Family Tree of MNS strains

I know this is a work in progress and thank you for taking the time.

A couple of points
Dreamtime - do we really want this in there? Since it isn't a strain but a grab bag of many strains.

The Stones MKSK x HzAC - currently shown as MasterKush it should be MasterKushxSkunk combined with Original Haze(C)

Possibly there are some other minor errors but I just noticed these.

Mr Barnflowers

I know this is a work in progress and thank you for taking the time.

A couple of points
Dreamtime - do we really want this in there? Since it isn't a strain but a grab bag of many strains.

The Stones MKSK x HzAC - currently shown as MasterKush it should be MasterKushxSkunk combined with Original Haze(C)

Possibly there are some other minor errors but I just noticed these.

Mr Barnflowers
Thanks!

Code:
fixed:   added "Original Haze" as the parent for Pink Floyd, The Cure, The Doors, The Stones and U2
removed: Dreamtime

Should there be a distinction between "Original Haze" and "Original Haze (C)"?

mns-family-tree.png

This is getting dangerous because I am so far from being any sort of authority on all of this, but.

Nevilles Haze is NL5xHaze(A) combined with Haze(C)

And I believe that the standard notation is Female Plant x Male Plant, if that's correct then Haze(C) is the dad. So I think the node labled 'Original Haze' would be the Haze(C) dad?

Make sense?

Is it possible to make the chart show gender? I don't know if that would clarify or confuse.

Mr Barnflowers

And to further confuse things 'The Stones' references a 'double haze male'.

Known as Haze(AC), so I am actually quite confuse, please take my comments with a grain of salt and not an authorative comment.

Mr Barnflowers

Actually the whole RockNRoll series seems to reference the Haze(AC) so perhaps this is a selected male from Original Haze parents. Haze(A) being the mother Haze(C) being the father.

:confused:

Mr Barnflowers

EDIT: HazeC being Colombian dom and HazeA being Thai dom
Taken from this post.

Last edited:
Actually the whole RockNRoll series seems to reference the Haze(AC) so perhaps this is a selected male from Original Haze parents. Haze(A) being the mother Haze(C) being the father.

:confused:

Mr Barnflowers

EDIT: HazeC being Colombian dom and HazeA being Thai dom
Taken from this post.
Excellent detective work! :)
I shall update the graph tonight after work.

While were at it it's probably worth mentioning that Walkabout is essentially the outdoor version of Dreamtime. It's not a strain, it's a collection of various strains.

Great work BTW!

Barnflowers said:
Is it possible to make the chart show gender? I don't know if that would clarify or confuse.
It already does:
  • Blue edges indicate a father-child relationship
  • Red edges indicate a mother-child relationship
  • Black edges indicate an unknown relationship

While were at it it's probably worth mentioning that Walkabout is essentially the outdoor version of Dreamtime. It's not a strain, it's a collection of various strains.

Great work BTW!

Good point.

Code:
removed: Walkabout (mixed seeds, not a strain)
added: Original Haze A (female), Original Haze C (male), HzAC
changed: NL5xHaze: "Original Haze C" father
changed: Neville's Haze: "Original Haze A" father
changed: parent of Pink Floyd, The Cure, The Doors, The Stones and U2 to "Hz(AC)"

I do wonder if G13Skunk is actually the parent for all G13 strains since it's been explained that there is no original G13 anymore.

mns-family-tree-2013-03-06--23-31-53.png

As for the graph's layout, I'm not satisfied with it yet. The relationships are defined in an abstract way and the graph is laid out algorithmically. Its appearance can be tweaked later on.

Yet another update: I just discovered that my program can do layout groups. I grouped the 3 Original Hazes

Last edited:
HHHG: Thank you!

JessE: Very interesting. Then I'll leave the G13Skunk in the chart. Does it mean that the current G13Haze is an offspring of G13Skunk instead of G13?

Any suggestions are welcome, both visual and technical.
I'd be willing to make a poster if anyone has a good idea how to improve the looks.

im pretty sure(not 100%) that it is said somewhere in the world wide web that G13 was crossed to haze directly.
also has there i noticed in the graph there where no connections between brazil sat and afghan indica(not just the sub breed crosses)..... im sure your missing some things there, or at least thats an educated guess.

also wanted to make note of the fact in th strain base section, g13skunk is labeled like that. but g13 is labeled, g13 x haze. to me this implys he breed g13 directly to haze.

G13's

G13/Widow shows 'skunk' because the exact genetics of G13 are unknown.

G13/Haze is just what it says: 50% G13 (predominantly Afghan) and 50% Haze (IBL).

Last edited:
no G13, has no skunk origin having grown what i believe to be one of the last of the American crosses or even quite possibly the original, if there is any skunk in it it is majorly diluted. what i believe the G13 strain to be is massively hybridized then stabilized cross consisting of mostly afghani genetics.

but i was referring to the seeds he sells, some claim the g13haze, is (g13xskunk) x haze.

i have been always told it was G13 x haze straight up, then bred for G13 Traits to IBL. in fact seeing some of the crosses haze has made, and the phenotypes, i would not be surprised if G13 has some relation there previous to being bred to haze.
(i do not take my claim to my g13 lightly, i have never seen a plant like it, it has a 10 year history, it is clone after clone after clone and has lost all vigor. prodigy would be what you expect from a true g13, nothing short of amazing.)

so to confirm we both agree that G13 x haze is a direct breed. g13 to male haze.

Hey! I'm sorry I kind of abandoned this thread for a while. Work had me swamped lately and my free time on the forum was focused on the CBD test project. I plan to update it soon and I note all your input.

@AhsocDT - how are you doing with this?
Could you upload a rendered version with your recent changes?
Thanks

im pretty sure(not 100%) that it is said somewhere in the world wide web that G13 was crossed to haze directly.
also has there i noticed in the graph there where no connections between brazil sat and afghan indica(not just the sub breed crosses)..... im sure your missing some things there, or at least thats an educated guess.

also wanted to make note of the fact in th strain base section, g13skunk is labeled like that. but g13 is labeled, g13 x haze. to me this implys he breed g13 directly to haze.

I think the best approach to continue is to gather sources and citations of Shantibaba himself. Thank you for your input everyone!

@AhsocDT - thanks for all the hard work and good luck with your test grow, I'll be testing the Grail! Still waiting for seeds.

im not sure where to put this excactly ? but im only a few weeks out from starting my widow ac test grow for shanti .
allthough there is alot of speculation about the parent lineage of this strain is there or has there been anything released anyway of the excact parents to form this strain ?
perhaps ive missed it somewhere ? i have a gut feeling of the lineage but i would like to be 100 percent sure before spruiking it around

Back