Feeding the 'Skeeters. MNS abd others

20190917_145531.jpg

SkunkHaze Sept 16th. Been 21 days + without rain and none in sight. Having record heat to boot, so I broke down today and hauled 10 gallons out in one slow, cussing, shuffle. Hopefully won't be doing that again. She was sad, but not cashed. Leaf drop and yellowing was expected, I can live with that. Smell is warm vetiver and blackstrap rum (NOT spiced rum i.e. Saolr Jerry, Captain Morgan, crap etc). She is definitely slow to flower, really happy about that as well. :D

20190916_130549.jpg

I will check on the other two plants in a day or so. Come on luck

Last edited:
20190917_145323.jpg
Moonshine Haze, Sept 17th. This one ain't mad at all. She is planted along a creek bank and must of found a vein down there somewhere, cause the only thing in the creek right now are tadpole skeletons. I brought out 4 gallons and watered anyway, I am surely not hauling it back out. Watering is a calculated risk, I make bigger paths, more overall #'s of trips to the site, the physical siting of a vanilla guerilla carrying buckets of water into the woods sounding like a mating yak, etc. I could of skipped that risk on this one. Oh well. Smells on her are more generic skunk/funk, quicker into flower, tamer structure. I prefer the SkunkHaze, but I'm gonna need some patience to smoke waiting for her to finish, enter Moonshine Haze.
20190917_143550.jpg

20190918_140808.jpg

Pink Floyd Sept 18th. These pics don't do her much justice, she looks like 5lbs of caca in a 3lb bag. I didn't even bring water, my thought process being if she was sick last time from too much rain, she'd be all better and happy; and that if she was sick last time from being too dry, there's really nothing I can do at this point. Well that's cowardly, and I'm a U. S. Army infantry veteran, I don't call myself a coward lightly. I had my hand around her stem. All I had to do was pull, and all her pain would've been gone. But I couldn't do it. Somehow I think she wants me to let her finish. Maybe it's my man period week and I'm being emotional. Her sweet top
20190918_140814.jpg

See y'all in a month, feel free to post good, bad, or ugly pictures.

Last edited:
I've also lost both males I'd kept alive this far. I went and saw PInk Floyd #1 male sometime early August, he was pissed, but alive and actively throwing pollen. I didn't take any pollen at that time because I was still planning on using SKHZxAFHZ (AT) pollen for crosses. I checked on him (AT) mid/late August, but no pollen sacs open. I waited two more weeks and went to collect AT pollen and the plant was pulled up and gone. 1st thought was "oh shit" second thought was "how far could they of hauled it off, I bet the pollen is still good". 3rd thought after looking around for 15 panicked seconds was "f this, I got a wife and kids, I'm gone." I loved that spot, too. No growing there anymore.
I then waited a few days and went back to Pink Floyd #1. Dead. It was just a rotten black stem 18" tall. No homemade seeds this year. Bummer. Live and learn, I should of collected Pink Floyd's pollen when I had the cahance. Just in case.
Last year I had a killer Walkabout male, and no good females to dust. At least my luck hasn't changed. Walkabout Aug last year
20180831_091126.jpg

Last edited:
Aloha S&G! How goes it in the boon docks? It is always a pisser when your plants walk. Hoping better luck on your next grow.

Shaka
Mu

musashi. Its friggin HOT man. We set heat records 20 out of the 30 days in September. No rain. For here, both stats are unheard of. Yesterday was 97 degrees Fahrenheit. I'm praying for a hurricane, it's that bad. Cold front coming this next week, only hitting mid 80's. Great for sativas if I had the cajones to go water all the time. I got too many mouths to feed to be sitting in jail.
Walking plants are a bitch. I feel violated each time I find human muckery around a site I put the time and effort into. I always assume there's now a camera there as well.
Hopefully SkunkHaze and or Moonshine Haze can limp across the finish line, if so it won't be because I am a good grower. Pink Floyd died on the vine, I saw her burnt dead shell of a plant today. Ironically, I was carrying 4 gallons of water. 2 weeks late and a dollar short.
As I work on old sites and new ones for next year, I'll be adding a bunch more organic material and using even more mulch.
All seeds die, few truly live. Hope everyone is safe and having a better go than me.

