Gatorbait's Neville's Skunk Grow

Gatorbait

Greetings all. This will be my first documented grow online. I am rather paranoid but have been growin for a few years now. So I don't have many posts. I learned to grow by studying online so when Shanti asked for testers I decided it was time to give something back. I have been running SSH,ASH, and AI for over a year now and pretty much have it dialed in. The flower room is full at the moment but will be empty by the time these are ready to flower.
I planted 16 seeds on the 18th in a mixture of 2 parts Light Warrior and one part Ocean Forest. They are under a 125 Watt CFL. They are just starting to break the surface. The plan is to veg untill they are mature and show sex, cull the males, top and clone the females. Then veg them for another few weeks until they recover and then flower the seed plants. I will use the CFL until they are a few inches and then switch to a 400w ceramic metal halide. I plan to flower with a 600W Eye Hortilux and a 400w CMH. Fox Farm Grow Big, Big Bud, and Tiger Bloom ferts. Plus Molasses. Final container will be a 4 gallon square bucket. I have good headroom in the flower room so I can let them get a little taller. I just bend them over if they get too tall. I"ll start posting pics when they all sprouted. Be Safe, Gatorbait

Attachments

• product_LIGHTWARRIOR.jpg
    product_LIGHTWARRIOR.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 19
  • product_OCEAN-FOREST.jpg
    product_OCEAN-FOREST.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 12
  • product_trioliqplnt.jpg
    product_trioliqplnt.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Ok, here's a pic of the 12 that sprouted after a week. Taken at the first of the week. All 12 doing well. Now to let time work its magic

Attachments

• 1week.jpg
    1week.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 20
a dozen it is then :)

i lov the look of the fox farm stuff your using have you used it before

later dude

Vegetation Update

Time to update. The seedlings are doing well. Feeding 1/2 strength Big Bloom and Grow Big once a week. They are still under 125W CFL for now. My soil mix is 60 % Light Warrior and 40% Ocean Forest. Iv'e been using various mixtures of Fox Farm soils and have ultimately found this is the best for me. I usually feed once a week in veg and flower and water the rest. I have to water about every other day with this soil mixture. I use Britta filtered well water except to clone and then just use spring water in the bubbler. I have found over the years that simpler is better. The flower room won't be empty for another month or so which is fine as I plan to do a long veg on these and probably won't flower them untill they are a meter tall. Here a a couple of pics over the past 2 weeks. Be Safe. Gatorbait

Attachments

• Day 19 copy.jpg
    Day 19 copy.jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 23
  • Day 25 veg.jpg
    Day 25 veg.jpg
    580.3 KB · Views: 16
Vegamatic Update

Time for an overdue vegatative update. Potted up to 4 inch pots around the first of July and switched lights from CFLs to a 400 Watt CMH. Staked the plants on July 5 and took some pics. Continue to feed about every other watering which by now is every other day. Plants are very uniform in height and leaf formation. I have alternating nodes now and some girls are showing their panties. No definate dudes yet and I don't cull until I see Balls. Now these plants smell like a dead skunk dipped in shit. I can't wait to flower these bitches. They are all between 28 and 30 inches tall now. These plants are hungry and I am using full strength FF nutes. They love it. Very healthy and fast growing plants. I will update again when I put them in flower. Be Safe, Gatorbait.

Attachments

• PICT0006-copy.jpg
    PICT0006-copy.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0001-copy.jpg
    PICT0001-copy.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 28
  • PICT0004-copy.jpg
    PICT0004-copy.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 25
  • PICT0005-copy.jpg
    PICT0005-copy.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 23
  • PICT0011-copy.jpg
    PICT0011-copy.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 31
Looking good Gatorbait,
You kept the internodes nice and tight on them by the looks of things, although they're starting to stretch a little bit now.
Is that because of the switch from cfl's to hps?

The leaf patterns look similar to alot of my nev's skunk.
Best of luck with the grow, things look nice and healthy.
Peace GG

Actually they are under a ceramic metal halide which have a full spectrum of light. It plugs into a standard HPS ballast. And yes they stretched some when they got full light. I'm probably going to start cutting clones this week and potting up before flower. I would like to get these spaced apart a lot more. This strain would be good as a single cola sea of green. I think we'll be pleasently suprised by this strain. Will definately find some keepers. Later Gator

