G13, G bud??? West Midlands Uk

HVACCraig

Hi all,

Real new to the forum,

A few years back in the West Midlands, UK, there was a bud called “Gbud” was this G13?????

This thread is really only appropriate to UK based folk, but this seemed like the best category.

Can’t seem to get this anymore, hopefully this is what I’m looking for, maybe someone more exp. can expand!

Craig

That doesn't really say anything.

Everybody in central EU talking about "Amnesia Haze CORE CUT YO" being a clone only blabla.

It's just a keeper haze from this or that seedline (I guess Amnesia Haze CORE CUT YO is probably something from Sensi) that was never worked into a seedline.
Once it was found, it was propagated as a clone. Does that make it a CLONE ONLY ELITE YO that nobody can find if they can't buy the CORE CUT CLONE YO?

In my opinion, no. Anybody could pop enough seeds of the same strain the amnesia was discovered in and, given enough seeds, will find the same or something very similar.

To your question:
What you give is very little information to go by.
Basically just the name.
Going by the name, I would say it was probably a God Bud keeper from JOTI (Jordan of the Islands).
The time frame and hype frame fits, as does the name.

Also JOTI was/is from/based in Canada if I am not mistaken so the whole "super rare, clone only elite YO" thing with UK also fits.

If my guess is right however, the bad news is that while you can still buy the God Bud from JOTI, his reputation has gone down considerably and "recent" grow journals of his gear do not speak favorably about it.
On the flipside, his God Bud was his most successful strain and was regarded as "good" for the longest out of his strains, meaning he probably preserved it the best/took the most care of it.

So if anything out of his stable is still good, it's probably the God Bud.

/Edit
Also would say it is unlikely that G13 in any form was "your G Bud". Why? Because of American Beauty. Big success box office hit, you know the flic, right?
Well it highly popularized G13 to the masses as connoisseur stuff and expensive/luxury bud.
If you tagged G13 to a potent strain, that immediately upped its price.
So I can't imagine anybody selling a G13 related strain, leaves the G13 out of the name. Doesn't fit if you ask me.

Last edited:
Hi Craig,
There is a UK seed company who do have a strain called G-Bomb. It is supposedly derived from a UK clone only strain called 'G' that has been doing the rounds since the early 1990's.
According to the Big Book of Buds 4 "rumours or educated guesses to its composition have included Sensi's G-13 Indica or Flying Dutchmen's Pot of Gold".
As the main 'breeder' for said seed company is from the West Midlands it does kind of fit.
Keep it green.
TF

Hi Craig,
There is a UK seed company who do have a strain called G-Bomb. It is supposedly derived from a UK clone only strain called 'G' that has been doing the rounds since the early 1990's.
According to the Big Book of Buds 4 "rumours or educated guesses to its composition have included Sensi's G-13 Indica or Flying Dutchmen's Pot of Gold".
As the main 'breeder' for said seed company is from the West Midlands it does kind of fit.
Keep it green.
TF

Maximum Respect for that! Thank you, I’m looking into this ASAP

Joti lost his original mother of the god bud and assuming the father as well when he was raised way back and had to rework most of his lines, god bud was never the same after that, and that is my understanding of what happened with that strain

And like broaeidon said with just a name it’s all speculation as to what that really was and god bud does seem like the best guess

That doesn't really say anything.

Everybody in central EU talking about "Amnesia Haze CORE CUT YO" being a clone only blabla.

It's just a keeper haze from this or that seedline (I guess Amnesia Haze CORE CUT YO is probably something from Sensi) that was never worked into a seedline.
Once it was found, it was propagated as a clone. Does that make it a CLONE ONLY ELITE YO that nobody can find if they can't buy the CORE CUT CLONE YO?

In my opinion, no. Anybody could pop enough seeds of the same strain the amnesia was discovered in and, given enough seeds, will find the same or something very similar.

To your question:
What you give is very little information to go by.
Basically just the name.
Going by the name, I would say it was probably a God Bud keeper from JOTI (Jordan of the Islands).
The time frame and hype frame fits, as does the name.

Also JOTI was/is from/based in Canada if I am not mistaken so the whole "super rare, clone only elite YO" thing with UK also fits.

If my guess is right however, the bad news is that while you can still buy the God Bud from JOTI, his reputation has gone down considerably and "recent" grow journals of his gear do not speak favorably about it.
On the flipside, his God Bud was his most successful strain and was regarded as "good" for the longest out of his strains, meaning he probably preserved it the best/took the most care of it.

So if anything out of his stable is still good, it's probably the God Bud.

/Edit
Also would say it is unlikely that G13 in any form was "your G Bud". Why? Because of American Beauty. Big success box office hit, you know the flic, right?
Well it highly popularized G13 to the masses as connoisseur stuff and expensive/luxury bud.
If you tagged G13 to a potent strain, that immediately upped its price.
So I can't imagine anybody selling a G13 related strain, leaves the G13 out of the name. Doesn't fit if you ask me.

G `day Bro

Core is the dude`s forum handle .
The Amnesia Core cut is actually a Super Silver Haze clone .
Dunno WTF the YO part is about .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Imagine Jesse from breaking bad adding that YO at the end.

G `day Bro

OK gotcha now .
I remember hearing a guy say they were smokin G13 . In a lounge room in Australia back in 1994 .

I thought oh cool . I knew of Skunk , NL , Haze . Read about G13 some where .
Never heard of it again till 15 years later when I hooked up the internet .

I`ve got some G13HP #1 on the way .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Dan Van Pot got the original mother from the guy at JOTI, and reworked it when he was with BCBD and won the Cup for Best Indica. BCDB ripped Dan off, and he left them a mother cut of the winning plant, and took the Male.
He then started up his own site, and forum and was selling several different strains. I was a moderator there.
His place was in Canada. Vancouver Island.

Anything BCBD has had since Dan left in 2004/5 has been bred with a Hashplant. Not the original M that Dan had.

He got busted, and shut down and they took all of his seeds ect.

Dan was also the only person Ive seen that had PURE RHINO. No HYBRIDS. It was a very short, stout plant with rock hard buds. I had 1 plant that was 23 inches tall, and 48 inches wide, and got 20oz from 1 plant/1000w Hortilux HPS.

Dan Van Pot (DVP) sentencing August 2007 | Cannabis.com ...
boards.cannabis.com › News, Politics and Legal › Legal

Oct 15, 2007 · Dan Van Pot (DVP) sentencing will be in August 2007. DVP was busted for cannabis seed distribution and growing cannabis in late May 2006. His God Bud won the High Times Cannabis Cup for Indica in 2004.

Back