20191024_152151.jpg

About 6 joints worth of good news! Huzzah! What was left of Moonshine Haze came down today. There used to be more, but mold wanted some so I shared. Really mild skunky aroma, hopefully curing will do it better.
20191026_133941.jpg

Another 4-6 joint surprise was Kalichackra #2 whom I had left for dead earlier in the season after repeatedly being chewed on. She managed to get within a week of being totally done, (oct 17th chop) but I wasn't going back later, I had a mild heart attack driving this stinky little thing home.
20191017_111328.jpg

SkunkHaze is still in the field, no check up since last time. Rains came back about 2-3 weeks ago, we'll have to wait and see how much the frying drought effected her. Jah bless

Last edited:
Happy Halloween Howard

20191027_194125.jpg

Full disclosure: my armazing wife carved it. I helped with the others. She recently threatened to start logging her hours. LOL
Trying to save/cure the last of Kalichakra . BUTTERY/funk aromas.
20191027_1035551.jpg

DSCN2765.JPG

This was a tribute year circa 2013 for my favorite grower Bobby Digital/Rza. Gave me first MNS seeds 2005. Cheers mate

Last edited:
Fish, I like your style.
20191031_101029.jpg

Getting started on my GDU (growers dress uniform). I'm working on the shoulder patch right now. The design so far is based on my Division patch from the army. Anybody got any other idea's?
20191031_111201.jpg

I can't be the only nerd here.
The field patch would be on OD green background like the name plates, the garrison patches had the showy background. If the black thread doesn't show up well enough for Howard's head, I could use a khaki background.
The whole point is to have fun, right?

Lol. Fish, wishing you happy crops this harvest season my friend.
SkunkHaze as of Nov 5th. Top is split, not a fan leaf anywhere left in sight, couple brown branches. Had to come home today.
The drought had a major impact on flower formation.
Ever had a fruit/vegetable that wasn't getting enough water at fruit set, so it does make fruit, but they're small versions of the real thing? That's what happened here I beleive. Chopped early
20191105_103227.jpg

]Aromas changed from the "anise in boiling black molasses" to a REEK of lemons. I didn't even care driving it home. Smelt like I drove my little truck through a citrus orchard.
20191105_114024.jpg

In conclusion, my outdoor season was mixed. No excuses, nobody's fault but mine. Next year I'll try again. (Arts and crafts time might be better spent in the field, though you gotta find a balance.)
Accept some good advice from a fool: remember to turn all this junk off once in a while and
Take a hike.

My fellow breaux CannaFish, it might not help much, but I'm sorry for your loss.
It will also not give you any smile to know that my harvest this year was confined to the CAB of my truck instead of a bulging tarp in the BED of my truck. Maybe next year, eh? These skeeters ain't gonna feed themselves.
To watch these plants fighting tooth and nail to carve out an existence in this wild and unruly world is truly beautiful in itself.

Hey Marcus, my friend, I hate guerrilla growing. Maybe because I suck at it, maybe because I hate feeling like a criminal (according to local and federal laws, AM a criminal, the most dangerous kind) caring for a plant. I love our home garden, it's a shame I'm too scared of reprisal to plant cannabis in it.
This thread showed potential, I would agree to that. Hard at work getting better.
I appreciate your optimism for the future, I share it and would pass it along to any others in need.
Louisiana has it's good points and it's bad points. Love the biodiversity, hate the poli-tricks.
When you come down again, (I'm an hour from NOLA) give me a shout. We always got a home cooked meal, a noisy house, and a clean bed for a friend.

Back