flush vs non flushed bud

Well put MJPassion ! Too much overfeeding in general., it is a concern with all the chemicals winding up in somebodies lungs.. I just stick to the organic soil and tea approach. Happy growing all!:)

I Use The Same Techniques ; As Organic As Possible ;) . For Outdoor Canada Or U.S.A Try Using Alaska Fish Fertiliser/ Emulsion NPK 20-20-20 And Alaska Fish Fertiliser Bloom Called " Morebloom " NPK 0-10-10
Available At Most Co-Ops And Garden Centres :)
Along With Sunshine mix #3 Thats All I Used For Several Years. Also Kelp And Seaweed Tea For Veg And Seaweed And Herring Roe For Flowering ;)
Dead Starfish Make For Great Bloom Boosters ( Buried A Foot Deeper Than Normal Soil Planting Level.
B.

Last edited:
I was told that using a quarter strength base like fish hydrolysate will perform the same as these "leeching" products. I use 1/4 base plus green fuse and yellow bottle final the last week with r/o only the last couple days. This seems to give the most flav and you can always tell how clean your smoke is by how white your ash burns remember that!

True dat weezy. ;)

Well put MJPassion ! Too much overfeeding in general., it is a concern with all the chemicals winding up in somebodies lungs.. I just stick to the organic soil and tea approach. Happy growing all!:)

Think about this as well...
Phosphorous is difficult to keep contained in any soil since it doesn't really stick around long in a plant available form. It's typically locked up and once released by mycos and made available is easily leached away. This is probably one of the main issues with large scale agriculture production of any crop and is usually the topic of discussion in the Ag world due to pollution of waterways, streams, rivers, lakes, ponds, etc..

If you have to flush maybe you need to figure out a better soil mix...

I still don't see how to avoid it using synth salts, but again, I have no experience there.

Hey sorry to jump in but I have a question and this thread seems like it is close to the topic.

I know that cannabis likes good drainage and there is a lot of talk of flushing etc. I grow in organic soil the only additives organic, like fish meal, seaweed extract, worm compost and teas. It's my understanding that normally in an organic grow you are simply making the nutrients available rather than a kind of force feed in other methods. So the question.

Do roots have a waste matter that needs or benefits from water passing over them and taking the waste away?

I would think in nature almost all plants would have a system were water is flowing past, however minute the flow.

Anyone comment on this?

In organic production...

The plant is NOT feed... The microlife is and they, in turn, feed the plants... ;)

The plant, however, in a 100% organic grow is in near complete control of it's rhizosphere. It attracts specific microbes, via exudates, that do specific work to ensure that the plants get specifically what they need... so long as what the plants need is available...

Fungi help with water uptake as well since they literally increase the effectiveness of the rhizosphere by extending their networks throughout the soil system...

There's a good book about this in laymans terms but I cannot recall the title at this time... The mantra of the book is... "Nobody ever fertilized an old growth forest"... ;D

There's a good book about this in laymans terms but I cannot recall the title at this time... The mantra of the book is... "Nobody ever fertilized an old growth forest"... ;D

Do you mean Teaming with Microbes? I've read a bit of it, I have a pdf copy, but I want to get the real book.

Flush improves smell and taste substantially in my experience. I find unflushed bud to be really hot on the back of my throat and has a smoky campfire taste. Also if you flush you have to do it right. Most people flush for 2 weeks max. In my opinion 2 weeks is the minimum. I flush until my plants are bright yellow and ill from deficiency. Then if you add on to that drying untrimmed, then a really good cure makes for some tasty, potent nugs. I also think feeding and flushing with 0ppm water makes a difference. And on the topic of curing, in general I have found that the tendency for a lot of people is to start the cure to early. One has to exercise patience.

ya I think I can see the difference in unflushed buds its not a huge difference, the only good thing about not flushing I've seen is the plants look healthy and green till the end and would have nicer bud pics. But they seem to have a little funny taste while like you said the plants yellowing seem to have a cleaner smoke.

My guess is either like Neville said about the sugars or just leaching out the cloraphill or both that's making the difference. crazy though some of them guys over at RIU swear by not flushing and one of them grows some nice plants he's even got a sticky at icmag and RIU on "the perfect cure" his names SimonD that's the biggest reason I tried it as well as mods over their swearing by it too. not sure what that's all about only thing I can think is they don't have taste buds. lol

Their is another good thing about feeding till the end but that's for seed production. I'm sure that's why neville never flushed.

Back