Flower Time

After about 2 months from planting I placed the girls under 12/12 lighting,600w Eye One,and 400w CMH. The flower room is a converted pantry approximately two by one meters. So far I have only killed ONE male. I guess I hit the lottery. Eleven girls in four gallon square buckets. I have 5 other plants in various stages of flower also. So the room is now full. I took cuttings from 10 plants and they are now in the bubbler. As of today the girls are all about 44 inches all. I have more headroom if they need it. My 600w is about a 2 feet higher than the CMH right now. Leaf structure is very uniform with almost no variation. A couple of plants maybe a little "denser" but no other variation noted. But oh that smell..... shitty skunk. I can't wait. Be safe. Later Gator

Attachments

• Flowerday7a.jpg
    Flowerday7a.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Flowerday7b.jpg
    Flowerday7b.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Flowerday7c.jpg
    Flowerday7c.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 22
So that's where all my Nev's skunk females are, over in your grow.:rolleyes:

Outta my 10, I'm pretty sure I've got 7 males:mad: 5 confirmed and 2 maybe's.

Took some cuts from the females a few days ago, so as soon as they root they'll go in to the room to take up some of the space all the males have left behind.

Peace GG

Flower Day 21

21 days since I moved them into the flower room. Killed one more male for a total of TWO out of 12. I've moved the 600w hps out and replaced it with another 400w CMH. Total wattage of 800. My room temps were getting up there and the room is now 10-15 degrees cooler. Plus I am really impressed by the CMH and its' full spectrum of light. The plants are five to almost 6 feet tall now and I hope they have stopped stretching. Feeding once per week with the fox farm nutes and Open Seasame. Plants are super healthy and smelly. The clones in the bubbler are rooted and I will move these to soil today. I should get a least one or two keepers. I plan on topping the clones and keeping the next crop shorter. Stay safe, Later Gator

Attachments

• Flowerday21a.jpg
    Flowerday21a.jpg
    539.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Flowerday21b.jpg
    Flowerday21b.jpg
    364.4 KB · Views: 33
  • Flowerday21c.jpg
    Flowerday21c.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 28
  • Flowerday21d.jpg
    Flowerday21d.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 18
What's up mate?

You still about or did the gator's get you?
Just wondering how the girls are doing? Your's are a few weeks ahead of mine so I'd like to see what I've got to deal with.

Peace GG

Flower Day 40

Time to update. The girls doubled in height. I've had to bend them bitches over. It's hard to get good picks as it is a forest in the room. I have one definite hazy plant. Plants are healthy and really require little work. All plants are fairly uniform still except for the one. Clones rooted after a couple a weeks in the bubbler and I transplanted them at last post. I topped them last night. I'll veg them until the current ones finish and then pick a Mom or two. So... looking at another 4-5 weeks for these I think. It will be interesting to see how these grow from clones. Not much else happening. Everyones grows look great. These plants could be trees outdoors. Imagine the yield. Too cold up here for outdoor. Be Safe. Later Gator.

Attachments

• Flowerday40.jpg
    Flowerday40.jpg
    590.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Flowerday40a.jpg
    Flowerday40a.jpg
    278.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Flowerday40b.jpg
    Flowerday40b.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Flowerday40c.jpg
    Flowerday40c.jpg
    480.3 KB · Views: 24
  • NSClones.jpg
    NSClones.jpg
    648.7 KB · Views: 12
  • toppedclones.jpg
    toppedclones.jpg
    796.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Flowerday29.jpg
    Flowerday29.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Flowerday29a-copy.jpg
    Flowerday29a-copy.jpg
    575.5 KB · Views: 65
Flower Day 49

Hi all. Time for an update. Plants are healthy and doing well. Some hazy, some skunky and some of both. Lots of pics this time, mostly bud shots. Clones are doing well and topped. Quite sticky also. Smells great. Be Safe. Later Gator

Attachments

• Flowerday49.jpg
    Flowerday49.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Flowerday49a.jpg
    Flowerday49a.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Flowerday49b.jpg
    Flowerday49b.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Flowerday49c.jpg
    Flowerday49c.jpg
    271.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Flowerday49d.jpg
    Flowerday49d.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Flowerday49e.jpg
    Flowerday49e.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Flowerday49f.jpg
    Flowerday49f.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 20
  • Flowerday49g.jpg
    Flowerday49g.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Flowerday49h.jpg
    Flowerday49h.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Flowerday49i.jpg
    Flowerday49i.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Flowerday49j.jpg
    Flowerday49j.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 16
  • Flowerday49k.jpg
    Flowerday49k.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Flowerday49l.jpg
    Flowerday49l.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Flowerday49m.jpg
    Flowerday49m.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Flowerday49n.jpg
    Flowerday49n.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 19
Looks great bro !
Thank you for sharing! Now I know how my NS will looks.
well ... what you think , is that 100 days required for flowering ?

Back