Famous quotes MNS likes...

admini

Administrator
Staff member
Thought we could start something new and possibly funny - after our various radios and country specific threads - famous quotes that you like and for some reason you'd like to share with the MNS community.

Here is my first contribution, nothing too new but man the guy was right:

“The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

Ferdinand Magellan (Portuguese Navigator and Explorer, 1480-1521)
magellan.jpg

admini

George Carlin

"What about Goblins, huh? Doesn't anybody believe in Goblins? You never hear about this.. Except on Halloween and then it's all negative shit. And what about Zombies? You never hear from Zombies! That's the trouble with Zombies, they're unreliable! I say if you're going to go for the Angel bullshit you might as well go for the Zombie package as well."George Carlin

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death." George Carlin

"All things are poison and nothing (is) without poison; only the dose makes that a thing is no poison."

German (original quote):
Alle Ding' sind Gift und nichts ohn' Gift; allein die Dosis macht, das ein Ding kein Gift ist.

In other words, the amount of a substance a person is exposed to is as important as the nature of the substance. For example, small doses of aspirin can be beneficial to a person, but at very high doses, this common medicine can be deadly. In some individuals, even at very low doses, aspirin may be deadly. Dose-response assesses the dose levels at which adverse effects were observed in test animals, and these dose levels are used to calculate an equal dose in humans.

Phillippus Aureolus Theophrastus Bombastus von Hohenheim

Born 11 November or 17 December 1493 in Einsiedeln, Switzerland – died 24 September 1541 in Salzburg, Austria

paracelsus8.gif

John Lennon

John Lennon "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"

"The actual experience of the smoked herb has been completely clouded by a fog of dirty language by the diminishing crowd of fakers who have not had the experience and yet insist on being centers of propaganda about the experience."

"A metaphysical herb less habituating than tobacco, whose smoke is no more disruptive than insight -- in short, for those who have made the only objective test, a vast majority of satisfied smokers."

"These then are some of the political or social implications of the legalization of marijuana as a catalyst to self-awareness. The generalizations I have made may also apply to the deeper affects and deeper social changes that may be catalyzed thru the already massive use of psychedelic drugs."

Irwin Allen Ginsberg (1926 – 1997)

Allen_Ginsberg_und_Peter_Orlowski_ArM.jpg

"I know you don't smoke weed, I know this; but I'm gonna get you high today, 'cause it's Friday; you ain't got no job... and you ain't got sh** to do".
Smokey
from the movie Friday.

From Half Baked

Brian: First of all to understand what happened to killer, you gotta understand who killer the dog was. Now killer was born to a three-legged bitch of a mother. He was always ashamed of this, man. And then right after that he's adopted by this man, Tito Liebowitz he's a small time gun runner and a rotweiler fight promoter. So he puts killer into training. They see killer's good. He is damn good. But then he had the fight of his life. They pit him against his brother nibbles. And killer said "no man that's my brother, I can't fight nibbles" but they made him fight anyway, and killer, he killed nibbles. Killer said "that's it!" he called off all his fights, and he started doing crack, and he freaked out. Then in a rage, he collapsed, and his heart no longer beat. wow.
Thurgood Jenkins: You know uh, I never thought I'd say this to anybody, but you two smoke entirely too much reefer. »

Last edited:
He's not the messiah, he's just a very naughty boy- Brian's Mum-Life of Brian

Probably not the sort of thing you had in mind Admini, but what can I say, it was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the thread.
Maybe not something to live your life by, but well worth remembering IMO :)

pEACE,
GG

Here is a couple of my fav. quotes from 2pac's deep thinking mind.

They tell me the preacher's there for me
He's a crook with a book, that motherfucker never cared for me
He's only here to be sure
I don't drop a dime to God bout the crimes he's commitin
on the poor [that has alot of truth to it]

tell me why
Little girl like LaTasha, had to die
She never got to see the bullet, just heard the shot
Her little body couldn't take it, it shook and dropped
And when I saw it on the news I see busta girl killin 'Tasha
Now I'm screamin fuck the world [the world needs help ASAP]

I was told that songs are the soundtrack to life. From the first song it was singing about what life was like at that time.

nice!
great start - all "first things in mind" get a bonus ;)
then we vote for the best 3 ones and do some t-shirts...

shanti: we need cash for the t-shirts ;-)

ad

"The Proof is in the Seed" - Shantibaba

or something like that....

"Treat people as you would like people to treat you" - my parents

peace
BL

"Work joyfully and peacefully, knowing that right thoughts and right efforts will inevitable bring about right results." - James Allen

love google at times like this...:D
peace
BL

The graveyard 's full of people who thought they were indispencable

The man who never made a mistake never made anything

Wilf, an old dude I worked with a long time ago!;)

The world is full of fools and faint hearts; and yet everyone has courage enough to bear the misfortunes, and wisdom enough to manage the affairs, of his neighbor. ~Benjamin Franklin

Man is a Religious Animal. He is the only Religious Animal. He is the only animal that has the True Religion - several of them. He is the only animal that loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat if his theology isn't straight. He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven. ~Mark Twain

History warns us that it is the customary fate of new truths to begin as heresies and to end as superstitions.
Thomas Huxley

Last edited:
Feelings are much like waves, we can't stop them from coming but we can choose which one to surf. ~Jonatan Mårtensson

Man is the only animal for whom his own existence is a problem which he has to solve. ~Erich Fromm
:)

Last edited:
Back