow clone shown above is prone to putting out nanners. She does around week 4 and then around wk 9. I have one in bubbles that appears very happy, but I still found a nan yesterday. It is not major only a few that can easily be removed, but still does some pollination damage. Could be some good fem beans in the crosses??? Maybe OGxSSH X MW would be a winner... I may have to find out one day. jeje

Since I have MangoxWidow seeds I think that I'll toss the clone and hunt for stable keepers. I would appreciate your help. If I have ???s can I pm you?

Hey CP :)
Anytime my friend! :cool: Anyone who would like to shoot me a pm should feel welcome to do so at anytime, as I am more than willing to offer whatever help I may be able to produce. We are fortunate enough to have two of the most influential breeders in the industry here at MNS and some very knowledgable members here at the forum so in that sense I think we are all here for the right reasons. To learn and help each other obtain the best ganja possible. Whether you're growing for medical reasons or religous etc. A love for the plant is the common denominator. I was telling a very good G13 x Widow grower ;) not long ago that when I arrived on these forums my pictures were anything but stellar, my plants were poorly grown and I was surely to blame for their woes lol. A friend took me under his wing and showed me a new way and I believe those who are here for legitimate reasons, whatever the case may be, can all benefit from one another and what we each bring to the table.

Last edited:
Mango widow clone soil grown and left natural.

MWadoneWhole.jpg

MWaDonetop.jpg

Not too big on reports so here it goes...

Dirt grown MW has more peppery notes than coco grown. It is spicy and I really enjoy it. This cut also shows the black Chapstick smell. My girlfriend says that it smells like a fireplace, but only the totally white ash. I pick up some musty tropical slightly fruity sweet tones too. It is hard to describe, but hazy and enjoyable!

The buzz starts out with some stony body effects and then builds higher and higher in the head creating a motivational rush. I bet that she is good for depression and anxiety. It makes me very happy and it seems there is just enough cbd to take the edge off. MW is great for my nausea, but hasn't given me whopping munchies.

Happy Growing :D

DWC Hydroponic Mango Widow

I ran my Mango Widow cut in my bubble tote. DWC with 3 part Lucas +silicates, floranectar

MWtoteWhole.jpg

She never ran above 1.25 EC and averaged .7- .8 EC, but still fish hooked. End the end I ran more bloom and less micro than the recipe calls for.

MWtoteClubCola.jpg

I had recently switched from a floor box fan to a inline fan with can filter. The new set up moves more air which was great for my temps, but didn't blow on the plants as much. Humidity was never above 45% so I figure lack of air flow made her go fox tail crazy...that or it is just how the genetics adapt in hydro dwc.

MWtoteClubTop.jpg

The lower floral clusters were more dense. Maybe because they were further from the light (1K digi hps on rail mover)...the tops weren't that close though...hmmm. :confused:
MWtotecola2.jpg

I noticed with my sativa heavy blue cheese pheno that the buds closest to the light stretched out and became wispy.
Anyone have a similar experience? (I saw BH's Egyptian gal all bleached and foxtailed on IC-that was crazy) I would love to see any fox tailed buds pics members could share.

MWtotefoxcola.jpg

These MWs are crazy in the fox tail department :D

Finger points to the spot the fox tail starts inside the bud.
MWtotefoxfinger.jpg

This one could win longest fox tail competiton. lol

MWtotenug.jpg

Dried for one day and ready for the final trim:
MWtotenug.jpg

MWtoteTops.jpg

Do you think the density and fox tails are phenotypic reponse to dwc? or something I did? Maybe lack of air movement/blowing on plants?

Thank you ahead for answers and Happy Growing,
CP

Very Nice ;)

Thank you sir. I love how much this cut leans to the Mango Haze side. It will be sad when it is all gone, but that will be motivation to get some of Shanti's beans wet. ;)

I sampled the first of the hydroponic MW flowers last night. I think that the hydro has a stronger effect/stone than the coco and soil grown. It really got me going. MW opens my ajna chakra. I did notice that the high lasted hours, but then dropped off leaving me crashed on the couch. It is the kind that you can keep consuming more to stay up. The couch effects only come when it wears off.

The dwc grown MW smells like liver all metallic and meaty. Way more than the other mediums. That smell thankfully doesn't come through as strong in the flavor. You still get it in the background, but also the spiciness and musty tropical fruits...like papaya, but without the same floral notes that a papaya has.

Happy Growing,
CP

Sorry for the very late reply sensi13. This place was too much fighting and argueing for me so I took a little break. Hopefully all the drama has cooled off lots.

The MW that was foxtailing was under the light at the end of a light rail. Was a far enough distance from the light to most likely not be caused by light intensity. My room was a little hot 80-90F so that may have contrinuted. I think that it was just the dwc.

I have noticed that too much P K booster will make them run crazy fox tails. Push some extra PK when the buds hit phaze two flowering and watch em shoot. It is a fun way to increase yields.

I have a blue cheese that doesnt like to have too intense light. It was crazy weird when the BC went all loose running fox tails directly under the light, but the branches off to the side and all lowers were very dense with no tails. It is too bad she is too long of flowerer for my zone cause she would do great under a tree.

I run a 1K digital eye hortilux super hps with the added 17% blue on a 6' 3.5 lightrail. I also toss in a 400 retro white cmh or 600 digi mh/hps- super depending on the need.

Too much N in flower will make shoots out the tops of the buds like a re-veg almost.

Thanks for stopping in Elmerbud. I agree and feed low levels too. Closer to 1.0-1.4 EC in heavy flower for sat hybrids. Even less for Pure sativa.

I love the MW but didnt keep her any longer due to that cut throwing too many fertile nanners. It has been almost a year now and friends/people are still asking about it and requesting her. I don't tell them about my head stash and it is cured up VERY nicely! Hehe the dwc MW was the best! Amazing peppery flavors. Yum!

I planned on growing the MW seeds next, but then I figured they would do very well in the heat during a summer run. Also the spring time pile up is going to be soon. It always seems to creep up on me and this year I want to be ready. So I think soon Might Mite and some Esben gear will be sprouted. I think that Mandala #1 is next on my list. I want a big mom of her to go crazy with clones OD. So happy to have a sativa heavy hybrid that will finish in my area and also needs little food. I want to do some set and forget style with gps. Then in fall go weed geo caching. Hahaha

Happy Growing

Back